Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Haha, the 999 music with the flowchart was a great choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Black out the screen and give verbal instructions on what to do.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Metal Storm looks really cool; I'll have to give it a shot.

I like the look of it, especially compared to most NES sci-fi games (like Street Fighter 2010). Clean and colourful.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

frozentreasure posted:

I bought N+ ages ago, but I could never get onboard with it that much, mainly due to not being able to see the entire screen at once. It always seemed like a crucial element that could (and did) easily screw one over.

The thing that gets me about N(+) is the physics. It's so weird and floaty. Too much momentum for a precision platformer.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

The idea of the different costumes seems really cool. Too bad you just keep going through the same 3 areas over and over again and there isn't many chances to see the strengths and weaknesses of the different suits.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Meaty Ore posted:

I just tried firing up my copy of CVIII about half an hour ago, and the graphics still seemed to be glitched. However, the oddest drat thing happened. Normally on a US NES you insert the cartridge, press down on the caddy and turn on the NES to play. On a whim, I pressed on the caddy again while playing (moving it into the "up" position, where games should not be playable), and the graphical glitches cleared right up, allowing me to play this game normally for the first time. What the hell?

Leave the caddy up. While the NES is flashing on and off, wiggle the cartridge around until the title screen shows up clearly. Then just press reset and it should work perfectly. Works for most (if not all) games.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

This game takes "absurd" to a whole new level. I love it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

KingEffingFrost posted:

Pictured: Death being wrong.

drat, that was a nice fight at the end. I have so much trouble with Death.

• Locked thread