Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Do Chill Penguin last :getin:

Oh god you may have convinced me to buy it just to gimp myself for 7 whole stages. Plus it's fun to play through his stage after the Airship crashes.

For those with Deluxe Wii U's can you use the code you get from purchasing 50 dollars worth of games on your 3DS? I think I will be getting one soon and would love to use it for Zelda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Yes, you can use the code to fund your 3DS wallet, but you can't earn anything from buying things on 3DS.

Figured as much, but I wanted the oracle games on the 3ds and this will allow me to nab them up.

Just redeemed the code on it and waiting for when it becomes available now.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

irlZaphod posted:

Nice! I have €10.01 in my eShop account right now, so I won't need to stick anymore in to grab both games.

Don't you need to add sales tax? I know both the Wii u and 3DS stateside still require to add a postal code to determine sales tax. Is it different for EU gamers?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Saoshyant posted:

Yes, VAT is included on the final price in most, if not all, European countries.

That sucks a bit, considering I could have afforded Trine if Sales Tax was included... Oh well I got The Cave instead and I hope to enjoy that as well.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah actually, I don't like Metroid Fusion, and Metroid 1 is kinda horrible, but I'd love to be able to play Super Metroid on my 3DS. :(

Metroid Fusion got me into the series. It will always hold a special place in my heart and I loved the controls on that vs Super Metroid. Plus the Gcn's GBA connector cable would allow you to change into the fusion suit through prime. It wasn't seen often but it was still a cool addition.

Off Metroid for now, if we could get Link to the Past on the 3DS eshop, we'd have a complete Zelda timeline from ocarina to Zelda 2. that's the Hero's defeat timeline.

Edited for phone's autocorrect failure

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 30, 2013

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Is it pacific time for the 9 am release of Zelda? Not seeing anything opening up on the east coast

Edit: autocorrect is a piece of poo poo.

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 15:16 on May 30, 2013

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

KimT posted:

You might be able to find it on the store before it updates if you use the search feature. I've been playing Oracle of Ages for a couple of hours now.

Nope. Search still says 9 am release coming soon. It's 10:30 now

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Welcome to my past 2 or so hours. Why did they choose 9 anyway and not midnight? :iiam:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Ages is available for download but seasons is not. :wtc: Nintendo

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Palmtree Panic posted:

New Club Nintendo rewards are up:

Super Mario 3- Wii VC
F-Zero X-Wii VC
Link n' Launch- DS Ware
Metroid 2 -3DS VC

So pretty decent selection again.

drat it! Just bought Metroid 2! Should I Check out the other DS game?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

That's a pretty terrible week for WiiU eShop. Really disappointing after three weeks of really good stuff.

Considering Animal Crossing's release, I can understand that they'd be focused on that. As long as people are taking advantage of the deals when they are up, that's all that matters. And there are some new price reductions and games that aren't to bad atm, Trine and Yoshi are definite gems.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
drat it, thanks to Animal Crossing and the new Mii Plaza games, my play coins have dropped from 300 to 120 in the past week.
...I think I have a problem :ohdear:

Though the games are worth it if you have some money in your eshop account. Plus plaza seems to run so much smoother now. I was worried that the added on features would make a bogged down software become molasses speed. So glad that the update fixed the speed issue :woop:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

I take it that links awakening is going to be like the GBA ambassador program releases and not come out to anyone except those who choose it...

drat it I want the majoras mask soundtrack but the link's awakening is very tempting...

EDIT: Link's awakening is not Link to the past.

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 16, 2013

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I think Link's Awakening was one of the first VC games they released.

Crap I'm an idiot I read it as link to the past for some stupid reason. :doh:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Surprise, Wii U dudes! You're getting a Wonderful 101 demo today! Should be up in around 30m-1hr.

Can it be played solely on the game pad or does it have to be played with the TV along with it?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

SeANMcBAY posted:

It can be played just on the pad.

Definitely increased its value to me right there then. Will download the demo and give it a shot

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Really want to take part of that Wii U deal at target. Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, and Rayman Legends are highly on my list of games but can't justify it without something like this to come along.

Also if you CAN buy a disc, I don't understand why you wouldn't. Disks don't eat up limited hard drive space and look so drat good on the shelf. :3:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Sarchasm posted:

You make the mistake of assuming that your situation--I assume a permanent (and spacious) residence in a relatively convenient area--is universal.

