Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Am I going to kill myself or my speakers if I use a bare-wire/banana-plug -> RCA cord for a set of 5.1 speakers?

The longer version: I bought a 5.1 receiver (HK AVR146 https://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-AVR-146-connectivity/dp/B000MWPD0I) and what I thought were RCA output plugs turn out to be inputs. I have a set of 5.1 speakers (Spherex xbox 51000's http://www.biline.ca/spherex.htm#p2) that were designed to be used with a different receiver and all use RCA plugs. I'm seeing conflicting reports on whether or not using something like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G352P2C/ref=psdc_3236443011_t1_B013Z75RD4

is going to kill them because of the voltage from an amp and the speakers wanting low voltage from RCA. I probably should have known something was odd since I've almost never seen satellite speakers running RCA instead of the two wires but I figured I'd be fine because it looked like the back of the new receiver had RCA outputs.

it's been a while since I dealt with receiver poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

pwn posted:

Some really great usernames these past few posts. The best usernames.

was thinking the same thing really

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Wondering if anyone here might know, I'm looking into repairing my vizio m75-C1 tv and I've narrowed the issue down to a main board replacement. Problem is the exact mainboard I need seems to be sold out almost everywhere. The catch is I'm seeing listings with the same part number (756TXFCB0TK0010) but listed as belonging to M60 or M50 models. Would these work in mine? It looks the same but would there be an issue?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Wondering if anyone here might know, I'm looking into repairing my vizio m75-C1 tv and I've narrowed the issue down to a main board replacement. Problem is the exact mainboard I need seems to be sold out almost everywhere. The catch is I'm seeing listings with the same part number (756TXFCB0TK0010) but listed as belonging to M60 or M50 models. Would these work in mine? It looks the same but would there be an issue?

An update no one asked for: I got the mainboard for this tv for like 125 bucks on what I think was the Canadian arm of shopjimmy.com and it fixed my problem. I'm a big dummy and I figured this out and was able to successfully replace a circuit board with just a few days worth of internet research, so just remember if your TV dies or you catch wind of a modern flatscreen that has died in a non-obviously catastrophic manner it might be worth a little effort and a bit of gambling to fix or get one on the super-cheap.