Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mune
Sep 23, 2006

Ouhei posted:

I currently have a 40" Insignia 720p plasma (which I'm 95% sure is a rebranded Samsung panel) and I'm looking to upgrade in the fall, I want to move up to 1080p and I'd like to get a Panasonic so utilize VIERA link on the sound system I picked up late last year. I was looking at this: http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-50AS530U

Which seems like a pretty good deal, not high end for sure but 120hz rate, 1080p and LED?

I'll be using it for mostly Hulu/Netflix and PS4 gaming.

I'm also interested in this - I'm looking to get a great 60" TV that will mostly be used for Netflix and PS4 gaming and looking to spend <$1200. Is this feasible?

mune fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mune
Sep 23, 2006

GreenNight posted:

It's not terrible, but you do get what you pay for - according to this review:

http://reviews.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/panasonic-lcd-tv/panasonic-tc50as530u.html

Sorry, that review is pretty barebones, some of their others are much more in depth.

What about the Vizio M602I-B3? I've heard really positive things about it.

mune
Sep 23, 2006

GreenNight posted:

That's the one I'll probably be buying next week. I've heard some terrible things about the remote, but that's it. AVSForums has a bunch of people who purchased it.

I, too, looked at those forums while these were down and came to the same conclusion. I was interested to see if these guys agreed too.

My Best Buy story: I went to Best Buy and they kept trying to tell me I needed to buy a 240HZ TV (I did some independent research and found that wasn't the case), tried to sell me a $1600 TV, and then tried to sell me a $2000 TV when I told them it was way over my budget. gently caress Best Buy.

mune
Sep 23, 2006

GreenNight posted:

I haven't been able to find that specific model at Walmart, Best Buy or Target. They seem to only have the 2013 models at the moment.

They have it at my local Costco. The last thing I need to make sure is that it's a good TV for playing games on because I can't seem to get a straight answer re: input lag.

mune
Sep 23, 2006

Tab8715 posted:

Is there any reason why I wouldn't want to buy this Vizio M602I-B3? I don't really care for any of the Smart TV Features as I'll be using a HTPC or PlayStation 4. Screen quality is pretty important to me...

I literally got this TV about five or six hours ago and, except for dealing with a lovely mount, the TV is pretty loving awesome. There's my technical, scientific analysis.

mune
Sep 23, 2006

Tab8715 posted:

I can't exactly tell but is the TV Bezel or Screen glossy?

The bezel appears to be glossy, yes. The screen is an LED screen so you can see reflections of direct light on it but the image is very clearly visible either way.

mune
Sep 23, 2006

Tab8715 posted:

Eh, crap... Is there any other alternative that has roughly the same specs but with a matte-finish?

Yeah I'm gonna echo what everyone else said and say that the bezel is very small and barely noticeable. I didn't notice the gloss until I went up to look at it very closely to satisfy your request.

I really strongly recommend it man. You'll probably love it still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mune
Sep 23, 2006
Hi, looking to upgrade from a 60" Vizio M602i-B3 (outstanding TV) to a good 65"+ TV. I'm moving and won't be able to take much of my stuff with me so I'm selling off the Vizio and will have a TV probably waiting for me at my destination.

Budget isn't super tight, and I can be flexible.

Any good deals going on? I've seen the Sony X900E recommended before.