Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nintendo accidentally let slip of an upcoming eShop game - My Nintendo Picross - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which will be available from March 31, presumably as a platinum reward from the new My Nintendo service.

Why would they not bring that up in the direct but waste time on that mini Mario poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Quest For Glory II posted:

Why would they not bring that up in the direct but waste time on that mini Mario poo poo

Possibly because My Nintendo hasn't rolled out in the U.S. yet?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nintendo accidentally let slip of an upcoming eShop game - My Nintendo Picross - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which will be available from March 31, presumably as a platinum reward from the new My Nintendo service.

I would hope this is better than pokemon picross

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

if it's just a bunch of zelda puzzles that stuff was already in Picross DS which will most assuredly remain a better game than all this piddly eShop picross poo poo they keep putting out instead of Picross 3d 2

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They'll put out a reskin of Pokemon Picross but the content purchase system will be from Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Lazyhound posted:

How's the WiiU controller screen for SNES VC stuff? I'm debating that or an n3DS for old JRPGs.

From awhile ago but after beating Earthbound (for the first time in my life) on Wii U recently I feel like Wii U is one of the best consoles ever set up for JRPGS, mainly because the gamepad screen is the perfect thing to kind of grind or do other bullshit while watching a movie or tv and then throwing the game up on the big tv and playing with another controller when doing more important poo poo. I don't like portable games that much and wish Square would throw more of their old poo poo in VC already. I'm planning on getting Breath of Fire 2 on VC once I finish working through some of my backlog.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Help Im Alive posted:

These images aren't working for me, are they really doing Zelda Picross

It's a picross with TP-themed puzzles, I don't think there's any Pokemon-style gimmicks or anything.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I think the Wii U controller is perfect for older low-res games. I recently played through both Minish Cap and EarthBound and I mostly played on the gamepad because they both looked like poo poo on an HDTV.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Rexroom posted:

PaletteSwappedNinja mentioned about "Chasing Dead" - the eShop only game. Apparently it's out on PC already, and... well, it's quality.

This looks like a serious sam mod from around 2003. A bad one, because a zombie horde game in the second encounter engine would've been awesome.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

When's My Nintendo opening registration for everyone? Shibata said March and finally promised Flipnote 3D (something NA got a year ago and Japan years ago), but he didn't mention a specific day, did he?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of March 10):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Star Ghost - €8.99 / £7.99
    Steel Rivals - €6.99 / £5.99
    Bird Mania Party - €1.99 / £1.79
    Dreamals - €4.99 / £4.49
    Word Puzzles by POWG! (demo)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Mario Advance (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Super Mario Advance Special: buy any two eligible games, get the third free! - ends March 24
  • Super Mario Advance
  • Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 2
  • Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
    Trine Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £5.49 until March 10
    Trine 2 Directors Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until March 10
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7.99 until March 17
    Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) (Wii U eShop) - €4.89 / £4.29 from March 10-23
    Art of Balance TOUCH! (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.36 from March 10-31

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Stella Glow - €39.99 / £34.99 (March 11, includes free menu theme)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Blast 'Em Bunnies - €4.99 / £2.99
NEW 3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Super Metroid (SNES) - €3.99 / £3.59 until March 17 if you own LTTP on New 3DS, standard price €7.99/ £7.19
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) - €3.99 / £3.59 until March 17 if you own Super Metroid on New 3DS, standard price €7.99/ £7.19
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    New 3DS VC Launch Offer #1: buy either Super Mario World or Earthbound on New 3DS VC, get the other for half price! - ends March 10
    Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £7.40 until March 10
    Witch & Hero (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until March 10
    Rune Factory 4 (3DS eShop) - €19.99 / £17.49 from March 10-17
    Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH (3DS eShop) - €2.24 / £1.85 until March 17
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €8.99 / £7.49 until March 17
    Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €3.49 / £3.10 until March 17
    Fairune (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until March 17
    The Delusions of Von Sotterdorf and His Square Mind (3DS eShop) - €7.99 / £7.19 from March 10-17
    The Keep (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from March 10-17
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until March 31

Super Mario Advance = SMB2/USA
Super Mario Advance 2 = SMW
Super Mario Advance 4 = SMB3

Note the Wii U promotion: buy any two of this week's SMA releases for Wii U VC, get the other free! (The PR doesn't confirm the e-Reader levels for SMA4...)

New 3DS (not regular 3DS) is getting another "buy 1, get the other at half price" deal for LTTP/Super Metroid. Remember, the SMW/Earthbound deal is still active and will run out in a few days.

