Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
This is a bit outside of the scope of the thread, but are there any devices that can extend the Switch's piss-poor battery life that can work without disturbing play in portable mode? Just to be clear, I have a huge power bank that is the size and weight of a small brick, but keeping that plugged into my Switch while playing with the joycons on each side isn't terribly feasible due to the cord. I was wondering if something like this might allow me to give the Switch more juice while playing it with the joycons attached, rather than setting it on a stand and playing with a wireless controller or the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
There's an official licensed tilted stand coming out soon that'll keep it close to the surface while also charging. Would that do the trick?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Agent Escalus posted:

There's an official licensed tilted stand coming out soon that'll keep it close to the surface while also charging. Would that do the trick?

Thank you for the heads up, but not what I'm looking for. That is designed to top-up the charge while the screen bit sits on a stand and one plays games using a detached controller; I'm looking for something that will help extend the battery life while I'm holding it in my hands, joycons attached, and moving a bit. I know that that would add size and weight to the system, but I'm a big bugger with huge hands; I can handle it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

JustJeff88 posted:

Thank you for the heads up, but not what I'm looking for. That is designed to top-up the charge while the screen bit sits on a stand and one plays games using a detached controller; I'm looking for something that will help extend the battery life while I'm holding it in my hands, joycons attached, and moving a bit. I know that that would add size and weight to the system, but I'm a big bugger with huge hands; I can handle it.

Get a longer wire for your battery brick, and stick the battery in your pocket.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

JustJeff88 posted:

Check out this, Mugen has been around for a while selling extended batteries for nintendo handhelds https://mugenbattery.com/shop/nintendo-batteries/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-portable-battery-charger-case/

E: looks like it might be cheaper on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073S3FGSJ/

Manky fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jun 2, 2018

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I want to try the Tennis demo this weekend, but I don't want to play other people online. I did that when Ultra Smash came out and it left me with a bad taste in my mouth, though admittedly that probably had quite a bit to do with Ultra Smash being poo poo.

Manky posted:

Check out this, Mugen has been around for a while selling extended batteries for nintendo handhelds https://mugenbattery.com/shop/nintendo-batteries/nintendo-switch/nintendo-switch-portable-battery-charger-case/

E: looks like it might be cheaper on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073S3FGSJ/

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Spellman
May 31, 2011

JustJeff88 posted:

I want to try the Tennis demo this weekend, but I don't want to play other people online. I did that when Ultra Smash came out and it left me with a bad taste in my mouth, though admittedly that probably had quite a bit to do with Ultra Smash being poo poo.

You can play against COMs. They're not exactly good, but you can get a feel for whether you'll like the game

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Spellman posted:

You can play against COMs. They're not exactly good, but you can get a feel for whether you'll like the game

I didn't know this, another thank you. I'm not exactly good either, so it balances out.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The Aces demo alone already has a comparable amount of content with Ultra Smash.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

How's Celeste on the Switch? I want to check it out but I heard people had control issues because of the d-pad.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sarchasm posted:

How's Celeste on the Switch? I want to check it out but I heard people had control issues because of the d-pad.

It’s good. Using the stick is fine and using the “dpad” on the joycons works surprisingly well imo. You have a wide selection of different controllers as well.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop (all releases June 7, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CEST/14.00 BSTfor Europe.

Switch
A Magical High School Girl - $14.99 / £12.00 / €13.00
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A Magical High School Girl is a magic crafting rogue-like RPG! The only weapon you possess is the magic you conjure from within. You can freely name your magic. The elemental properties and effects are generated automatically with what you typed in.

ACA NeoGeo Riding Hero - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"RIDING HERO" is a realistic racing game released in 1990 by SNK. WGP (World Grand Prix) mode is where you can compete against top riders of the world. Story mode puts you in the shoes of a young street racer aiming to challenge an eight-hour endurance race and comes packed with RPG elements. Experience realistic motorcycle action that will keep you at the edge of your seat.

