Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Yes! Dangan Ronpa 2 LP is here at last! Hope it will be as fun as the last one. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I'll be honest, I thought that was a gun at first.

Speaking of, it's pretty obvious that at least a bit of Junko is swimming around in this classes' collective gene pool, but what about her sister? We didn't get to see much of Mukuro in the last game so it's hard to say which one is (partly?) her, assuming she's there at all.

I say it's the girl with the camera!

Why? She has freckles!

Well, that and she looks kinda plain. Mukuro, appearance-wise, looks kinda plain. She would have given me a "girl next door" vibe if it weren't for the fact that we got info on her related to SHSL Despair and her own SHSL title before we even saw her appearance in the game.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oh yes, yes, YES! This is the best music so far! (It's also my new favorite DR music!) :allears:

And wow Komaeda... That was not what I expected to hear from looks-like-Naegi's mouth.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

At last we're hearing Gundam speak. And he does not disappoint. :allears:

Souda reminds me of Leon in some ways, and of Hagakure in some other ways, but this expression kinda weirds me out:

Dat tongue. Those teeth. :stare:

He does seem like a pretty chill and (oddly) friendly guy though.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nekomaru Nidai is becoming one of my favorites, along with Souda, purely because of those lightning eyebrows.

orenronen posted:

And that art... That aura! If there's free-time events, I want to check his first! :allears:

And Kuzuryuu looks like a kid dressed up as a gangster in his official art.

Mahiru strikes me as more down-to-earth than most of the students so far. She doesn't even stand out much in her official art, which I found refreshing after Gundam's and Nidai's (as awesome as they are).

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

'Moron' or 'dumbass' (or maybe both?) should work fine, I think. 'Retard' makes for a somewhat... less than adequate translation in my opinion.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Rotate through a series of insults every time "boke" is used. Moron, dumbass, idiot, shithead, so on and sofourth.

Mind if I test that out?

In the following quote from orenronen's latest update, I've replaced 'retard' with random insults (which I've underlined for visibility):

orenronen posted:

...Hey, dumbass. You have any idea who I am? Guess not... since you’re still here.

Uh oh. Maybe I should just back away...

What's up with that face? You got a problem with me?!

...C...Calm down, Kuzuryuu-kun. We just came here to introduce ourselves.

...Aa? Introductions?

Don't you remember? This guy hasn't introduced himself yet.

Feh.
I'm Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu... But make no mistake. We will not be friends.

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu: Super High-school Level Gangster

Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu ( 九頭龍冬彦 ) is played by Daisuke Kishio, a veteran voice actor with many roles under his belt. Most of them are beautiful men.

His baby face is kinda cute, but he has a terrible attitude.

Kuzuryuu-kun is... the teenage successor of the Kuzuryuu family.
Wait... You don’t mean... that Kuzuryuu family...?!

Yep. Japan’s largest organized crime enterprise. 30,000 strong and growing.
I was hoping you’d heard of them. It saves us all a lot of... explaining.

So, yes. Kuzuryuu-kun is a "Super High-school Level Gangster".

A... A yakuza heir...? From the Kuzuryuu family...? A “Super High-school Level Gangster”...? That’s... that’s...

By the way, I heard "baby face" is a taboo word around him. Please be careful.
...You can never have too many fingers, you know.

And I... I was... I was about to...!

Komaeda... I owe you my life.

Ha ha... you're exaggerating. Probably.

Hey. You two. If you're done... get lost. Shitheads.

... Which, given that there were only two instances of 'retard' in the text, I can't quite see much... except that it does feel more natural in my opinion. I'd say it's an improvement, but eh. It's your LP (and translation) orenronen.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Chiaki Nanami is very focused, eh? At the same time, she seems... out there a little.

Peko Pekoyama is... well, she seems serious. Did not expect Sailor Moon to be her though when I first heard that Kotono Mitsuishi was one of the voice actors in this game.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Lynkericious posted:

Minus the cooking thing, you're probably right on. But I doubt his cooking is awful, it'd be weird if he was a SHSL Really lovely Cook. You'd think that they wouldn't invite someone to join the school for being a bad cook. Lest they were trying to weaponize it atleast.

I think slowbeef is trying to be sarcastic with the "Hanamura's cooking loving sucks" thing. Possibly the rest of the post as well.

Hanamura is a creep. Yet, I don't think he will actually do it if he did get the chance. But enough about him.

Sonia seems to give me stereotypical princess vibes, and she seems like naïve kind of princess, but who knows. After all, we're still not done with the introductions so far.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

HelloWinter posted:

Awesomeness!

That is... pretty neat! Such a cuddly Monobear! :3:

I too want a Monobear...

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

:stare:

Well that is certainly something.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

orenronen posted:

DR/Zero is just beginning, you know.

Eeek! :gonk:

All the same, I wonder how it's going to end. It's far too late for me to stop now.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Zest posted:

I thought the first death was Enoshima/Mukuro due to excessive perforation :confused:

Nope. Sayaka Maizono was the first death, and Enoshima/Mukuro's death happened during Chapter 1's investigation.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Keep tripping those death flags Togami. At least, you grew a heart in the meantime.

SHSL Coach is ridiculously awesome!

