Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

The Machine posted:

Private Game Servers thread?

I'm sorry I don't get the reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

AmazonTony posted:

Make a new thread under the Private Games Servers subforum (it is a subforum of the Games subforum).

I'm not a mod though, but it's one idea?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

The Machine posted:

Make a new thread under the Private Games Servers subforum (it is a subforum of the Games subforum).

I'm not a mod though, but it's one idea?

Oh got it, is that one more locked down to lurkers?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

AmazonTony posted:

Usually people make threads in the Private Game Servers forum for stuff like this because only registered members can view it.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

AmazonTony posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=93

It is an actual place on the forums. (I want a code!)

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

AmazonTony posted:

Also, my dog is adorable and we're giving away games this week:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152342678695261&set=a.10151362562415261.817101.137830960260&type=1&theater

He's on the right, his name is Paddington.

I'll take a copy of The Last Story. Thanks, AmazonTony! :3:

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".

AmazonTony posted:

I've got 50 more SC2 HOTS beta keys to give out. Since it looks like lurkers snagged the last batch.

Any suggestions on how to get you all these codes? PM? Smoke Signal? I can post my cell phone number so you can all call me and I can read you each code character by character?

Let me know!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152342678695261&set=a.10151362562415261.817101.137830960260&type=1&theater

Feel free to pm me!

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

xenilk posted:

Feel free to pm me!

Just PMed AxeManiac to see if posting in the private forums is good to go.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Aaaaand the thread goes silent while everyone F5's private servers forum..

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
I'm F5ing so hard I think I broke something, and also I have to be up early so this is going to ruin Christmas for everyone. :(

This is why we can't have nice things, Tony!!!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Sorry if I missed it, but is Xcom gonna go on sale?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Was going to get in on this but apparently it's only available to US customers, which doesn't make sense to me because I just want the Steam keys.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I don't play starcraft so I don't even know what these keys are... presumably I need to own the base game to make any use of it, yes?

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Kharmakazy posted:

I don't play starcraft so I don't even know what these keys are... presumably I need to own the base game to make any use of it, yes?
I don't think so, no. Normally you would, but it's for the beta.

edit: confirmed, you don't need the base game for the beta - http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7157306

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Kharmakazy posted:

I don't think you need the first Star Craft II (Wings of Liberty) in order to play in the Beta.

Want me to give you a key so you can check?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004

AmazonTony posted:

I take PMs and SMS and you can mail it to my house on the Xmas card I know absolutely that I am receiving from you

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

AmazonTony posted:

I don't think you need the first Star Craft II (Wings of Liberty) in order to play in the Beta.

That would be grand. I don't have PMs, I guess you could shoot me an email at my username.gmail...

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

AmazonTony posted:

I've got 50 more SC2 HOTS beta keys to give out. Since it looks like lurkers snagged the last batch.

Any suggestions on how to get you all these codes? PM? Smoke Signal? I can post my cell phone number so you can all call me and I can read you each code character by character?

Let me know!

Your dog is rad as heck, and the best way to go is probably a PGS thread as others have mentioned.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Yeah none of Blizzard's previous betas required the base game.

However I am willing to test if these keys work while having WoL installed. You know, for... science.

Disargeria fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 19, 2012

photo kiosk of life
Aug 31, 2004

Not the best role model.

AmazonTony posted:

Let me know!

If you don't end up making a thread in PGS I'd like a key :shobon:

Xenoborg
Mar 10, 2007

AmazonTony posted:

I don't have Wings of Liberty and would be happy to check if its required! (PM able)

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Heart of the Swarm is pretty rad so far, Blizzard is doing some nifty things.

They're also doing some dumb things but I try not to think about that.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I just realized I PMed 5 people keys without checking if they'd purchased PMs...god I'm a moron.

I heard back from two of you. If the others see this, could you respond and let me know.

I haven't heard back from AxeManiac either. Since not everyone here has PMs the first 45 people to email me at tonyvalcarcel@yahoo.com will get SC2 beta keys (thanks for the idea epistasis)

xenilk
Apr 17, 2004

ERRYDAY I BE SPLIT-TONING! Honestly, its the only skill I got other than shooting the back of women and calling it "Editorial".

AmazonTony posted:

I just realized I PMed 5 people keys without checking if they'd purchased PMs...god I'm a moron.

I heard back from two of you. If the others see this, could you respond and let me know.

I haven't heard back from AxeManiac either. Since not everyone here has PMs the first 45 people to email me at tonyvalcarcel@yahoo.com will get SC2 beta keys.

You will get a message if the user doesn't have PM Privileges :) Thank you for the key!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

AmazonTony posted:

I haven't heard back from AxeManiac either. Since not everyone here has PMs the first 45 people to email me at tonyvalcarcel@yahoo.com will get SC2 beta keys.

It won't let you send a PM to someone who can't receive it.
Quit worrying so much, you're the kind of marketing that we like around here.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Grabbed one, thanks!

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

AmazonTony posted:

I haven't heard back from AxeManiac either. Since not everyone here has PMs the first 45 people to email me at tonyvalcarcel@yahoo.com will get SC2 beta keys (thanks for the idea epistasis)

Emailed ya!

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

Got a key, really appreciate it

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Thanks for the key Tony, I appreciate it!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Thanks for the key!

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010
Awesome! Thanks Tony, you're the best!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

AmazonTony posted:

I emailed you, thanks in advance!

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

FYI almost out.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Got a key, thanks so much!

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Thanks for the key! :)

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

Thanks Tony!

Sandwich Miter
Dec 24, 2006

Monte Cristo Deluxe
Thanks!

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Emailed since I don't have PMs, thanks for giving these out!

MixMasterMalaria fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 19, 2012

Pakelika
May 13, 2005

Work It! Thats Right! Awwww Yeah!
Got my key, thank you very much Tony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Much appreciated!

• Locked thread