Banner Saga 2 - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The award-winning adventure continues in Banner Saga 2! This epic, story-based, role-playing game continues its emotional journey across a breaking world. Bold leadership decisions, wise use of resources, and skillful battle tactics are vital to ensure your Viking clans make it through alive. If played, your choices will carry over from the first game, or you can start fresh with new preset characters.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle - $49.99 / £ ? / € ? (Jun 5 NA / Jun 22 EU)
Retail/Digital - [NA] [EU]
An unrivaled clash of explosive proportions! The beloved BlazBlue franchise Crosses universes, Tags in fan favorites, and Battles it out in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle! Created through an all-star collaboration between BlazBlue, Atlus' Persona, French Bread's Under Night In-Birth, and Rooster Teeth's hugely popular RWBY web series, Cross Tag Battle celebrates the fighting genre for pros and newcomers alike! Choose your team in fast paced 2v2 team battles filled with the craziness you've come to love from BlazBlue, with all the tight mechanics, smooth gameplay, and gorgeous 2D graphics you expect from Arc System Works.

D/Generation: The Original - $14.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
By popular demand the original retro game. Alone with your jetpack, you have flown from Finland across the Urals and the entire length of Asia to deliver a package to Genoq Biolabs in Singapore. You land on the buildings 80th floor setback, finding nobody there to greet you. When you enter the building, the main door snaps shut behind you, and you narrowly escape being killed by the building's security system. You find the receptionist hiding behind her desk; she tells you that Genoq's head scientist Derrida, has been demanding the package you're carrying. His last panicked message came over an hour ago. This package is more important than you could have thought!

GRIDD: Retroenhanced - $11.99 / £9.59 / €9.99 (June 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
GRIDD: Retroenhanced is an intense arcade-style cyberpunk hacking shoot 'em up with an incredible soundtrack, procedurally generated elements, and electric visuals. Pilot your craft to hack through an evolving set of punishing enemies, deadly lasers, and other fiendish obstacles as you attempt to take down an unrelenting security mainframe to take out the system's AI, and cement your place on the leaderboard! Inspired by cyberpunk dystopian films, early home computing, and a pulsing synthwave soundtrack from Dream Fiend, GRIDD takes a classic bygone era and evolves it into a modern arcade experience.

Happy Birthdays - $39.99 / £39.99 / €39.99 (Jun 5 NA / Jun 8 EU)
From legendary creator Mr. Yasuhiro Wada (TOYBOX Inc.) comes Happy Birthdays: a sandbox game in which players create cube-shaped worlds that give rise to diverse and unique lifeforms. With careful experimentation, players can shape the geography and alter the temperature of the world to create the conditions for life and witness the birth of an entire ecosystem!

The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker - $12.99 / £9.99 / €12.99 (Jun 5)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
YOU are a psychiatrist, trying to solve a murder whilst treating the unusual patients of the recently deceased Doctor Dekker. Ask any questions and collect the evidence as you uncover the identity of the randomly generated murderer whilst trying to figure out the chaos that was left behind. The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker is a Lovecraftian FMV murder mystery, which gives players full freedom to question suspects by typing their own questions or by picking from a predetermined list. They'll have questions for you too but be careful what you say. Your words will determine their eventual fates, and your own!

Iro Hero - $12.99 / £11.69 / €12.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Iro Hero is a vertical shoot ’em up with beautiful pixel art graphics inspired by many old-school classics. Staged across nine action-packed levels, Iro Hero features a unique and fresh approach to the popular colour polarity mechanic, with interactive level elements, colour zones, reflective surfaces and much more. Encounter 10 different types of enemies with over a hundred different behaviours, and defeat 10 final bosses in the vein of classic arcade games. Unlock special skills throughout the game to help you land a final blow or escape from desperate situations.

Kadobat Wars - $3.89 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
KADOBAT WARS! is a action card game battle game featuring fights by drawing out many cards using energy accumulated in real time!

Legendary Eleven - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (May 21 NA / Jun 8 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Legendary Eleven is an ​epic arcade football game inspired by the golden age of football spanning the '70s to the '90s. This is a fresh approach to the beautiful game, with fluid gameplay and unique mechanics. Develop astonishing plays and keep possession of the ball to perform unstoppable Super Shots. Gamble with sliding tackles to steal the ball without the referee whistling for a foul. Trust in your fans to support you if you’re losing, or use special trading sticker to boost the stats in your team. Legendary Eleven is all this and more, an over the top, fun and very accessible football game set during the retro World Cups that made history and inspired generations of players and fans.