Stella Glow is the final game by the now-defunct saviours of JRPG, imageepoch; it's a fairly decent SRPG in the vein of their Luminous Arc games and might tide you over until Fire Emblem drops in a couple months.

Blast 'Em Bunnies has >50EUR worth of DLC that I'm not listing because there's like thirty individual items and I don't know or care about this probably bad game.

Star Ghost is a procedural shmup made by an ex-Retro/Rare studio with music by David Wise. Take a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gohG-M-m_Z8

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Mar 7, 2016

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

having a copy of earthbound that i can play on the tram to work means i might actually finish it. this game is really great, the mood of it is so unlike anything else ive ever played.

when is mini mario amiibo friend challenge game coming to pal land, thats what i want to know

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

quote:

The Legend of Zelda (SNES) - €3.99 / £3.59 until March 17 if you own Super Metroid on New 3DS, standard price €7.99/ £7.19

Maybe you should add this Zelda is actually A Link to the Past and not the first one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Star Ghost looks like it might be okay but 'procedurally generated' is basically shorthand for 'boring' to me. :/

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Yay. The last pair of SNES VC games I'm going to buy in the launch line up. I hope they keep adding stuff after the first month.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

It's kind of annoying that they're just releasing GBA ports of existing VC games this week.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

Yay. The last pair of SNES VC games I'm going to buy in the launch line up. I hope they keep adding stuff after the first month.

portable pilotwings would be a dream

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

irlZaphod posted:

It's kind of annoying that they're just releasing GBA ports of existing VC games this week.

At least SMB3 GBA has all 30-40 eReader levels open so it has something over the existing release.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Wasn't going to pick up Earthbound until that promotion but I've got to admit it's a great game for the system.

Keep forgetting to use save states though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Was Earthbound the first Nintendo game where a character will tell you you've been playing too long and need to get some rest?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't want to meet the human who takes a 15 minute break every hour + wears the wii remote wrist strap

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What if I did one of those things?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Help Im Alive posted:

I don't want to meet the human who takes a 15 minute break every hour + wears the wii remote wrist strap

I wear the wrist strap, but my breaks are more along the lines of 10 minutes every hour and a half or so

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

fyi to other europeans, this is the first time rune factory 4 has gone on sale here

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't wear the wrist strap and play games until my eyes start bleeding or I collapse, often both.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't wear the wrist strap and play games until my eyes start bleeding or I collapse, often both.

Thank you

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I take an hour break every 15 minutes, am I doing it wrong?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

You should see a doctor about not wearing the wrist strap.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

irlZaphod posted:

I take an hour break every 15 minutes, am I doing it wrong?

If you don't wear adult diapers so you can game for hours without so much as a bathroom break then you're clearly not hardcore enough.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
That buy 2, get 1 for Mario games is a nice offer... I hope that it comes to NA even though I'm not sure if I could take advantage of it as I already have SMA4 (with the e-reader stuff).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I wear the wrist strap sometimes. And sometimes I do not wear the wrist strap. It depends on what I am doing. Sometimes I take quick breaks. Sometimes I try to meld my rear end into the couch.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I used to wear the wrist-strap for my old Nintendo DS.

We really need a smiley for :fannypack: or something to go with statements like that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm trying to fill the gap until Fates comes to Europe on May 20th - is Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon worth playing at all

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I laughed about wearing the wrist strap once and then immediately threw the remote at the ceiling so now I wear the wrist strap.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm trying to fill the gap until Fates comes to Europe on May 20th - is Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon worth playing at all

I heard it was a bad remake of the first game. It was so bad it nearly killed Fire Emblem off and caused them to skip putting out the second game remake in the US/EU.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Since New Mystery of the Emblem exists, no not really.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Rirse posted:

I heard it was a bad remake of the first game. It was so bad it nearly killed Fire Emblem off and caused them to skip putting out the second game remake in the US/EU.

That's what I thought too then I looked it up on Metacritic and it has 81 for some reason

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

God no

If you really want more fire emblem play the fan translation of the sequel, it's good.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Regy Rusty posted:

God no

If you really want more fire emblem play the fan translation of the sequel, it's good.

What's wrong with it? I'm not asking because I bought a copy or anything like that. Just curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

That's what I thought too then I looked it up on Metacritic and it has 81 for some reason

who are you gonna trust, some dumb website or your good friends here on something awful