Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I have an LG CX coming tomorrow but the PS5 is still MIA. Do the onboard apps (netflix, hulu, amazon streaming) support 4K HDR streaming (I'll be hardwired to ethernet)? Or do I need to buy a roku or something until the PS5 is available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I'm upgrading from an 8 year old TV. I can't remember what happened first - if the onboard app stopped opening because the app lost support, or if I lost the tv remote.

Side note... I hope that 8 years from now I'm equally amazed at the leap in quality

For reference, at CES 8 years ago a 4K OLED wasn't even being priced because it was still in the design phase, the first 1080p OLED was released for $12,000, and an 85 inch 4K Samsung was $20,000. Now it's on sale at Costco for under $2,000

Dignity Van Houten fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 3, 2021