Also, that bomb... :stare:

And Souda freaking out reminds me of Sayaka.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Togami and Nidai! I just have to see their events!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

The tally after orenronen's post:

Gundam Tanaka: 125
Byakuya Togami: 116
Sonia Nevermind: 91
Nagito Komaeda: 44
Nekomaru Nidai: 37
Kazuichi Souda: 32
Chiaki Nanami: 27
Peko Pekoyama: 18
Ibuki Mioda: 17
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu: 15
Teruteru Hanamura: 12
Hiyoko Saionji: 10
Akane Owari: 8
Mahiru Koizumi: 4
Mikan Tsumiki: 3

So Gundam and Togami it is then.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

At last, a murder has happened. Let the game begin!

Ok, so after the blackout:

Togami... is our first victim (and we all knew how many death flags he set), found under a big table in the main hall. A knife and what looks to be night vision goggles lie next to his body.

Hinata, Mahiru, Komaeda, Nevermind, Gundam, Nidai, Mika, Ibuki, Hiyori (that's her name, yes?) and Souda were in the main hall when the lights came on again.

Hanamura didn't appear with the others after the blackout, at least until Hinata returned to the main hall. He was probably in the kitchen or something, or I neglected to look properly.

Someone has been using the toilet for a long time.

Nanami was outside, probably talking with Monomi, Pekoyama (who was supposed to stand guard at the office) and Kuzuryuu's whereabouts are unknown, and Monobear did not appear at any point.

That should be all.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Dinosaur Jerk posted:

hello! i have been following these let us play's' of the visual novel series games with great "mucho" gusto! but today i am wandering .? are there any hentay of the dengan ronpa characters available on the site "gelbooru" ? i am wonderinf for a project. haha, please do not inquire as to what the projec is :D :D :D it is a private matter, a personal affair

:stare:

Jeez, and I thought I was bad...

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Adelheid posted:

Just check the post history, it's a FYAD poster trolling.

Should have realized.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

orenronen posted:

Honestly, I have no clue where people are coming up with that stuff. How in hell are Leon and Hanamura alike?

Agreed on this. Hanamura doesn't fit anyone from Dangan Ronpa at all, in my opinion.

orenronen posted:

Honestly, if any of the new cast is similar to Leon, at least with their general attitude and mannerism, it's probably Souda.

Out of all the SDR2 cast, Souda reminds me the most of Leon. Here's hoping he'll live longer than him, because Leon was my favorite Dangan Ronpa character, and his execution at the end of Chapter 1 made me really sad. :smith:

tiistai posted:

Sketching random stuff. This one is relevant here and it didn't turn out terrible, so yeah.

Ooh, I like this! Really good.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oh my goodness: Nidai vs. Akane, some background story on Kuzuryuu, Souda clearly being up to something regarding Komaeda, Monobear with a machine-gun... this update had it all. :allears:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

I find it rather interesting that the closest thing this game has to DR1's Togami just initiated a Panic Talk Attack sequence. :allears:

And holy hell, that reveal...

And I believe I echo some posters here if I say that I find that Kuzuryuu defending Pekoyama, after she got outed as the culprit, pretty strange (unless they know each other).

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Thinking on the trial for a bit, I'd say that, aside from the meta reason of the game ending too soon, Peko being voted as a tool wouldn't work. Mainly because of Monobear's body discovery message.

When it went off, there were three people who saw the body after it was dead. Assuming that they were to treat Kuzuryuu as the killer and Peko as a "tool", wouldn't that render her a non-person and not a witness?

I think the idea here is that by claiming to be a "tool", Pekoyama's claim is that she's merely Kuzuryuu's accomplice, thus she claims no responsibility for the murder. That means that Kuzuryuu is ultimately the one responsible. As she'd merely be an accomplice, someone used by Kuzuryuu, she could fullfill the requirement of just being a witness that way.

That said, the 3rd case of the first game kind of implies that this wouldn't have worked out anyway. But then again, Monobear has been shown to be very flexible with rule interpreting.

Clarste posted:

Nanami's a challenge gamer. She plays to win, efficiently and quickly. In the end, whether she's doing this consciously or not, she's thinking of the trials as a game, and tries to win them. Gaming is about more than just reflexes and knowing weird genre-specific cliches, it's about quickly adapting to innovative rulesets and trying to exploit or break them. It's about always trying to get the best result out of what you're given. There's no time to think about unfairness or to bemoan your fate, you just have to overcome the rules and win.

That would imply an inhumane way of thinking, one that I'm not comfortable with as a whole, given what I've seen of her.

But Namami's not on my list of people that I don't want to see die: That would be Souda and Nidai.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Clarste posted:

Inhumane? Clearly you haven't played enough video games. Getting anything but the best happy-happy perfect ending is a failure condition. No gamer is going to be satisfied with a victory that doesn't save all the villagers. 100% completion, man. Togami from the first game claimed to think of the murder thing as a game, but he was thinking of it as a contest. Every modern gamer knows that cooperation is usually the much better choice. Heck, Game Theory.

I still think it's an inhumane way of thinking, as such thoughts can be easily twisted into darker things.

But that's all I'm gonna say about that.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Fukawa's split personality is what has SHSL Murderer though. I'm not sure if Naegi counts, but Junko and Mukuro certainly counts as having two titles in my opinion. I certainly do think its possible for a person to have two SHSL titles, as I don't think there's anything forbidding that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

I wonder if the baseball player Nidai mentioned was Leon. But then again, Leon skipped practice, so maybe not.

It would be wonderful if it turned out that Nidai did train Leon at some point though. :allears: My favorite (for now) DR guys, hanging out together.

• Locked thread