Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Even better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

https://twitter.com/rgay/status/1428740388643385346?s=20
(and yes, I checked Burton's Twitter likes and he really did like the tweet.)

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I don't see anyone having a problem with him. I always figured people expected him to become the host for years now.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Cool note about the middle contestant (Samit): my brother-in-law went to school with him and he writes for Polygon.

https://www.polygon.com/authors/samit-sarkar

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 18, 2021

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

packetmantis posted:

Did he say what he's a PhD candidate in?
Computer Science.

And then he missed the Daily Double where the answer was Turing.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Why did FJ go from a $200 Teen Tournament clue for the past few weeks to something that would maybe be a triple stumper in the TOC? Did Matt win too much money early in the week and this is their reaction?
LOL I was thinking that "An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away" to "Thermidor" was such incredible difficulty whiplash.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Anti-Hero posted:

After the pastor got multiple religious questions wrong, my girlfriend and I looked at each other and said “she’s a Unitarian Universalist”.
LOL I was thinking the same thing.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

My family was wondering about the swaying and an article said this:

quote:

While some fans might be annoyed by LaLonde, the Ontario native has a medical reason for his swaying. According to TBS News Watch, “He suffered some spinal cord damage over a period of years and had to work hard to prevent muscle spasms in his legs while he was on camera.”
…so maybe I’d say he can sway as much as he wants, I’m fine.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

banned from Starbucks posted:

Did this guy yesterday seriously not know how a daily double works? After already being on the show once before?
Ken is so much more polite and helpful than Mayim. I'm 100% sure she wouldn't have clarified that for the contestant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

gently caress Mayim, gently caress Mayim, gently caress Mayim.

I seriously hope she never returns to the show.

EDIT: And yeah, is she really allowed to make this kind of video with the whole Jeopardy shtick? I feel like in the “normal world,” brands are pretty strict over what their representatives can do and say.

JazzFlight fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 27, 2023