Discs get damaged easily and eat up real space. Physical space for me comes at a much higher premium than hard drive space. I've also lived in places (overseas, especially) where getting a new release on day one was simply not an option any way other than digital. In those cases, digital also saved me money on shipping.

Digital isn't just a novelty for globe-hopping jet-setters, either. I assume the bulk of digital purchases are made by college kids in dorm rooms who can't have shelves full of games.

Moved 4 times in the past 2 years and yes games are a pain to pack and ship and they do eat up space. The last 3 places we lived at were cramped as all hell and clutter was everywhere because of living in small one bedroom apartments, but it's always worth it because I love them being on a shelf and being able to be shown. As for easy to damage, if you take precautions with them and keep them either in the case or in the drive, it won't get damaged. In my case, It's a collection that's over 20 years in the making and I don't plan on stopping it's expansion unless the options become digital only. I know it will most likely become that in a generation or two, but in the meantime I'd love to keep my collection growing.

But if digital is all you can do or want to put up with, i'm not trying to say you shouldn't play it or anything like that. It's your collection and if you'd rather have it on a Hard drive for simplicty sake, go for it. Your money, your choices. It's just my mind constantly goes "but.. but my discs!" :qq:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Space Fish posted:

Nintendo offers 10% back in eShop credit for Deluxe owners, plus downloads are tax-free and devoid of the potential risks/inconveniences of physical stores.

...having said that, I'd also like to be able to bring my games to a friend's house or lend them out. Opportunity costs!

Taken advantage of that deal at least twice so far, but through Virtual Console games I can't find and own physically (see Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Super Ghouls and Ghosts), games I have and want to support for various reasons (See Earthbound and Megaman X), and games you can only buy digitally (See Bumpies Party, DND, and Ducktales). Hell I might have bought Ducktales for the PS3 if I knew they gave the case and pin. the boxart was gorgeous.

Also downloads aren't tax free. Eshop takes out state and local taxes with every transaction.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Highly recommend downloading the Phoenix Wright Demo. Holy crap I can't wait for it to be released, the new prosecutor looks like he'll be fun to break down, there looks like there will be multiple defense attorneys to play at different times, and looks like many familiar faces from the original make an appearance. that was one of my biggest complaints about Apollo Justice was the lack of characters from the previous games making an appearance.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I bought Ace Attorney and that ate up most of my memory stick's blocks. If I wanted to take advantage of Mercenaries and RE Revelations deal I need to ask...

A. If I transfer my data to my computer and then a new stick, would any saved progress be lost on my games? Losing my progress on my games would be awful :ohdear:
B. How much memory would you recommend for the system?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
To be honest a GBA Tactics Ogre rerelease for the 3DS would be amazing. Loved the heck out of that game. I picked up a GBA when it first came out because Nintendo Power teased that it would be released.

Edit: then again they need to start releasing GBA games to the console outside of Ambassador games for that to be a reality... :smith:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Literally the only reason to use a YouTube app on a 3ds and they didn't bother?

Could it be something added later or is it a compatibility issue?

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Pokemon Bank is live in PAL-land, apparently.

Yep, Just PAL... With every passing day Nintendo confuses the hell out of me with it's release decisions. :psyduck:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Chronojam posted:

The GBA games for 3DS Ambassadors had no color issues that I can remember. It's dumb that owners will probably never get a practical upgrade, and I hope they're not refusing to release them on 3DS just to keep ambassadors happy.

Which is weird considering that if the asking price per game is 8 bucks without tax, then ambassadors got a package of over 80 dollars in free games, and the GBA ones were amazing (Would have prefered the original NA Fire Emblem over Stones but it's still nice to have). Plus we've had them for Years over everyone else so that's a definite bragging right.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Stink Terios posted:

Only 5 was released on DS.

It also had a feature that utilized the GBA port at the bottom. It would detect games like Botkai and the like and give you special chips for Battle Network. I can't remember how to access it completely since it's been years since I played but it was pretty cool to get those special chips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Katana Gomai posted:

Is there a reason why you can't just cash the money out to your bank account and use it for whatever? Seems like a more sensible option than paying a 30% markup for a points card.

Yeah, considering pay pal won't charge you a fee for low transactions out of your account, why not just transfer 20-50 out to your actual bank account and do it that way?