Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
That was a super fun episode. Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I love that the current champ's past as The Runaways' bassist was revealed several days into her run, and mentioned in such a low-key way.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

The next tournament should be Ken vs Andy Richter vs Wolf Blitzer. Wolf begins each round with ten thousand dollars and Ken's buzzer is suspended above his head so he must jump and fully extend his arm + fingers to slap it.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Jeopardy's back on the 14th:

https://twitter.com/Jeopardy/status/1301550521208233985

Ken Jennings is presenting multiple categories. The "don't worry, I'm still the host" gag is good, but this does seem like a first step towards Ken eventually hosting.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

It's too bad Betsy won't be returning, she was fun to watch and clearly having a great time.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

He seemed to be having a great time in this week's episodes. I know the show is pre-taped and not really indicative of much, but I did convince myself his health was taking a turn for the better.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I was thinking about this while cooking and Andy Richter popped in my head. It won't happen though, and I would be very happy with Jennings or Burton.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Ideally a tie would be decided by a penalty kick shootout, with the host goalkeeping.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Spokes posted:

I’m still incredibly suspicious of Mike Richards—every article I read about Rodgers hosting seems to be filled with comments about how he’s fine, but Dreamy Mike Richards should be the permanent host
Same here. I can't put my finger on it, but something gives me the feeling he's setting up a "Shucks, I guess I'll host if everyone wants me to" situation. It's entirely possible the last five years have broken my brain when it comes to spotting manipulation, though.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Unless I missed something obvious, "simulator" should have been accepted for that tank clue.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I like Savannah and she keeps the game moving. Unless I'm mistaken, there hasn't been a clue left on the board during her stint. It seemed like that was happening all the time with most of the other guest hosts.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Poque posted:

Matt rules and I hope he never loses
I like him too. His demeanor and delivery are so dry that it was hilarious to see his face light up when he got a Lord of the Rings clue.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Incredible. I've grown used to public pressure simply being ignored, so that's a great surprise. Keeping my fingers crossed for one of the better hosts to be picked.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I figured it was either locusts or frogs, and leaned towards the latter because I liked the film Magnolia and the comic B.P.R.D., which had an arc called Plague of Frogs. This (and the fact that I'm an idiot) is why I would be a horrible contestant.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I genuinely like the fact that Matt is so monotonous. It's funny how even-keeled he is whether he's winning or losing, and impressive how he's been able to win in so many ways with so many hosts. His victories feel like inevitable things that somehow creep up on you. If Jeopardy were horror he'd be a classic plodding zombie.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Zesty posted:

Huh. My recording for Friday was Mayim Bialik for some reason and nothing recorded today.
Does Jeopardy air on a Sinclair station in your area? They were hit by ransomware like a month ago and their broadcasts are still screwing up in weird ways, so it might be that.

For the first week I didn't get Jeopardy at all because they were broadcasting some sports station. Now Jeopardy comes in but at a stuttered framerate, so every time the screen-filling clue animation plays you can see the individual frames. Commercial breaks are also just a silent black screen. Sort of nice, sort of creepy after the first minute.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Zesty posted:

Famous pair. Two people from a band that was famously four people.
That was so terribly written that I assumed I misread it. They need to flush their staff and bring in new people.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

I did enjoy the last batch of episodes Mike Richards hosted, only because when they were recorded he totally thought his plan worked and we knew he was gone.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

Julie Klausner knows what's up.
https://twitter.com/julieklausner/status/1488301375834492929

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

My birthday is the 19th, so this is my present from the universe which you can all share and enjoy.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

There's no way someone outside of James or his friends/family made that site. It was up and running on March 2nd and his first episode didn't air until April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

TelevisedInsanity posted:

The secret to jeopardy is the wagering and buzzer speed, the second the light turns on, you gotta react fast.

And those that can figure out the exact last syllable of Mayim or Ken of their reading speed tend to do well.
As someone who has never been on the show, this seemed like one of the most impressive aspects of Matt Amodio's run. He had to adjust to the timing of what, six or seven hosts?