THE Number Puzzle - $4.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In THE Number Puzzle you follow easy rules to fill in a grid with the numbers 1-9. So simple you will get addicted! 500 puzzles in all! With 4 sets of rules and 4 difficulties, you'll never get tired of playing.

One Strike - $4.99 / £ ? / € ? (Jun 8)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Become the deadliest fighter in a vintage Japan! Only one strike settles the duel, master the fighting style of each warrior to outsmart your opponents. Challenge your friends or the AI in easy, medium or hard mode.

Operation Hardcore - $12.99 / £7.49 / €8.29 (Jun 8 NA / Jun 1 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Dateline: Earth, 1999. An unprovoked alien invasion is underway. You, a total badass, don't really appreciate it. You won't stand for it. You're downright outraged. You pack up some essentials and head out into the night. Little do you know that tonight you will make history. This is: Operation Hardcore.

Samurai Defender: Ninja Warfare - $7.20 / £7.19 / €7.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Samurai Defender: Ninja Warfare is the tower defence game we have all been waiting for! Defend your castle against the waves of enemies laying siege to your gate! Test your tactical abilities and be your own master of strategy: To win, you must utilise the capabilities of your men to repel the daunting invading forces! As enemies move towards your gates, you have no time to lose.

Shape of the World - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99 (Jun 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The world that grows around you... The environment and flora constantly flourish and fade as you wander in Shape of the World, a serene and surrealist first-person explorer. You'll travel through dream-like forests, aquatic caves and peaceful shores accompanied by psychedelic wildlife. No ticking clock or hidden perils laying in wait will prevent you from enjoying your journey... A couple of hours escape from work, anxiety and stress.

Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (Jun 5)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A vessel floating down a river contains an orphaned baby boy. He is found and adopted. As he grows, he learns of his true identity and destiny of greatness. Thus is the premise of two of the greatest stories of our time, but that is where the similarities end. Now we're not saying that "Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn" is better than the Good Book; that would be blasphemy.

Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido - $49.99 / £39.99 / €49.99 (Jun 8)
Take on the role of Musashi, a young hero with an above average appetite! Unearth the mystery behind Musashi’s missing parents and the infamous Sushi Struggles, and defend your homeland from the invading Empire so that everybody can enjoy sushi in peace once again. Be wary though, young warrior, for there are plenty of superior sushi samurai on the horizon. You’ll need to be at your tip-top best – as well as possess a hunger for success – to reign sushi supreme!

3DS
Rainbow Snake - $0.99 / £0.89 / €0.99 (Jun 7 NA / May 10 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Eating Food, Snake Painted In Different Colors. Collect a colorful snake and avoid the green walls. Over time, the snake is gaining speed!

Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido - $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (Jun 8)
Take on the role of Musashi, a young hero with an above average appetite! Unearth the mystery behind Musashi’s missing parents and the infamous Sushi Struggles, and defend your homeland from the invading Empire so that everybody can enjoy sushi in peace once again. Be wary though, young warrior, for there are plenty of superior sushi samurai on the horizon. You’ll need to be at your tip-top best – as well as possess a hunger for success – to reign sushi supreme!

New 3DS
Games For Toddlers 2 - $14.99 / £ ? / € ? (Jun 7 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A set of video games designed specifically for toddlers. Each game is simple and uses only the touch screen.

Storm Chaser - Tornado Alley - $14.99 / £ ? / € ? (Jun 7 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Stream the best storm footage and gain followers. Day Cycle with 0.5x-3x Game Speed Slider. Uses Nvidia PhysX® realtime physics engine, AAA quality 4x4 offroad driving (with big air ramps). Setup and deploy DORTHY into a tornado for a side bonus. A storm simulator that ensures every day will be unique. Immersive storm and tornado special effects. From tornado warnings to cows, you will feel like your witnessing a real tornado.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 7, 2018

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Happy Birthdays looks like it might be pretty cool. Anyone have any more info on it?

content
Feb 13, 2014

Sarchasm posted:

I had major control issues using the stick, but was fine once I switched over to the "d-pad".

content
Feb 13, 2014

irlZaphod posted:

New 3DS
Games For Toddlers 2 - $14.99 / £ ? / € ? (Jun 7 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A set of video games designed specifically for toddlers. Each game is simple and uses only the touch screen.

