Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!

Kafka Esq. posted:

I'm going to use my TV to stream from a pc or Netflix, play games on a regular ps4, but I don't really have any uhd content for it. Don't have a 4k player, so it would be Netflix for Dolby vision only. And I'm in Canada so the tcl doesn't sell up here.

I've been looking at the m55-e0 from vizio fit about 950, but can't decide if I need that much TV. Would I be better off buying the E series or something else?

I am also in Canada and looking for a 55" 4K TV.. But I need a tuner so the Vizio isn't an option. Can anyone suggest an alternative?

Mostly I watch OTA TV, game on my PS3/One and do the usual plex thing, so I guess I need the TV to do a little bit of everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!

bull3964 posted:

Don't let a $30 ATSC tuner from Amazon stand in the way of getting the best TV for the job.

I did not know that was a thing, and I will take that into consideration.

The review for the M55-E0 says it doesn't deal with reflections well and suffers from a poor viewing angle, both of which apply to my situation (the TV is right across from a large window which the seating is set against). Can anyone speak to real life use of this set in a well lit room?

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!

Speleothing posted:

Why bother with OLED unless your dad really cares about black levels?

It's entirely possible he wants an IPS panel, its hard to choose for someone unless you know their use case(s).