Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Mr. Samuel Shitley posted:

Where were they keeping their AK's, up their rear end?

Out at sea, salt air, no maintenance. Is it really surprising their AKs are rusted to hell?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Brown Moses posted:

I was just saying the same thing to someone on Twitter, they both seem to have a whiff of the DIY about them. I've been looking through Soviet/Russian arms catalogs and not been able to find a match for either of them so far.

If anyone is looking for videos from Syria I've been putting them into various Youtube playlists for a while, you all might find something interesting there.

I'm no bomb expert but if you told me to make a big-rear end aircraft bomb I'd probably make one that looks like that.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Holy poo poo, they make the hell our of some smoke. :stare:

Too bad they're useless in today's wars.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Gonna have something to hump next AT.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Brown Moses posted:

Here's we see some Syrian opposition fighters sneak up behind a tank, then send in a guy to drop a grenade into it. Slighty :nws: for obvious reasons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yck3EZeyOD0

This is why you support tanks with infantry. How many times are people going to have to learn that lesson the hard way? Though I think that tank was already disabled? It just sat there as the rebels shot at it for some reason.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Fat? Check.
Weapon? Check.
Picture in barracks room? Check.

Lower enlisted cruising for booty. :allears:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Chinatown posted:

Idiot civ here. Pretty sure I remember seeing videos/webpages that had crazy photos and accounts of gun markets in afghanistan and such where really old and random weapons show up. I wish I could find some.

You would trip over Mosins, Enfields, and old timey pistols at shops in Afghanistan.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
One of these towns is going to get an Aurora shooter style incident and everyone will be like "Thank god those army dudes were here! What, those were cops?". Before you know it every single small town will have SCARs, fancy armor, and those wicked badass NVGs from zero dark thirty .

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Frosted Flake posted:

Not all chemical agents are blistering agents, there are blood, choking and nerve agents that are much, much worse.

Being hit with nerve gas wouldn't leave burns, but it would kill you just as well (actually better)

Are blistering agents the easiest to make? I'm basing this off nothing but nerve agents sounds difficult to use and make.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I always wondered if the secret service has a lot of sway in the president's travel. I wonder how often he says gently caress you I'm going to this place.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

The one on the far right is clearly on plan K in life. She started out as a bright eyed art major, worked fast good, janitorial, trash, and now she's decided she need health care benefits.

Also canteen flashbacks but arghhh.

Furthermore, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Listen we've got our ACUs and been here two days. WE KNOW HOW THIS WORKS!

We didn't get yelled at off the bus either. Just some quiet DS got us to fill out paperwork, eat a Jimmy Dean, and get PTs.

Anyone here worked in a BCT company?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

genderstomper58 posted:

hahaha, yeah that sounds about how navy boot was too. pretty funny to think about now.

the only seniority i didnt want was wearing BCGs :(

They didn't let you pick glasses? I had perfectly normal ones.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

LEGIT WAR CRIMINAL posted:

The gently caress? No, only BCGs.

I was at Sill in 07 and had a choice of about 15 frames.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Enlisted hotel parties. :allears:

Fond memories of getting some idiot to agree to put the room on his card, then tearing it to pieces.

Also there's always at least one or two weirdos who just want to watch you gently caress girls. Or akwardly ask to join in.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

That hat. That sash. That uniform. Those silver horn accents. THAT BEARD!

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Well, that was fast. Not really sure what message the image creator was going for. Shoot the gays? Equality through violence? Who the gently caress knows, it's late and I'm tired.

Oh god Facebook is nuts today with variations of this.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Vasudus posted:

I'm the guy wearing green pajamas and shooting with his eyes closed from the hip.

Racist

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Solid Snake could throw it down the barrel. :colbert:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
That's no way to become the head of a major corporation.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
I doubt he will top a large company.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

iyaayas01 posted:

brb defecting to the Colombian jungle

Gonna get burned to death in a tire.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

McSpatula posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSjr24zl85o

Holy poo poo, this is really a thing.. please tell me they don't play this on AFN.

Ah yes IDF. Truly a grave threat on Bagram.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Holy poo poo!

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

TRANS PLT lol GBS platoon.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

What AWACS needs is chutes and tilting chairs, DR. Evil style. You can use them for ejection or if one of your subordinates fails you for the last time.

That ejection capsule from that movie where Harrison Ford is the president an Air Force One crashes.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Look at the size of that laptop. That dude needs some serious screen space and processing power to give you the ultimate experience on the pleasure throne.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Un has no idea what the gently caress he's even looking at.
"Yup this parachute is...well packed."

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Well. That was...exactly what I thought would happen. That video could be about 30 seconds shorter though.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

It's absolutely shocking how many people can't throw a drat grenade more than four feet.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Godholio posted:

In the video you can see it bounce off the sandbag wall, just below the top. I've never thrown a grenade, is it really that loving difficult?

No it's not. They aren't heavy and you just throw it like a baseball. People panic and over think it.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Captain Amerikkka posted:

That's funny because when I went to throw a grenade I said gently caress the counter-intuitive way I was taught to throw them and chucked that poo poo like a baseball. It got me tackled even though I threw it like 40 yards.

They told me to throw it like a baseball in basic. And I did. And it went far as gently caress because I totally could've gotten drafted out of highschool if my shoulder didn't suck AND IT'S TRUE I WONT HEAR OTHERWISE!

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
When I got to hang out in 35N AIT for six weeks because the PA guard is retarded I broke a privates glasses playing dodgeball. Still got it.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

This is dumb but I can see myself doing this.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

First thing I thought of!

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
What's in the video? My phone fucks up playing embedded youtube.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Best Friends posted:

A lot of people out there are sadists and monsters just waiting for permission, and war can offer that permission.

Or, just really petty dicks who will make people do extra firewatch. It's a spectrum.

Unrelated:

We should have kept this around because it looks cool. Did it work? Also what was the crazy polka dot ship camo? Dazzle?

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
USS Good Things are Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

mokhtar belmokhtar posted:

still better than politicians or city names

e: woops thought this was navy thread

We named battleships after landlocked states. We should've done what Britain did and just name them after really cool words.
INVINCIBLE! INDEFATIGABLE! AUDACIOUS!

edit: lol Ajax

• Locked thread