Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Godholio posted:

The only reason Russia is even buying them is as tech demonstrators for airshows to do Cobras and poo poo and sell exports.

The Flanker is an impressive plane in almost any situation. It's not their fault they've only been used to kill MiG-29s.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
salute to our veterans

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Armyman25 posted:

The middle guy's expression really sells this.

He hasn't developed this kind of thousand yard stare yet

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Any idea where I could get a print of that Want her Back? Clean Up! poster? I volunteer at a mil support group and it'd be appreciated there.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

BULLETS CURE ISLAM posted:

Whew, for a second there I thought someone would let a simple answer slide. :baby:

What is that and where did it come from?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

BULLETS CURE ISLAM posted:

Its the baby from the hit show "dinosaurs" dummy

you know what I was asking about moker :(

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Phanatic posted:

The USN's bath-salts-are-bad-for-you PSA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhlaHwnErBI

Warning: Dubstep.

this video owns unironically

and I'd gently caress that chick he gave the business to for her lip

seriously I'd gently caress her stupid

Kinda wanna do bathsalts now

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Brown Moses posted:

If it's an earth-shattering kaboom you want...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQUl4rsTa2Q

Skip to 4:38, but the preamble gives you an idea what makes an earth-shattering kaboom like that. More info on it here.
Edit NM I got this poo poo

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 10, 2013

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Brown Moses posted:

Maybe I'll come across it again on my daily trawls through Youtube. That one wasn't a keeper.

Won't lie, wanna see this video.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

I dub this a Syrian Haircut

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Fister Roboto posted:

This is going to sound dumb as hell, but for whatever reason old B&W photos never feel real to me. Like, it's old, this happened in history. But when they're colored it's like woah. These are real people and places.

Nah man, doesn't sound dumb at all. I feel you 100%.

What's kind of interesting to me, is that I find women from that time to be more attractive than today. Probably because I grew up in a small town in the middle of nowhere so whatever..

It's strange seeing things in color for that time. When movies like Saving Private Ryan, and shows like Band Of Brothers sort of came out with the sharp, digital representations of that era it was really mind blowing to me. When I think WWII era, I think in black and white. So seeing it in color is kind of a mindfuck.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

genderstomper58 posted:

Also probably a black as night CS came up with that menu

Is a galley the same thing as a DFAC/Chow Hall?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Deathy McDeath posted:

Allahu ackbar

There is no way that hotdog he lusts after is halal.

He is an apostate in the eyes of the one true prophet Mohammed, blessed be his name, and of the one true god Allah.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Mike-o posted:

poo poo like that is the reason I'm very tempted to delete most of my Army buddies from facebook.

poo poo like that is why I don't have a facebook.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Godholio posted:

FREE CARO

AB posted:

I really wish Caro would get some help.

I agree with both of these sentiments. As someone with mental health issues who got better, I want very badly to figure out a way to get that guy some help.. but statistically, it'll never happen and he's far more likely to shoot up a kindergarten class than he is to take anti-psychotics and work a 9-5 job.

It's painful to read about guys like Caro, it really is. And odds are, he is probably an extremely intelligent guy. But mental illness is such a loving nightmare that.. well.. he goes to Libya and Syria and fears that we're all CIA drones.

:(

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The Predator shot back...? :stare:

:stare:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

evil_bunnY posted:

They can fire Stingers. I don't know what block, but that particular exemplar thought the incoming missile was more interesting than the Foxbat it had locked on. Woops.

You have a source for that? How would that even work? I have never heard of a predator with AIM-9's.. but then again, my whole pred experience was in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Any idea which model AIM-9 it is? Does the guy in the trailer at nellis get a tone lock? I mean, space and time being what they are, and latency being what it is, and AIM-9 ranges being what they are.. I can't see stinger missile engagement ever working-- but I've been proven wrong a million times before so :shrug:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Vasudus posted:

Pictures.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxD-UN3oi04

owns

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Godholio posted:

Look at their covers. :allears:

HAT

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

iceslice posted:

Look at their blouses! Those weapon systems must be antiques!

:golfclap:

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Branis posted:

I'd argue that it's more reverant that way. He was patrioting so hard that he patrioted right out a window. Now thats love of god and country.

I couldn't agree more.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Cop pics are cool, right?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Stultus Maximus posted:

It flies! We swear, it really flies!

