Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
So I just picked up a 3DS today. Any good cheap games on the e-shop? I picked up Pokemon Y and SMTIV. As far as Nintendo handhelds go I mostly just play pokemon, but I'd like to get into some RPGs especially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the recommendations guys. Was going to pick up a few of them before I saw soul hackers was on sale. It was bit more than I was planning to spend but I love SMT games. I've added several of these to my wish list though. How often do sales happen? It's know they are pretty frequent on psn but I haven't owned a nintendo system since the ds lite, and before the the game cube, so the eShop is totally new to me

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Really glad I held off on Attack of the Friday monsters, 3.99 seems like a great price. Anything else recommended in this sale?

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is Black Flag worth owning on Wii U over PC? I'm ok with taking a graphical hit if it utilizes the gamepad well. I love sailing around in wind waker.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

I'm really excited about finally getting to play Yoshi's Island on the Wii U. I assume the GBA version doesn't have the multiplayer mini game from the SNES version, correct?

I put hours into that game as a kid (so did my mom and my grandma) and I didn't even know this was a thing.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Sarchasm posted:

I thought the Catwoman stuff was pretty fun, actually. Nightwing not so much.

That is City. All of the DLC is included with City.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

bpc908 posted:

Nah it was pretty poo poo

I was a fan of the card game as a kid and I enjoyed it. It's not as good as the main series but it's a fun time waster.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't think I will be able to resist Donkey Kong for 30 bucks. Star Fox 3D is tempting as well but I only played SNES starfox, I'm not sure how I'd like it.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Someone at Nintendo (Trinen?) was asked about the music rights thing after the VC release and they were all "uhh, no, I don't think so?" and I tend to think they were being sincere.

Anyway, Maboshi's Arcade is a weird, simple game(s) and I like that there's an option to download a version onto your 3/DS for no particular reason.

How does the download to 3DS work? I just got it but I don't see a menu option for it.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
enjoy monster hunter

A06WVQFM0GM2E312
A071BNM62B17TGTA
A071424S2DMN60A0

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ugh, 50 coins short of the wonderful 101. I think I may pick up doc louis and golden sun but then I have 100 coins I can't do anything with.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Uhhh, finally got my smash bros soundtrack in the mail for buying the WiiU and 3DS versions.

Its pretty cool, but all the tracklists encoded on the disc are in german. :911:

Same thing happened with mine, though the second disc didn't have any track listings encoded at all, just track 1, track 2, etc.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wait a second. I played the poo poo out of R/B/Y when I was a kid and abused the hell out of the missingno glitch, but there is a real working mew glitch? I tried moving that drat truck because I Was an idiot but that poo poo never worked.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

Mario Party 1 will probably never be re-released again because of the rotating stick games.

I still remember the blisters.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
so has anyone managed to get the zelda picross yet? basically the only thing I want out of this right now

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Just dropping in to say Zelda picross rules.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kaubocks posted:

1) zelda picross is indeed great which is a pleasant thing to say after the disaster that was pokemon picross. I'm getting tired how every single picross game starts with an unskippable tutorial but that's just something I guess I'll have to learn to deal with since it's probably never going to change. I super appreciate how many options there are in this game with being able to turn off hints. everything off supremacy.

2) never use stylus control for picross games

You can skip the tutorials by hitting the button in the top right corner of the touch screen. Those were definitely annoying. And yeah, I started with Mario picross so I'm used to button controls.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

MisterAlex posted:

I already got Flipnote 3D way back when, but it showed up as an available reward on my new My Nintendo Rewards list, so I clicked the claim button, and it gave me this eShop code.
No idea if it's usable by someone else, but feel free to give it a try.

Thanks! I missed this back when it was a club nintendo reward.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've completed almost all the 3d zeldas (currently working on Twilight Princess HD) but I've never finished a 2d zelda. I'm probably going to pick up LttP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

less laughter posted:

Mother 3 celebrates its 10th birthday tomorrow, so maybe that will be this week's VC release. Crazier things have happened.

This would be cool, I know it's not especially difficult to setup an emulator to play this but I'd rather just buy it because I'm lazy like that.