Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Do those spikes that fall down in the first part hurt you, or instakill you? If they're instadeath, that seems to be exactly one of those "Get killed by it once, before you know that it's there and can avoid it" traps that everyone hates so much. Every spike after the first drops down a little beforehand, so you know where it's going to fall, but that first one has no warning until it's falling, and it falls pretty fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

It looks like they do. You can kind of see how 4 splits, and one half joins up with 7, how 11 has that pit which drops you way back down a few levels, etc. I think the only one that doesn't really fit is how dying twice in level 5 takes you to level 11.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

SmockJoc posted:

For Megaman Dongs, could someone list out the references for where the bosses come from?

No.

:iceburn:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

You say "Appropriated", I say "Improved upon."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

When you were fighting the Ayako, why did you shoot everything except the turrets on the plane? Can you not destroy them? It seems like they might be responsible for the 75% ranking, maybe?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Oh, I see. So what actually happens when you hit 0 energy? I assumed you would crash, or lose a life, but you seemed to be just fine. Do you have to take one more hit on top of that to die?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

It looks like a stable time loop. When he activates the time distortion in level 8, he's not only going back in time, he's sending that big-rear end ship back in time, so it can be destroyed. Technically, the game ends after level 2. But VicA has to complete levels 3-8 to complete the loop, and prevent a temporal paradox, at which point he becomes VicB.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Contra Hard Corps is one of the games I grew up with, being a Genesis kid instead of a Nintendo one. I loved that game so goddamn much, my cousin and I would play ourselves stupid with it. Kind of sad nobody is showing off the robot, because he's my absolute favorite character. The secret ending is hilarious if you play the robot.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Slowbeef, we need you to do the robot playthrough of Hard Corps! You're the only one we can count on!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Slowbeef! Yes! Brownie is the best character in that game, I will brook no dissent.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I would love to see a Minus Infinity race in the race thread.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Yeah, I think this is the link you wanted.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Oh god, that looks incredible.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

So, how much do you gain over the various levels? Do you get new abilities, or anything that would make you better able to take on the final boss? Or is the character you take into the last level basically the same character at the start of the game, just maybe with a few more lives/diamonds?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Just to be clear, this level you're all talking about is the next level? Not one we've seen before?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

All the ones I can find are the same size, but this one's got a bit more detail.

It's actually from a T-shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I can't believe I've never heard of Pid before, it looks like a really, really good game! Thanks for showing it off, frozentreasure. It kind of seems like you're in the endgame for now, after the big reveal. How many levels are left?

• Locked thread