Does it have a daily challenge?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Happy Birthdays looks like it might be pretty cool. Anyone have any more info on it?

There’s a pretty beefy demo for it on the eShop.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh, didnt even notice, thanks!!

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Sarchasm posted:

It liked it on the Joycon “d-pad”, though I would actually switch to the stick for the bits where you fly like a shooting star. Don’t have a pro controller, but I played a little on my 8bitdo SN30 Pro and it was great on that too. Great game that I’d recommend on the Switch over other platforms because I enjoyed playing it portably.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Blotto_Otter posted:

It liked it on the Joycon “d-pad”, though I would actually switch to the stick for the bits where you fly like a shooting star. Don’t have a pro controller, but I played a little on my 8bitdo SN30 Pro and it was great on that too. Great game that I’d recommend on the Switch over other platforms because I enjoyed playing it portably.

This was my experience, too, but swap SN30 Pro with the Switch Pro controller. I think the game works well with the d-pad until you get to the fast moving segments (the shooting star) and need a joystick.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases June 14, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CEST/14.00 BSTfor Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Super Sidekicks 3: The Next Glory - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
“SUPER SIDEKICKS 3: THE NEXT GLORY” is a soccer game released in 1995 by SNK. Compete with 64 teams from around the world and six different kinds of tournaments where players can aim for the championship. Digitally traced animation makes for beautiful action along with a variety of impactful renderings and 3D shots which allow for intense gameplay.

Alchemic Jousts - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (June 12)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Command your elementals and support them with a wide variety of Skills. Control the arena and crush your opponent in one-to-one encounters! As you progress through the single player campaign you'll be able to discover new Skills and abilities by combining your already known ones and expanding your repertory of weapons to draw from.

Beekyr Reloaded - $9.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Beekyr Reloaded is an exciting Shoot'em Up that brings back the joy of classics in the genre. Play as Beekyr, a brave bee that must avenge his hive from the nasty wasp queens that destroyed it, along five different worlds filled with dangerous insects and many hazards that will put your skills to the limit.

Bloons TD 5 - $14.99 / £ ? / € ? (June 13)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Five-star tower defense with unrivaled depth and replayability. The Bloons are back and this time they mean business! Build awesome towers, choose your favorite upgrades, hire cool new Special Agents, and pop every last invading Bloon in the best ever version of the most popular family friendly tower defense series in history.

Chameleon Run Deluxe Edition - $5.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Chameleon Run is a unique, fast and challenging autorunner with a colorful twist. Jump, switch and run through expertly crafted levels that will have you running back for more. Your goal is to switch your color to match the ground as you run and jump from platform to platform. Sounds easy right? Well think again!

Fallout Shelter - free w/ IAP (June 10)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Fallout Shelter puts you in control of a state-of-the-art underground Vault from Vault-Tec. Build the perfect Vault, keep your Dwellers happy, and protect them from the dangers of the Wasteland.

Fortnite - free w/ IAP (June 12)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Jump in to be the last one standing in the free* 100-player Battle Royale. Build huge forts. Outwit your opponents. Earn your victory. Squad up together online** with friends in the same room*** or around the world!

Hexologic - $2.99 / £2.49 / €2.99 (June 12)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Immerse yourself in the beautiful world of Hexologic. Solve challenging, yet rewarding puzzles, listen to relaxing music, dive deep in the game’s atmosphere and fall in love in sudoku again!

Hollow Knight - $15.00 / £10.99 / €14.99 (June 12)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
An epic action adventure through a vast ruined kingdom of insects and heroes. Explore twisting caverns, battle tainted creatures and befriend bizarre bugs, all in a classic, hand-drawn 2D style.

