Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I just want to remind the lovely posters in here that If they want to talk about future events that have not occurred in the Murata manga version yet, they should be properly spoiler-tagged and be marked as (webcomics spoilers). Thank you. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Isn't there a bleach thread to move this to? If not, please make one.

Indeed, this thread is essentially acting as a postmortem for Bleach. Please feel free to talk about it in that thread where more people can contribute to the conversation.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

ninjewtsu posted:

i'm not super thrilled that every time there's an update the only discussion capable of being sustained is how horny murata is or is not

This. Goons really need to get their minds out of the gutter sometimes.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
This filler discussion is perhaps the worst filler I've read as a mod on SA so far.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Al dente is just Reigan. Also Tank top mask is extremely good.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

TheLoneStar posted:

Despite being part of the Big Three, I don't think I've EVER seen anyone talk about Bleach without mostly just listing its faults. Even then I barely ever hear it get talked about at all, unlike Naruto or One Piece.

That's more the circles you've been posting in— I know several groups that still talk about BLEACH and remember parts if it fondly, and are excited for the new anime adaptation. But yeah BLEACH peaked early on with the first couple of arcs, and has been varying degrees if mediocre to bad from then on in my opinion. Good points include the character designs, the sense of humor early on, and interesting powers early on (and much later on they're essentially just stands from jojos). The anime also had a really good OST.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

chiasaur11 posted:

Mob Psycho 100 is better than One Punch Man.

:emptyquote:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

punk rebel ecks posted:

Just got caught up with One's webcomic.

I'm waiting for what the next "big bad" is going to be after Garou, but the series seems to be following Season 1's formula in that it is serialized but no real over arching enemies.

There's a separate thread for the Webcomic version, as a heads up.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
He is insanely awful gay representation. Literally whenever he comes up, I just say "Imagine if he was straight, and he raped female prisoners instead" and you'll realize how loathsome of a character and "joke" he is.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Nathan from Tiger and Bunny is a much more enjoyable, positive, and nuanced representation of a flamboyant, gay superhero.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Somebody else could probably talk about this with more nuance, but this is my personal feelings in the subject. Even if you remove the rape, PPP is a Gay Prisoner....where by virtue of their character design, it is reinforcing gay/prison stereotypes. Characters aren't created in a vacuum, and PPP was created with the rape joke as the central core tenant of their character. Ripping it out doesn't divorce the other aspects of him, which stemmed from that core aspect, from reinforcing those same stereotypes and "jokes". A PPP without any of those tangential aspects would fundamentally be a completely different character. So no, I don't think PPP is reworkable, even if you removed the mentions and allusions to him raping people.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Gologle posted:

Yo Tatsumaki just tatsumaki'd the entire city. Talk about rasengan, am I daijobu my nakamas?!

https://youtu.be/Jrru9SHCPqc

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Suspicious Lump posted:

Blackie is a perfectly acceptable nickname in many languages/cultures. It's not racist, outside of the USA anyway.

While "blackie" is a kind of pet name in Japan, it, uh, definitely is racist to refer to people as Blackie, no matter the context. Hard to say if the translator is racist and just wanted to do an edgy joke, or if they were just being overly literal with the translation. Either way it's a god awful choice of localization.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Don't post webcomic spoilers in here, and if there are any significant differences between the manga and webcomic, it's worth considering putting them behind a spoiler tag if they might spoil future events.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Jerusalem posted:

I love King so loving much :shobon:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
You've gotta love the small attention to details. Here's a small thing most people probably missed.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://twitter.com/Everything_OPM/status/1663144571176402946

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012