Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

So, after having a (very good for the time) 41 inch 1080p plasma screen since 2009, I am finally upgrading to a new TV in time for the new consoles. I was eyeing a 55 inch LG C9, but looking around I can't see anywhere to get one in the UK - have I missed the boat on the C9 and now have no choice to go for a CX? I was originally going to wait until closer to the new consoles' releases to buy the TV as with only a Switch, a base PS4 and a broken Xbox One, I have no source of 4K content (other than Netflix and Amazon internally on the TV I guess). But this disappearance of the C9 has me a bit spooked - would it be better to buy now instead of later in the year when probably a lot of people will also be looking to buy new TVs for their consoles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Fedule posted:

Yeah as far as I can tell (and believe me I've looked) the C9 is goooooone from everywhere that's anywhere except a few floating around eBay, which, well, let's not. I saw some crop up again at John Lewis, but nothing in their online shop, just one or two in certain stores, which made them renew the listing and get my drat hopes up. (Lmao that they'll let you call and reserve... but only if they have 3 or more in stock. They had two and I watched them disappear)

The CX will probably go down a little in November but basically at this point you're paying an extra £100 or whatever to have the thing for an extra few months (since it's not like you're going to get rid of it sooner for having bought it sooner). The only reason I haven't got mine already is because I won't be in a position to install it for a while and I'm about to spend a few months somewhere that actually does have a C9.

Hmm, what are the chances that the 55 inch CX will turn up on some deal in the next few months? Since I don't need it immediately, would it be worth waiting around and checking deals sites to see if it turns up? Or would that simply not happen with a brand new model of TV?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

I know in one (Irish) retailer that if you buy a CX model they throw in a pair of LG Ear Pods worth €200.
I'd say over the next few months that deal will go away. I doubt they'd drop the price of the CX when they release the BX, since the B range are supposed to be cheaper than the C range.

Maybe circa November with Black Friday/Cyber Monday. But with Covid, who knows if that will still be a thing.

Hey, actually Curry's in the UK looks like it has the same deal with the LG Earpods. I don't have any wireless earpods, so I really wouldn't mind - anyone know if they're any good (LG TONE Free FN6)?