Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
Oh Revenge of Shinobi. As a kid I managed to bash my way through by hoarding ninjitsu and cheesing the bosses with them. Never could beat the final boss though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

After Sonic the Hedgehog, Kid Chameleon was the game I played the most as a kid. I never could beat it, but drat if I didn't love the hell out of it all the same. To this day I still think it has some of the best music ever put out on the Genesis.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

Venom's swagger is great. He just strolls down the street like he doesn't give a gently caress.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

Wait, but in the commercial the dude was a barbarian but in the game he's a knight? What devilry is this?

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

Man these stages are way shorter than I remember them being.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

That final boss was...weird.

"Here, fight smaller versions of the game's four bosses! Now they combine into a crescent-moon-wizard-head! Ready to fight him? Well, he's just gonna die. You win!"

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

Allmightybob posted:

This is the part of the game where the bullshit really starts to take off. If you don't know exactly where you're going, you're going to wind up wandering around for hours, literally. What makes matters worse is that there's no continue feature and no passwords. So once you run out of lives, that's it. Game over.

And while we're on ridiculous stuff, who put a waterfall right in the middle of town?

Part 2

I want to be Tracksuit Wizard for Halloween.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

Back to Venom.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

Ben Kasack posted:

Wait, so are you saying there are 4 different parts all broken up into 25 level segments? And forgive me if I'm wrong but there's no way to continue from a later level is there? If not, how the gently caress is a kid suppose to beat this game without breaking it over his knee? Start to finish, it would take several HOURS to beat, and that's assuming the kid is any good. I'm sure you've had to practice some of these levels just to show off a level without dying over and over or bumbling around looking for items or warps.

This game man. It's just insane.

Kid Chameleon was quite an ambitious game at the time, but it really suffered from not having so much as a password system. Though given the multitude of different paths you can take through the game it's hard to say how feasible passwords would be.

Still loved it as a kid but, yeah, it could be frustrating at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I'm still trying to figure out why they shoved him out of the ambulance. Was it an honest mistake, or did they just go "Well, you're fine. On your way! Best of luck! Watch out for those crazy motorcyclists!"

• Locked thread