Jolt Family Robot Racer - $4.99 / £4.99 / €4.99 (June 11)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
JOLT is a fast paced, racing party game. The game at its core is a competitive platformer that’s all about maintaining momentum with skillful navigation. The players compete to be the last robot standing. Using a charged burst of speed called the JOLT, and an array of different objects in the environment; your goal is to outperform or outright sabotage the other racers. Eliminated players are down but not out through the use of the VOID, a random Sabotage Power-Up that allows players to initiate revenge and change the outcome of the race!

Lanota - $14.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A rhythmic music game unlike any other, the unique gameplay of Lanota is perfect for Nintendo Switch! Lanota offers a unique blend of dynamic music rhythm gameplay and storytelling, delivering a colorful narrative and enticing soundtrack in one package! You perform over 70 tracks on a 360 degree circular field – your goal is to hit notes all around the 'plate,' enabling you to both feel the beat and follow the musical flow. Tap, hold and slide to perform and achieve perfect combos and harmony!

Lego The Incredibles - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (June 15)
Experience the thrilling adventures of the Parr family as they conquer crime and family life through both Disney-Pixar films The Incredibles and Incredibles 2, in a LEGO® world full of fun and humour. LEGO® The Incredibles allows players to explore action-packed story levels and an epic hub world - including Municiberg, as they use their unique “Super” abilities to bring the city’s Super Villains to justice. Gamers can also team up with family and friends in 2 player co-op to assemble incredible LEGO® builds!

Moorhuhn Remake - $6.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The Original Moorhuhn, probably the craziest and best-known chicken in the world, is now on the Nintendo Switch, and hunting season is open! It's time for you to keep things quiet and tidy. Take on the role of the chicken hunter as you move the screen left and right to search for more chickens and power-ups. Then use your bullets to shoot incoming birds. The harder they are to get, the more points they are worth.

Paladins - Founder's Pack - $29.99 / £24.99 / €29.99 (June 12)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Access to Paladins is currently available by purchasing the Founder's Pack on Nintendo eShop. A free-to-play version of Paladins will be released later this year.

Join 25+ million players in Paladins, the free-to-play fantasy team-based shooter sensation. Wield guns and magic as a legendary Champion of the Realm, customizing your core set of abilities to play exactly how you want to play.

Pub Encounter - $16.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
It's a romance game where you can fall in love with one of several middle-aged men. All of them are experienced in life and have their own stories to tell. They may not be young, but they can love as deeply and passionately as anyone.

R.B.I. Baseball 18 - $29.99 / £ ? / € ?
It's a whole new ballgame with R.B.I. Baseball 18! R.B.I. 18 takes a significant leap delivering all-new Franchise Mode, Home Run Derby Mode, brand new detailed player models, hundreds of new animations, high fidelity MLB ballparks, revamped crowd system, more dynamic camera angles and a stunning UI presentation. This MLB season get the baseball game that will have you wanting to PLAY IT AGAIN!

Scalextric - $ ? / £9.99 / €9.99 (June 12)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Speed through stunning 3D tracks you created and re-discover the magic of SCALEXTRIC!

Soccer Slammers - $9.99 / £ ? / € ? (June 15)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Soccer Slammers is 2-on-2 arcade soccer with no rules. Just fast-paced fun for 1 to 4 players on a single Nintendo Switch. Crush your opponent by mastering power shots, slam tackles, bank shots, super sprints, and team combo-shots! Warm up with a two minute Quick Game or go for glory in the World Cup against the top 32 teams in the world.

Tennis World Tour - $59.99 / £ ? / € ? (June 15)
The new standard developed by veterans of tennis simulations: play as one of 30 professional tennis players, learn all the shots, master each type of surface and experience a realistic career mode. Define your style of play and tactics to become n°1 in the world!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Just in case you don't follow the Switch thread a bunch of Switch and 3DS games are on sale at the moment due to E3.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Theaterhythm is on Sale, that's a real fun rhythm game. And I'm not a huge fan of rhythm games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy poo poo Bloons TD still exists and is getting console ports?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anora posted:

Theaterhythm is on Sale, that's a real fun rhythm game. And I'm not a huge fan of rhythm games.

