Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Any word on Super Bowl sales? The tv we bought my sister for Christmas ended up being defective and she wanted something a little bigger so she returned it and has been waiting patiently for another sale. We're looking for something right around 40" and around $400.

Yeah, I'm actually in a similar position. How good do the Superbowl sales get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Unimaginative posted:

EDIT: THE RETURN OF THE KING: Unqualified success. Feel free to add the E420i-A1 to the "Goons bought this" list. (Also the E390-A1; performs basically the same.)

I bought the E390-A1 after reading this post, it is really nice after turning off the Ambient light detector thing. Decent speakers for what it is.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Kuhmondo posted:

Crap I forgot I posted in this thread for advice. Anyways it really is hard to find 40" or lower that's 1080p for ~$400. I say 40" because the space I'm planning to put the TV has a max limit of fitting a 40 incher :(. I'm pretty torn on a decision.

I like my Vizio A390. Just gotta turn off the ambient light feature and suddenly it is all good. Slightly less than 400 at Sam's club.

The Dipshit fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 19, 2013

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SuperNuts posted:

I have $400 to spend. That's a pretty hard limit, maaaaaaaaybe +$50 or so if the deal is sweet enough. Can anyone recommend a nice 720p or above TV for this price? As big as I can get of course. 3d doesn't really matter to me.. will probably hook an xbox up to it and it'll also be used to stream videos from my media PC.

Preferably one that doesn't poo poo out like my last TV did about a week after the warranty expired. (I think it was a Panasonic but not sure)

http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E390-A1...ords=Visio+a390

Getting it at a Sam's club, it was 378. Vizio is in the "decent brand" bin, as far a I understand. I like it well enough, just turn off the ambient light setting and you are good to go.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I have an E390 (smaller version, same TV series) and I like it well enough. The only problem I had was that I really needed to turn off the ambient light sensor so the colors didn't appear washed out. Though the most lag intensive game I play on it is borderlands 2. No problem with Netflix or Hulu on the 360 I use for it.