Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
Hi guys, I tried looking for a question like the one the last few pages but couldn't find any. My question is the following:

Any recommendation to study for the Oracle OCA and OCP certs? I work in Tech Support in Mexico, but I sometimes have to travel to other countries in Latin America, so a paid course in a classroom is very difficult for me.

I have a lab server with Oracle 11g under SuSE linux at work for testing that I can use to practice if needed and can access from the intranet. Are there any online courses or books that could help me pass the cert exam?

El Chingon fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012

MrKatharsis posted:

Which OCA exam? I passed the oracle database administration OCA (1Z0-052) with the help of the official book, the packt publishing book (which is good) and the legal, oracle sanctioned transcender practice exams.

I was planning on taking the 1Z0-061 and 1Z0-062, which involve 12c.

Taking these exams is expensive (at least here in Mexico), so I want to go as prepared as I can.

El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012

Baconroll posted:

I've done the 11g OCA and OCP - For the OCP I'd suggest use a virtualbox system and do endless try-it/break-it/fix-it for all of the recovery scenarios (manual and RMAN). With a virtualbox machine you can just use a snapshot to roll things back if you really manage to trash it.

For study guides I found Oracle Press books very good and the CBT Nuggets videos were also useful.

The Transcender Practise Exams were pitched at the right level seemed to match the style & difficulty of the actual exams - so from my perspective it was money well spent.

I searched for the books in the google play store and was overwhelmed by the amount of books available. There are some books like the Installation & Administration Exam Guide, but I don't know if this would be enough to pass that exam or if I need to read another book before this one.