Which console, 3DS?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Yeah, it has touch and button controls, but touch controls are the way to go.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i like button controls for battles and touch controls for field stages. it's cool that it lets you pick. theatrhythm curtain call is cool.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
20bux and I haven't bought any games recently? Yeah sure I may as well go for it, downloading now.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I do hybrid for the field stages and button for the battle stages. Theatrhythm owns, the online battles are fun. I used to play against my sister and torture her by picking One-Winged Angel :laugh:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Ughhhh I was more than half way done with this week's update and lost it all. :cry:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Weekly update Help Im Alive edition:

Mario Tennis

happy gaming

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

This week's drop (all releases June 21, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CEST/14.00 BST for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo The Last Blade 2 - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"THE LAST BLADE 2" is a fighting game released by SNK in 1998. The Four Gods aiming to seal Hell's Gate and the eternal dead who aim to stop them are in the middle of an intense battle. A variety of systems have been introduced. Characters have their own individual Sword Quality, the ability to Repel and turn back enemy attacks, Desperation Moves and Super Desperation Moves, as well as the ability to cancel enemy moves and sequence them into Desperation Moves known as Super Cancel.

Anima: Gate of Memories - The Nameless Chronicles - $19.99 / £ ? / € ? (June 19 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Anima The Nameless Chronicles is a third person action RPG that tells the story of a man without name, an immortal being cursed to walk the world until the end of time. When a shadow of his past rises again, he will be forced to take part in a conflict in which the very existence is in question. But... Will he be our last hope, or our doom? The Nameless Chronicles is the second videogame set in the world of Gaia, from the Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG table-top books. You will enjoy a deep and multifaceted story where your choices directly impact the journey and decide your fate.

Anima: Gate of Memories: Arcane Edition - $29.99 / £ ? / € ? (June 19 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Anima Gate of Memories Arcane Edition is the complete edition of Gate of Memories. Anima: Gate of Memories is a third person action RPG that tells the story of both sides of a unique conflict, a war in the shadows between a girl who has lost her past and an immortal cursed to walk the world until the end of time. But... Which one of them will be our saviour... and which our doom? Note: Anima Gate of Memories Arcane Edition includes both Anima Gate of Memories and Anima The Nameless chronicles.

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle - $49.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (Jun 5 NA / Jun 22 EU)
An unrivaled clash of explosive proportions! The beloved BlazBlue franchise Crosses universes, Tags in fan favorites, and Battles it out in BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle! Created through an all-star collaboration between BlazBlue, Atlus' Persona, French Bread's Under Night In-Birth, and Rooster Teeth's hugely popular RWBY web series, Cross Tag Battle celebrates the fighting genre for pros and newcomers alike! Choose your team in fast paced 2v2 team battles filled with the craziness you've come to love from BlazBlue, with all the tight mechanics, smooth gameplay, and gorgeous 2D graphics you expect from Arc System Works.

Bloons TD 5 - $14.99 / £12.99 / €14.99 (June 13 NA / June 19 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Five-star tower defense with unrivaled depth and replayability. The Bloons are back and this time they mean business! Build awesome towers, choose your favorite upgrades, hire cool new Special Agents, and pop every last invading Bloon in the best ever version of the most popular family friendly tower defense series in history.

D/Generation: The Original - $14.99 / £14.99 / €16.99 (June 7 NA / June 21 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
By popular demand the original retro game. Alone with your jetpack, you have flown from Finland across the Urals and the entire length of Asia to deliver a package to Genoq Biolabs in Singapore. You land on the buildings 80th floor setback, finding nobody there to greet you. When you enter the building, the main door snaps shut behind you, and you narrowly escape being killed by the building's security system. You find the receptionist hiding behind her desk; she tells you that Genoq's head scientist Derrida, has been demanding the package you're carrying. His last panicked message came over an hour ago. This package is more important than you could have thought!

Destiny's Princess: A War Story, A Love Story - $14.99 / £13.49 / €14.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A historical Japanese romance game for women, with beautiful visuals and sound. Enjoy romance with famous Warring States military leaders in a tense environment born of despair and amidst the beauty of Japan. Available in Japanese, English, and Simplified Chinese.

