Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I remember when I play EO1 and I wonder why the game was so hard. But it made me realized that the only rpgs I play was Mario or Pokemon at that time. This was also the first time where i had to know the game before play it or else it just kicked your rear end for it.

But that is why I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

crazkylo posted:

I am considering going back and re-playing it, because I forget where most of the secret passages are. I have the 2nt and 3ed games just sitting on my shelf waiting to be played, but where terribly neglected because I refused to play them until I beat the first.

I would replay EO1 to beat because the game gives you a code to get a item at the start for EO2. Or at least just beat the plot boss of EO1 and just get the code from the internet.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

I actually never had EO1, but aren't the items you get really garbagey poo poo that barely give you an edge even in the early-game?

If you just beat the game yes the item is shity, but if you beat the it 100% the item is better. And I think I remember using it most of the 1/4 of the game until I got every class a bettter item.

But the game also notes that you beat EO1 and lets you keep your old teams name from the first game. And I think it changes the dialogue at the begainning a little.

• Locked thread