Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Hey all, I need a new living room TV since my basement Trinitron finally poo poo the bed and my LCD is going down there now. I'm looking to not spend more than $700 but if I have to go higher I suppose I can. Basically just looking for at least a 46 inch TV. I'd like a Smart TV but it's kind of negligible. Like Beaverham Lincoln, this caught my eye, http://www.frys.com/ShopCartServlet?purchase=7348654. Anyone see any issues with it? I don't care about the 3d but holy poo poo under 600 for a 47 inch LED? Sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Smoking_Dragon posted:

I just got this TV from Best Buy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sharp+-...CFQ0GnQodQhUA8g

I was able to get it for about $4,000 (plus tax) by getting them to price match BuySquad.com. I actually had to go to a couple different Best Buys before I found a manager willing to match that price. It seems their "official" policy on price matching is only to match local retailers price or Amazon's, if anyone else wants to buy from them don't be afraid to visit a couple different stores if one store isn't playing ball. I didn't get the GeekSquad warranty, is it even worth considering? They also tried to sell me a $300 set of HDMI cables because they were silver lined and supposedly cheaper ones will look crappy on an 80" TV. They also said the cheaper ones don't support 120hz or 240hz. I'm assuming that's total bullshit and the $2 to $5 ones you can get at Monoprice will work just fine, is that correct?

It comes on Tuesday and I'm pretty excited!

That's correct. The markup for cables at a big box store is insane and they'll always try to push them. HDMI is either there or it isn't, the only degradation you'll get is if you're running a hundred foot cable.