Drawful 2 - $ ? / £7.99 / €8.49
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The team behind the hit party games Fibbage, Quiplash, and YOU DON’T KNOW JACK presents Drawful 2, the game of terrible drawings and hilariously wrong answers! You use your phone or tablet to draw weird and funny things like “pitcher of nachos” or “death by trombone.” The other players type in what they think the (probably terrible) drawing is and those become the multiple-choice wrong answers. Then everyone - even an audience of potentially thousands – tries to guess the REAL answer.

Flashback - $19.99 / £17.99 / €19.99 (June 19)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
FLASHBACK, the hit action-adventure game with over 2.2 million units sold, is back on Nintendo Switch! On its 25th anniversary, rediscover this classic, consistently ranked among the best 100 games of all time! It was one of the first games to use motion capture technology for more realistic animations, with backgrounds that were entirely hand-drawn and a gripping science-fiction storyline.

Grab the Bottle - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99 (June 20)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Grab the Bottle is a quirky puzzle game in which you solve puzzles by stretching your arm through the level. You need to maneuver an ever-extending arm to grab the goal bottle, avoiding anything hazardous on the way. To make things more tricky, Grab the Bottle brings physics and puzzles to the mix. You must grab, pull and drop objects to get to the goal bottle. On the way you will find different kinds of obstacles that need to be dealt with.

Gunbird2 - $7.99 / £6.99 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Five characters with distresses went out for an adventure to get the medicine that was handed down from the ancient times. However, they need to gather three materials called "Sun element", "Star element" and "Moon element" and meet the god who lives in an illusionary underground temple to be able to get the medicine. In the middle of their journey, they will meet the Queen Pirates and will be blocked by them from getting three materials. Will they be able to get the medicine before the Queen Pirates!?

Ink - $8.99 / £8.09 / €8.99 (June 19)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The world’s first splatformer is here! INK is a fast-paced platformer with a twist – levels are invisible and must be splattered with brightly colored paint before they can be seen! Players can reveal levels in a variety of ways: double-jumping, wall sliding or squishing an enemy all create splashes and splodges. Even failing is useful – when your blocky character perishes it explodes in a shower of color, painting the surrounding area to reveal more of the level for your next try!

Johnny Turbo's Arcade Wizard Fire - $6.99 / £ ? / € ? (June 21 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Wizard Fire a is classic multiplayer action RPG for one to two players. Originally released in 1992, and a noted classic arcade title from the 90s.

The Journey Down: Chapter One - $ ? / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
In a shady corner of Kingsport Bay, at the outskirts of St Armando, Bwana and his trusted sidekick Kito struggle to make ends meet at their run-down gas station. Little do they know that they are about to be thrown into a spine-tingling adventure that will take them far from home and right into a twisting plot of corruption and danger. The Journey Down is a classic point-and-click saga in with an Afro-Caribbean twist. Get ready to embark on an epic journey of laughs and brain-teasing adventure!

Just Shapes & Beats - $ ? / £15.09 / €16.79 (May 31 NA / June 21 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
"Just Shapes & Beats" is a chaotic co-op musical bullet-hell based on three simple things: avoid Shapes, move to the rad Beats, and die, repeatedly. It’s a new spin on SHMUPs, adding a layer of coop that's at the core of the game: 'cause everything is better with friends. Play alone or with up to four players, local or online, through the game's Story Mode or Challenge Runs.

Lanota - $14.99 / £13.59 / €14.99 (June 14 NA / June 20 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
A rhythmic music game unlike any other, the unique gameplay of Lanota is perfect for Nintendo Switch! Lanota offers a unique blend of dynamic music rhythm gameplay and storytelling, delivering a colorful narrative and enticing soundtrack in one package! You perform over 70 tracks on a 360 degree circular field – your goal is to hit notes all around the 'plate,' enabling you to both feel the beat and follow the musical flow. Tap, hold and slide to perform and achieve perfect combos and harmony!

The Lost Child - $49.99 / £49.99 / €49.99 (June 22)
The Lost Child is an RPG set in modern Japan. Hayato Ibuki, an occult journalist, is thrust into the middle of a conflict between angels, demons, and fallen angels. Now, he must capture defeated foes and turn them into valuable allies.

