Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Oh, delivery chat. I bought a TV from Amazon a couple weeks ago, but delivering it from their local facility to my apartment was delayed during Smoke Week, which was understandable. After the air got good again, the delivery window has come, gone, and been rescheduled by clueless customer support agents (and repeated three or four times), and I just feel like they're passive-aggressively trying to make me cancel my order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

doctorthefonz posted:

The shipping company for Costco in this case (InnovelLogistics) hit me up just now for a 9am-11am delivery time tomorrow so I'll let the thread know how it goes. As always, I'm prepared 2 die

I ended up ordering from Costco while I was waiting on Amazon, which was good because I finally got through to someone who told me that they lost the TV instead of trying to reschedule the delivery again. Costco used that delivery provider, and they arrived in the expected time frame. It was very pleasant.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Hughmoris posted:

For those with newer Sony TVs do a firmware update check. They've released an update in the past week or so, will supposedly fix my 'wifi turning off' issue and others.

I haven't received this update yet (X900H), but I was able to get it from the link in this post. It looks like it fixed my motion smoothing settings getting reset every time I turned it on.

No Pants fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 19, 2020

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

You can check with the Television Warranty Calculator. Mine was 5 years. :cool: