Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

God I hope the interface and controls are better than ARMAII. I really want to like that game but it just feels so clunky walking around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Hope the controls aren't like trying to move a robot around on another planet like ARMA 2.

E - The stance adjustments look awesome though.

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 5, 2013

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

GoldenNugget posted:

Did you watch the video on movement? It looks significantly improved.

And two scopes are a good thing. You don't want to be unable to aim when it's too close for your acog to get a good shot.

Just finished, and it does look better. I maybe I just need to get over my TF2/BF3 control mindset. I also heard the multiplay has been revamped. I really hope this is true as I had no loving idea what was going on in ARMA2 games.

Where is this going on sale tomorrow?

\/ Holy poo poo, sold just for the chance Project Reality does something with this (or other asymmetrical warfare mod/gameplay)

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Mar 5, 2013

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Installing now and hoping this winter storm gives me a day to play tomorrow.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Every time I place something in the editor its always way off of where I place it, just like in ARMA 2.

I guess I'll have to figure our how to use it this time, because so far the game runs really well.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Renwick Customer posted:

Set up a GROUP of mortars. The order goes:

I cant even find the mortars. What are they under?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Renwick Customer posted:

Turns out the support modules work like the original modules in Arma 2:

For those who don't know how to set up artillery support for your missions, it's quick and easy:

Set up a GROUP of mortars. The order goes:

Mortars -> Support Provider (Artillery) -> Support Requester -> Player Character

These must be synchronised. So it goes Mortar (GROUP) then SYNC to Sup Pro, SYNC to Sup Req, and SYNC to player.

Then you can call it with the 0 -> 8 -> Artillery.

The mortars will have a range etc but now you can use it for all your blowing up needs.

As a side note you can specify the number of artillery requests by double clicking the support requester and specifying it there. -1 is infinite.

I can't get the other support types to work at the moment, however.

EDIT: Helicopter transport works if you replace the module and sync it to a helicopter, and it seems to be way less buggy than the Arma 2 one!

EDIT2: Supply drop doesn't actually drop anything but CAS helicopter works and is also way less buggy! Hurrah!

I've been trying 20 mins to get this to work with no luck.

Edit - Nevermind, turns out I'm just retarded, sorry.

pro starcraft loser fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 6, 2013

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

That PVP was fun, the bug that makes you die before you spawn each time got old though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

This game still feels like I'm controlling someone playing a video game. So sluggish.