Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SchrodingersFish
Mar 9, 2012

orenronen posted:

Official Art

Hajime Hinata: Super High-school Level ???

My first thought when seeing our protagonist was that HE looked extremely similar to Naegi, Nagito has some blatant similarities too (especially revealed in the last update), but the first thing that really stood out to me was Hinata's hair spike. It looks exactly like Naegi's and his eyes are the same color as Naegi's (although it seems like many of the DR2 characters have this eye color), and his hair color is very similar to Naegi's (I think Naegi's is a bit more reddish and lighter though).

ApplesandOranges posted:

Now that I think of it, Hinata does look like he could be the headmaster's son - similiar hairstyle and a clothing that wouldn't look out of place next to him.

His hair isn't exactly the same, so it's probably just a crapshoot theory, but I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened.

Could Hinata be the son of Kirigiri and Naegi? A test tube baby? He doesn't look like Kyoko Kirigiri, but maybe he has some traits from her father's side?

I'm starting to like the "genetic breeding program" theories that are in here. I know it seems a bit "out there", but many of these cast members have blatant similarities to the DR1 class. All throughout DR1 I held on to the secret (but ultimately untrue) theory that the students were all in a spaceship and this whole "you're the hope for mankind!!" thing meant that Earth had sent their best genetic specimens off to the "safety" of space/another planet to breed and replenish the species. Maybe I was just picking up undertones of the real shocker- a secret genetic breeding program at Hope's Peak? Bring all of the best and brightest together, steal their genetic material, produce the Ultimate Super High-School Level Student???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SchrodingersFish
Mar 9, 2012

Dr. Notadoctor posted:

So has anyone else noticed that Hinata and Nagito have the same facial structure? Or that Hinata has the same bent-horn-looking thing in his hair that Naegi had in the first game? I'm almost getting a Fight Club-ish vibe from Hinata and Nagito, and it's not like DID (or twins for that matter) would be a first for the series. Have any other characters directly referred to Nagito and specifically Nagito?

Yeah, I pointed out the horn thing a few pages ago but no one responded, the thread moves fast :) Hinata is clearly a different person than Naegi, but this seemed like such a blatant similarity and was the first thing that struck me about him.

Back when I made the post I was trying to find some similarity between Naegi's hood design and Hinata's tie design but couldn't find anything. Someone else in thread edited Hinata's design to look like a skull, but I thought it looked quite like a gas mas- that's what Naegi's design was! I'll try to find the image.

In my other post I mentioned my suspicions about genetic similarities between the DR1 and DR2 characters (secret Super High School level breeding/test tube baby program??? all of this DR0 "research on Super High School Level stuff makes it seem more plausible...) but really we have almost zero info about the DR2 characters and it's silly to speculate wildly about things like this. I think at this point all we can say is that the developers are loving with us.

EDIT: here is the mirrored Hinata tie design:

dog days are over posted:

If you mirror it (and use a bit of imagination) it looks like a skull, doesn't it?

SchrodingersFish
Mar 9, 2012

Apathetic Panda posted:

I may be in the minority but I'm hoping Usami is completely innocent of wrong doing and is just a cute bunny who wanted to take them on vacation till Monobear comes in and messes that all up. Poor Usami. :(

After the last update I feel the same way! I felt so bad when they all threw her gifts on the ground like garbage, she looked so sad! :( Then she gave them swimsuits and they all just took off without a word of thanks. Poor little bunny.

I'm sure this also means that she'll turn out to be horribly evil and I'll be eating my words in a few updates.

SchrodingersFish
Mar 9, 2012
I think E-ko is supposed to be Mahiru. Everyone keeps saying E-ko has to be Satou because E-ko was killed in the game which means E-ko can't be on the island, but I don't think that's true.

D-ko accuses E-ko of killing the first victim because she was better than E-ko in Photography club and E-ko was jealous. I think the video game was supposed to be a motive for Kuzuryuu to kill Mahiru (E-ko) in revenge for Mahiru (E-ko) killing his sister (the first victim). E-ko is killed exactly the same way that Mahiru was if I remember correctly (baseball bat to the head), so I think her murder is a copycat of the event in the game which was meant to inspire the murderer.

I don't think that Kuzuryuu did kill Mahiru though... he just doesn't seem like the type and it seems way too obvious, although I could be totally wrong. I don't have an answer who it could be though, perhaps it's however Satou is supposed to be. I'm guessing Satou is an alias and someone here is using a fake name.

SchrodingersFish
Mar 9, 2012
I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet (I may have missed it though, sorry!), but I thought Kuzuryuu was acting kind of weird about some of the calls. First of all, he cuts Monomi off right when it seems like she's about to say too much about the island and implications of the virus. Then, he shoos us off to go check on the sick people and offers to take the final call before the murders are discovered himself. How do we know he really made that call? Seems suspicious that the night before the murders are discovered, we aren't able to view the music room and confirm that Souda visits there to call us. Here are the quotes in question:

orenronen posted:

That despair fever is one scawy disease... If we’re not vewy cautious, the entire island could...!
So... until we figure out how to deal with it, I'm going to stay wight here and...

* click *

Before I could react, Kuzuryuu pushed the button and hung up the call.

That loving rabbit! I wanna loving kill her!!

Argh!! I'm... gonna head outside for a bit. I need to cool off...

Kuzuryuu stomped out of the hospital.

I ended up spending the day pacing around the lobby.
Kuzuryuu just kept on going in and out of the hospital.

And here is where Kuzuryuu shoos us off to check on Komoeda, then later tells us about the call after we're done:

orenronen posted:

It's time for our call...

Before we go, we should check on Komaeda one more time...
You go do that, then. I'll handle the call over here.

It’s not like we have anything to report... It’ll be done pretty quick.
Yeah... I guess.

So, how did things go over here? Is the call finished already?
Yeah. No one had anything to report, so we got it done in no time.

SchrodingersFish fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Feb 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SchrodingersFish
Mar 9, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah, the drumstick was probably snapped beforehand and left on the floor to disguise the glue that was actually keeping the door shut, while giving alibis to people who were definitely outside the club to witness the door being broken down. Kuzuryuu is being awfully helpful at noticing the red herring clues, too. Maybe his reformation post-trial was all an act? :tinfoil:

I keep going back and forth between suspecting him and thinking he's just hopelessly unlucky/naive by finding all of the red herring clues. I mean, in this past update, he's the one who insists that Ibuki is the one killed first and he's the one who explains the drumstick clue and says that must make it impossible for one of the people breaking down the door to be the culprit (conveniently, he's one of the ones who help break down the door). Combined with the stuff I quoted right before the update- the fact that he shoos us off during the last call before the murder so we can't see the music room and confirm Souda's there with no bodies, it just seems really suspicious. He also has motive- being angry at Saonji after her taunting and accusations.

But then again, there's nothing really damning and all of this can be explained away by coincidence and reasonable doubt.

I'm still confused about the green stuff. What substance hardens up when it gets warm (in as little as 10 min)? All I can think of are things that melt when heated, which seems to be the opposite of what happened here (if the heat and the substance are related). Did Hinata comment on the heat the first time he was in the music club this morning? I can't remember. If not, then I suppose the killer could have slipped in, turned up the heat, which then caused the doors to be glued together when he came back the second time? If so, then it seems like the killer would need to have applied the substance after Hinata left but before he came back.

• Locked thread