Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

The video was working just fine for me, everything looks and sounds good. Plus, I enjoyed watching your last bit on Startropics, so I'm up for watching the sequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

SpookyTurtle posted:

So Sherlock Holmes resolved to thwart Zoda-X's heist at the museum, but had no problem with Mike Jones, Time-Traveling Teen, taking the same Tetrad. Welp!

Don't worry, using his superhuman mental calculations, he realized that Mike required the piece for plot reasons and so was obliged to let him have it. Really, being Sherlock means being functionally omniscient when the story calls for it.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

It was suggested, and Ragny said he'd be willing to do one so long as everyone involved had at least played the hack before.

This is not a good game to play blind.

On top of that, it's freaking long. The TAS alone is 40 minutes. Then again, we had a race of Link to the Past and this surely (SURELY) cannot be as bad as that as far as length is concerned, so eh. Moot point, I suppose.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

dis astranagant posted:

So, would you guys like to see 15 minutes of horrible dolphin related fatalities or should I bundle the 67 second successful run in with the next few levels?

Eh, how about keep a few exemplary deaths and have it as its own video?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

That mother gets more done in fifteen minutes than most actions heroes do in two hours.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

So out of curiosity, was the entire book this bad? Or just a few scenes? And if most of it was that bad, is it at least enjoyably bad for the most part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Wanamingo posted:

I guess, but that one comment you made at about 20 or so minutes in disparaging her for having a boot fetish was what got to me. Come on man, there's nothing wrong with that.

Though I will admit, you referring to Jill as a sadist while mispronouncing the term did kinda set me off. It sort of demonstrated that you're really not too clear on what you're talking about when it comes to BDSM stuff.

Yes, but familiarity with the terminology or not, it does manage to explore the matter. And as I recall in Super Meatboy, the achievement for getting Jill is called The Bootlicker. The matter is that the boot licking is chosen to be shown simply because it has no appeal or make any sense to the typical viewer in a game that ultimately serves as an introductory demonstration to the appeals of BDSM.

The whole "Why are you doing this?" and "Isn't it painful?" are natural questions to bring up. Seriously, you're looking way too much into what is just an honest exploration of a game's message and that's coming from a guy who just shot off a paragraph of analysis.

• Locked thread