Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

irlZaphod posted:

As someone who is really bad at Mega Man games, I'm guessing that I should not play Mega Man X.

Mega Man is more about platforming puzzles and figuring out the best way to navigate your environment one room at a time. Mega Man X is more of an action-based platformer that isn't nearly as slow and methodical and has an exploration element to it in some stages, but always for optional power ups.

I hate the Mega Man series, but I love X. Now if only we could get the Zero games on the 3DS VC. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

The T posted:

So that Code of Princess game is $20 on the eShop for a limited time. Anyone have any experience with it? It also apparently has online multiplayer, so that could be a thing if some of us get it I guess.

Bad voice acting, repetative beat-'em-up gameplay that never changes or adds new moves, anime as gently caress plot, and character designs I'd be embarrassed by if anyone saw me play it.

Even if you like that kind of thing I'm not sure it's worth $20.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Only in games where you have to make minor adjustments and you have the 3D off, though. Sat down you have no chance on anything more than 30 degrees in any direction.

It's fine if you move your head and arms so that the 3DS and your face stay roughly the same distance and angle from each other. It made the shooting games in OoT3D a breeze.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

VanillaKid posted:

So it sounds like Revelations controls more or less like MGS2 did, is that right? I've never really played an RE game before.

I've only played the demo, but I've been meaning to get the game. There's a control mode (3, I think?) that makes it play just like Resident Evil 4. If you have a CPP you can move and shoot.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Purple D. Link posted:

I hate anything that makes you spin the stick because I swear that messes it up. My GCN control stick has never felt "right" since Sonic Riders...

The N64 controllers are kind of notorious for having joysticks that wear out unreasonably fast. I think all springs will wear out with enough abuse, but when Super Smash Bros. came out half the challenge of a match was getting the controller with the least-floppy stick.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Some states/counties don't have sales tax on digital purchases and the postal code you set with the eShop is different from your 3DS region for purposes of street passing. I don't know why Nintendo doesn't go "golly the billing zip code and IP address are nowhere near the stated home region" but I guess so long as you're in America buying with an American card they don't care enough.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Froist posted:

Do the Oracles games on VC do whatever link-up stuff happens between them, or is that not emulated? I'm a big Zelda fan but never played either of those.

When you complete one game, it gives you a password to enter into the other game. The real-life versions also had the ability to enter the password for you if you had two gameboys and a link cable. The only features the VC versions don't have are the special shops that only opened if you were playing on a GBA, and those only sold a couple of upgrade items so you're missing out on the most minor of content.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

Wand of Gamelon, Faces of Evil, Zelda's Adventure.

Tetra's Trackers. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

It's because you're not a giant goddamn baby. I have mild arthritis in my relatively small hands and I never had a problem playing that game for an hour at a time.