Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004
What's the buzz on vizio's p-line? Any rumors on release date? A 55in 4k tv for 1400 just sounds too good to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004
If you are gaming that's no contest, get the Sony. The w802a reportedly one of the smallest input lags of any tv in its size. You want this for gaming. Otherwise you will get annoying delays before your button presses are registered.

I looked into the w802a for a while, and while i didn't end up with it, it's a great tv with great reviews.

EDIT sorry I thought I read that as w802 not w805, which is a different model I have not experience with. Kindly disregard my post!

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Richard M Nixon posted:

Can I ask about projectors in here? The 'suggest a cheap projector' doesn't have an OP and isn't really active. I'm looking for a projector 101 article somewhere that I can use to learn about all the factors I need to consider when looking at projectors. Stuff like what is throw distance, how does zoom affect quality, and does it matter that my living room has an entire wall made out of windows?

I was hoping AVS forums would have a good thread on projector 101 stuff, but I couldn't find one. Any good primer material would be great.

Benq w1070

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

leidend posted:

Do any new higher end tvs really have bad input lag anymore? My new Samsung UN65H7150 is supposed to be mediocre according to rtings but it's just as good as my Sony XBR, and I play lots of twitch games (FPSes/sports).

You'd be surprised. A lot of the LG tvs are not so great for input lag. Even game mode not so great. Samsung is hit or miss depending on what forum you visit. Again, all this is anecdotal. I've never seen / used these tvs, your experience may may be different.

As far as I read the sony 2013 tvs are better than the 2014 versions, but I can't substantiate that at this moment.

Input lag is a subjunctive thing, some don't notice at all. I'm super sensitive to it, hence why I did some reading on which perform better towards this aspect.