Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Anyone have advice on a mount or TV that would let me put my Xbox and Comcast box underneath the TV, on top of my “entertainment center”? I’m looking for a replacement for an 8-year old 30” TV.

I have about 40-50” horizontal to work with to fit both the TV and the stack of gadgetry. I can’t put the stuff in the center because it’s all opaque drawers with poor ventilation, so the TV remote wouldn’t work and the Xbox would probably overheat and die.

As for TVs, I was looking at the Hisense H9G posted about earlier in the thread. Seems like a decent option? I don’t think I really want to spring for a full OLED screen, seems expensive and even if I would notice the difference I don’t know better yet so I can suck it up for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Is there a 50” version or something equivalent to the Hisense H9G? I can probably fit a 55” in my space but my wife is already grumpy about getting a tv bigger than 40” for some insane reason.

E: I guess the question is what’s the difference between the H9G and H8G?

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 2, 2020

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Dumb question, but is there an easy way to pair the Hisense H9 remote with my cable box so I can easily change TV channels? It’s an Xfinity box (the X1, I think), and has its own proprietary remote but it would be nice not to need two remotes, especially since xfinity doesn’t yet have the right code for the TV so the xfinity remote can’t change the volume on the TV.

I’m assuming there’s some sort of open protocol because my Xbox used to be able to change the channel via the hdmi cable.