Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

This app looks great but it doesn't have the Twin Cities on it, so gently caress this app.

came here to post this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
All the codes are taken.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

The Catalyst posted:

Which code were you looking for? I might have some extra Charlie Brown codes if that's the app you wanted.

Yeah it was, and afterwards I tried pocket booth and sonic and all those were taken too. I have PM's if you're feeling generous.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Interstitial Abs posted:

So is iMovie the app I want for low effort vid making and futzing around, or is there something better out there?

Is Game Your Video still free?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Feenix posted:

I downloaded 1 Second Everyday and it hung for AGES "loading my photos" or whatever. Eventually I killed the app (it'd been 15 minutes and I do NOT have much photo roll content, let alone videos.)

Anyhoo, in restarting the app it claims I have no video content on ANY day (and I do).

Any way to make it rescan my photo roll?

Edit
(deleted app and am re-installing. Hoping that helps...)

Edit2
That worked!

I thought about buying this app but then read the reviews which were all talking about stuff like this. Glad I dodged that bullet.

e: welp, whaddya know.

e2: VVV Congratulations!

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 12, 2013

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Took XR64ETH736XA, thanks.

e: Whoa, dude, you really need to add some Coen Bros. stuff in here, especially for Fargo's sake.

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 17, 2013

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

hedgecore posted:

Noted about Coen / Fargo. I'll add it to my list to research! ;)

Awesome. Yeah, whenever I'm driving on 394 in Minneapolis, I always smile when I see those freeway signs for Xenia Avenue that were in the background of the scene outside the restaurant where Jerry Lundegaard is explaining how his wife got "kidnapped."

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
There's this app called AppGratis that features paid apps that are dropped in price to free "for 24 hours"; I just got Angry Birds Rio for free on its list of previous deals, which usually are still free for a while after.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

TheJoker138 posted:

Didn't it get pulled?

Yeah, it did. I find AppGratis a little less convoluted. I got AppShopper before it was pulled and my search criteria when browsing was basically what AppGratis does anyway. It's a good app and it's free, just try it out.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
No, just free, because I'm a cheapass, so it suits me perfectly. The only app I've ever bought is Sleep Cycle.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Question Mark Mound posted:

Anyway, Vine looks neat, but it's missing some really obvious stuff that would've made it awesome, like front-facing camera options or the ability to record in chunks throughout the day. Or, worst of all, being able to save a video for later uploading if you don't currently have internet access.

Regarding recording in chunks, can't you just press the home button and come back to it later? I agree with everything else though.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

obi_ant posted:

Has anyone played with the Sleep Cycle app? I don't really trust the reviews in the store.

I love it. It's one of the only apps I've actually paid money for.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
So will Mailbox be good for someone who doesn't use labels at all?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Aw, and it only does gmail? That sucks.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Feenix posted:

I will say this about Apple's native maps app, short of the podcast app, it's probably the worst performing app on my iPhone.

There are times when it just locks up for handfuls of seconds at a time. And scrolling around isn't smooth, but instead nonreactive, and after a few seconds it catches up.

And this is where Data is fast and in abundance.

Maybe it's the provider. Do you have AT&T? This happens to me from time to time too. Plenty of LTE to go around where I live too.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

bazaar apparatus posted:

I'm late on this, but I'm a fan of Articles. The universal version is $5, but if you just want the iPhone version, it's only $3. It's been my favorite Wiki app for years and well worth the measly few bucks.

Just bought this awesome, awesome app. Hopefully I never get an iPad because I got the iPhone only version.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Maybe you guys would like http://theoldreader.com/

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
The "people behind you" counter is ticking a lot faster now because of this I think.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Finally got mailbox. As a messy no-lists gmail user, it's working out perfectly for me. In fact I may even get more organized with the lists feature it has.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Still no Fargo! :mad:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
It's highly recommended by goons everywhere.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
This Forecast thing is blowing my mind.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I like wunderground for radar, but their highs and lows are usually off by 5 degrees where I am. Also their popups showing county by county snow/rainfall is an ugly block of text they get directly from the NWS.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Just get Solar weather. It is free for today and it is both pretty and uses wunderground :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/solar-weather/id542875991?mt=8

Wow. Simply amazing. The hour-by-hour scroll down function is amazing, and seeing that today I have a "chance of rain" followed by "rain" it was even more amazing to watch.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Took the top one.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I can't wait to see what a thunderstorm looks like in Solar. Or a twister for that matter.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Why can't I use dictation on the Facebook message app? The button for it is grayed out. I've googled this a bunch of times to make sure it's not some setting that I have turned off or something, but I couldn't really find any answers.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Feenix posted:

Anyone else actively using Mailbox?

I am finding more and more that I will NOT be notified I have an email unless I open the app and look. What the poo poo is that all about?

Notification settings are accurate. It USED to tell me.

Anyone else?

I think it's just overall iffy. It still works fine for me. I have a special tone for when I get an email in my default mail app, so when I hear it, I just open Mailbox and pull down to refresh. I don't have to do this that often though.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Looks like pop spotter finally got their Fargo on :D

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Nut Bunnies posted:

I thought the original looked much better

Me too. Is the new bland one really what the feedback wanted?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Mailbox finally got portrait support for iPhone. Now it gets that fifth star from me.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Wasn't someone looking for a business card organizer? App Gratis just put this on sale.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
WhatsApp is free today. Does anyone use this? Has it completely changed the way you use your phone?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I think you might mean "burned in" or something like that. They'd be like open captions, which, as opposed to closed captions, cannot be turned off.

source: I work at a captioning company

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Ha, no, but our dress code at the office is very lax in that there is none. During the winter one guy wore the same pair of red sweatpants five days in a row.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
We actually just hired, like, five new full-time captioners, sorry :( Also Minnesota winters are not for the faint of heart.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I wouldn't put it past him. He's a really nice guy though! :shobon:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I thought about getting that app but thought I'd just wait it out for iOS 7 since it's supposed to have airdrop as well.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

AirDrop only works between same OS devices right now: iOS to iOS or OS X to OS X. I'm not sure if that's going to change with Mavericks.

So my iPhone still won't be able to airdrop with my MacBook come iOS 7? Guess I'll give the app a try if I'm understanding that correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Can someone tell me why desk connect doesn't use Bluetooth? The whole reason I wanted it was because I don't have home Internet. Ri-dick-il-us.

• Locked thread