Pure coincidence that the angle and lighting on the plane are exactly the same as the static display picture!

Remember the internet like..15 years ago?

This poo poo would have been 100% legit looking 15 years ago. Front page drudge material, AOL newsstory, maybe even a OldManMurray or Seanbaby article!

Which is about the general lag for everything in that part of the world, so it makes sense.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
A little part of me wants to believe we're doing some kind of counter-counter-counter-psyop and generating the fake lovely propaganda.

But we're not that clever.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Veins McGee posted:

I don't know if its a real recruiting picture or not but it made me lol.

No poo poo those dudes are pretty drat awesome. Real talk.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Syrian rebels shot down one of the regime's Su-22s yesterday with a MANPADS, and most of the action was caught on video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXxAk6i1qLU

Judging by how many times the dude fires that launcher, I think it's safe to say that the rebels have achieved 80s music video-level weaponized editing technology.

I can't be the only one that notice that the missile didn't corkscrew...

Right? poo poo's too blurry to me to ID the specific system, but uh.. Unless all this weed I'm high on is making me stupid it looked like it proximity fused, and it did not corkscrew. Though I'm admittedly high and watching on a phone screen. That's the epitome of not a good thing.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Godholio posted:

Where are you even seeing a smoke trail from the missile? I see 18 launches, then camera work that shows nothing, then it cuts to a jet with an engine fire.

From my cellphone, which is not the best, it looked like like a 16/18 type launch (the -16/18 look different than a -7 launching, fairly different motors and ejection profiles) and it looked like a smooth smoke trail.. On my poo poo screen though, like I said. I thought the first hint of engine fire was a prox det, so that much I can see now was just an engine fire.

Prox det + no spiral + what I thought looked like good optics on the launcher (Again, lovely cell phone screen) made me think -24, for a bit. Which would be a pretty :stare: sorta thing. When I get on a computer I'll take a better look.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

pkells posted:

Today's item of the day at the Shaw AFB BX: Actual Nazi Memorabilia! Get your own Iron Eagle Swastika for only $295! Act now, because there's only 1 left!

I will western union the money to you to buy that for me real talk

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Jefferoo posted:

Show me your war face!

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Brown Moses posted:

This is what the internet has done to war

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-v0sT2FG3Y

Well

its official

i cant tell when im high and imagining things or if sometimes real life is just like being high

thanks brown moses, im gonna take the red pill in the future or something MATRIX REFERENCE

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

8lbsofanalsex posted:

SOF does include seals and rangers so it wouldn't be all that shocking.

that one SOF forum essentially exists as an early warning network for fake SOF douchery.. they watch out for that stuff like it was a recce mission

you know the one with the extensive rules list and unironic use of ranks and military lingo

the ones we don't call neurotic sperg babies because odds are high that 99% of them are probably former green berets

but the truth is, they're pretty neurotic sperg babies

and goddamn does the persecution complex in them run loving deep. so deep. so poo poo like this gets picked up and torn into by them p. often

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Veins McGee posted:

He can post again in 10.59 years.

did you do the math right on that

not doubting its just big numbers and i get kinda spacey with multiplication

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Veins McGee posted:

I used my rainmen-esque ability to do math to figure it out. I actually did it to 6 places after the decimal but I didn't want to make anyone think I was weird.

Doing a little recon in the 'box.

me at a local tea party rally

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Sorry if i sound like a dick but who is Raz?

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Casimir Radon posted:

It's a Shim story so it's hopefully bullshit, along with the rest of his stories.

Wasn't a shim story.

And words hurt, ya know.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

terrez posted:

And here we see two marines in their natural habitat feeding upon their local prey

those eyes

those are the eyes of a killer

someone gonna get raped

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

:3:

Very happy to see Brown Moses getting some props. He does an outstanding job at this!

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Brown Moses posted:

Well I was going to take a job that required me to quit the blog, then a guy offered me £5000 to keep blogging, so I'm going to do a Kickstarter off the back of that.

I know some folks in the OSINT business here in the states, have you looked at maybe working w/ that community? Your work is light years ahead of most OSINT, there is a great business opportunity in the work you've done as I see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

iyaayas01 posted:

(click through for huge)

This AF train have something to do with nukes?

• Locked thread