Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Hi. I’m a big dumbass and I made a dumb decision. I thought the cleaning solution I used on my LED monitor would be fine for my OLED television. It was not. Nothing is broken or scratched but it is a bit streaky and it’s noticeable in dark scenes. What’s the best way to clean these? Am I hosed forever? It’s an LG OLEDE855PUA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The exact model of TV I was looking at buying this holiday season just popped up as a refurbished Woot deal. Is it a good idea? https://electronics.woot.com/offers/lg-alexa-built-in-cx-4k-smart-oled-3

I am still a novice when it comes to AV stuff, though I enjoy it quite a bit. Is a refurbished TV a bad idea? Should I wait for Black Friday or is BF stuff pretty much only the derivative models?

Oh, and the TV stand I have (a floor cabinet, it’s not a wall mount) says it supports TVs up to 55” and 75 lbs. Can I safely upgrade to a 65” if it’s less than 75 lbs, as long as the stand is in the center of the TV?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I did more research since doing that post and discovered Costco is actually gonna have new units for cheaper on the 28th, so I’m gonna skip it, but I’ll leave that post up for future browsers.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

mcmagic posted:

You guys think Amazon will match that Costco price? I want the TV but would rather buy from Amazon than Costco because they use XPO for deliveries which is a hellish, shitbag company.

You’re better off trying to get Best Buy to price match, whose extended warranty does cover burn-in.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Bad Parenting posted:

There's no big feature coming that will be in the LG 2021 OLED line up is there? Looking at pulling the trigger on the CX, but just want to make sure there's no reason to wait.

I use my tv for watching UHD blu-rays, PC is hooked up to it and hopefully PS5 in a month or so as well

I am still an amateur in screenland, but based on what I’ve Googled, the only real thing is HDR10+, which still isn’t better than Dolby Vision.