Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
I picked up a TCL 8 series this week. I've got an LG soundbar hooked up by optical cable. My previous Vizio would control the soundbar volume with the TV remote but the TCL doesn't seem to do that. Is there a setting I can change so the tv tells the soundbar how loud to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
I repaired my tv today. I had a Vizio 4k 65" from a few years ago. Recently it wouldn't turn on, power LED would come on then slowly fade, no backlight. I used a multimeter to figure out that it probably wasn't the power supply board, so I rolled the dice on an ebay replacement mainboard for ~$140. Swapped the board today and it fired right up! I'm not an especially capable person so I guess take this post as encouragement to NOT immediately cart a dead TV off to the dump, which was plan A but I don't have a pickup.