Lost in Harmony - $6.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Experience music in a new way with the combination of rhythmic tapping and choreographic runner. Discover the musical story from the co-creator of Valiant Hearts. Guide Kaito and Aya through their adventures, in total harmony with music. Travel trough 30+ painted environments. Customize your character's clothes, headphones, hat and skateboard.

Mario Tennis Aces - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (June 22)
Mario steps onto the court in classy tennis garb for intense rallies against a variety of characters in full-blown tennis battles. There are more than 15 playable characters, each with their own distinct characteristics! New wrinkles in tennis gameplay will challenge your ability to read an opponent’s position and stroke to determine which shot will give you the advantage. The game offers a refined approach to tennis gameplay, focusing on deep strategic payoffs, and non-stop, split-second strategies. And this time the game adds the first story mode since the Mario Tennis: Power Tour game on Game Boy Advance, offering a new flavour of tennis gameplay, with a variety of missions, boss battles and more.

Minecraft - $29.99 / £19.99 / €29.99
Minecraft is a game about placing blocks and going on adventures. Explore randomly generated worlds and build amazing things from the simplest of homes to the grandest of castles. Play in creative mode with unlimited resources or mine deep into the world in survival mode, crafting weapons and armor to fend off the dangerous mobs.

Moorhuhn Remake - $6.99 / £6.29 / €6.99 (June 14 NA / June 21 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The Original Moorhuhn, probably the craziest and best-known chicken in the world, is now on the Nintendo Switch, and hunting season is open! It's time for you to keep things quiet and tidy. Take on the role of the chicken hunter as you move the screen left and right to search for more chickens and power-ups. Then use your bullets to shoot incoming birds. The harder they are to get, the more points they are worth.

MUSYNX - $29.99 / £ ? / € ? (June 21 NA / ? EU)
Experience MUSYNX, the new music game sensation! Featuring classic hardcore rhythm game play mechanics!

Pode - $24.99 / £22.49 / €24.99 (June 22)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Pode is a co-op puzzle exploration game about a rock and a fallen star working together to solve ancient puzzles in a stunning environment inspired by Norwegian art and culture.

R.B.I. Baseball 18 - $29.99 / £24.99 / €24.99 (June 14 NA / June 21 EU)
It's a whole new ballgame with R.B.I. Baseball 18! R.B.I. 18 takes a significant leap delivering all-new Franchise Mode, Home Run Derby Mode, brand new detailed player models, hundreds of new animations, high fidelity MLB ballparks, revamped crowd system, more dynamic camera angles and a stunning UI presentation. This MLB season get the baseball game that will have you wanting to PLAY IT AGAIN!

Vegas Party - $24.99 / £22.49 / €24.99
The game takes the player into this over-the-top version of Las Vegas city. Played as a race, the goal is to reach the end of the Strip before anyone else. Manage your token account in 10 minigames, avoid the dangers like twisters and earthquakes, take advantage of your gaming skills and your good luck, trust no one and forget the meaning of the word "mercy" because it does not apply here!

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 22, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The new RBI Baseball is the first one I think developed in-house by MLB's own dev studio after they got sick of them being bad so I'm very interested to hear some opinions on that.

However, tennis is here.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I'm guessing that the child in The Lost Child got lost in the tits.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I am glad they explained what that Minecraft game is. Notice how Flashback instead goes with “this game sold millions because it is the best, WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING TO YOU”.

Also, D/Generation: The Original? So it is not the remake, but the original that it is at least 25 years old? Why?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wasn't there a earlier Minecraft release? I bought it, but why is it getting re-release?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rirse posted:

Wasn't there a earlier Minecraft release? I bought it, but why is it getting re-release?

They redid the engine so it would run better and have cross compatibility.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

Ink - $8.99 / £8.09 / €8.99 (June 19)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The world’s first splatformer is here!

are they allowed to say this

The Squid Sisters should sue

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Mierenneuker posted:

Also, D/Generation: The Original? So it is not the remake, but the original that it is at least 25 years old? Why?

Because the remake is garbage that looks and plays worse than the original somehow. It's also on the Switch though if you wanted that for some reason.

The better question is why $15.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

SeANMcBAY posted:

They redid the engine so it would run better and have cross compatibility.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1009842596120690688

This is a very weird and related thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

And a very not-subtle jab at Sony