Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
What would explain the random white flicker that my 55" led LG is doing? (1080p, 120hz, non 3d)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

samurai slowdown posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by white flicker. If the entire screen turns a solid color (or black) for a split second, that could be an HDMI "handshake" issue. Cable boxes are notorious for flaky HDMI support. If the issue happens on more than one input then it is a problem with the TV itself.

It seems like that could be it, although we only just use our PS3 via HDMI. It's hard to explain more than just a random white flicker.

I'm in the return Window and will probably end up bringing it back and going up another 5 - 10 inches.