Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Captain Morose posted:

I wish. I agree that that would have been nice, but then players would have to create a unique username, password, input email for recovery, etc. Most people can't be bothered and will just quit the second they hit a login screen. Maybe it could have been handled through game center or a facebook login? I dunno. Not a programmer.

Puzzle & Dragons syncs the files that contain the account data via iCloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tag Plastic
Jun 10, 2006

Not organic.

Pladdicus posted:

:thejoke:

(It wasn't very obvious :()

I got it :unsmith:

Then I remembered we'd probably be way richer if we did have XP and Tycoon Bux :smith:

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

Superschaf posted:

Puzzle & Dragons syncs the files that contain the account data via iCloud.

Don't know why they didn't do that then. I'll talk to 'em about it and see if maybe it can be added in an update or something.

RoboCicero posted:

I'm definitely going to tool around with it for a while.

Thanks! Glad you're diggin' it.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Electrium dev, you've got a serious whale on your hands with the guy in the #1 spot.

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!

Thwomp posted:

Electrium dev, you've got a serious whale on your hands with the guy in the #1 spot.

He can speak for himself if he'd like, he plays a lot. And he plays the stock market really well. Also I just submitted the next version of electrium to the app store (approvals have been ~3.5 days). Here's the notes:

-- Destroy Ships you don't like anymore! This can be achieved through the ship edit menu.
-- Got rid of that ugly slider in the stocks and market. You can enter a fine-tuned quantity and bid now.
-- The Resource Market is now MUCH more volatile, and is less influenced by players.
-- Added a Fourth Job to the Mining Ships.
-- Leaderboards now show leaders based on Stock Price as well as Total Worth.
-- Leaderboards and Stock Market don't use as much network now.
-- Help Tips that you saw at the first login can now be restored through the Help menu on the Company tab.

Also, downloads have slowed a bit. Anyone have any suggestions on marketing Electrium for an indie developer who doesn't have a finance department?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Make posts in different forum communities? :shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Helical Nightmares posted:

Make posts in different forum communities? :shrug:

Yeah I'd try and hype it up over on the touch arcade forums. I do like the game quite a bit but I haven't had as much time as I like with it

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Thwomp posted:

I don't think whale applies since you can't IAP currency. Probably some heavy poopsocking involved, though!

Yolkfolk
Mar 20, 2007
Love is the stuff inside.

Javid posted:

I don't think whale applies since you can't IAP currency. Probably some heavy poopsocking involved, though!

No poopsocking required, I only have 4 resource ships and one fuel ship to click on anyway (and one Electrium miner gathering dust)
With the stock market the way it is, I make little bit of money when everyone else makes theirs. Sadly, on the day I resolved to try a new money making scheme, I underestimated my own stock value and was priced out of my own company :(

Logical1234
Dec 3, 2013
Been currently replaying Year Walk, and am so loving confused. The story after Theodor enters the picture confuses me greatly. I've made theories, but it just doesn't compute. Year Walking as it's explained doesn't follow conventinal time travel rules. It's more about loving with the laws of reality. You can see into the future, or time travel like Theodor did into the past. Reality gets hosed with, Reality gets pissed, and sends in the cosmic horrors to ruin your fun. Or.. do they want it to happen, since Theodor thinks it's a sacrifice of sorts? ARGH. Anyone who's played Year Walk on the IPhone got any ideas? I'm asking in the IOS thread since there that's where you would probably here some talk about it. Anyone got any theories?

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

io_burn posted:

Yeah, I played for a solid hour non-stop totally uninterrupted by the free to play poo poo. Part of me thinks the game is going to get a "balance" update to significantly change this as I feel decently far in it and haven't needed to buy anything at all, on any level.
It definitely starts to pinch more in Tier 2. Stamina is becoming more of an issue with the 7 cost tracks and I'm getting bigger gaps in the quests when I'm expected to buy upgrades, which now need up to 5 Tier 1 parts to be most cost efficient. Mostly I want to spend because it's good though and I want more rather than because I feel restricted.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!
FlashBangBob, when I trash a ship post-update, will the cost for building the next one decrease? As the cost of building ships rises prety quickly, it'll be nice to know that I don't need to get my hands on ten pieces of Electrium because I built a Lava Miner by accident.

I hope Steelfur keeps going down until it costs less than fuel to purchase.

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!

zonar posted:

FlashBangBob, when I trash a ship post-update, will the cost for building the next one decrease? As the cost of building ships rises prety quickly, it'll be nice to know that I don't need to get my hands on ten pieces of Electrium because I built a Lava Miner by accident.

I hope Steelfur keeps going down until it costs less than fuel to purchase.

Trashing your ship will return half it's cost to you in cash. The cost to make a ship is directly related to how many you actively have, so the cost of rebuilding won't increase.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

FlashBangBob posted:

He can speak for himself if he'd like, he plays a lot. And he plays the stock market really well. Also I just submitted the next version of electrium to the app store (approvals have been ~3.5 days). Here's the notes:

-- Destroy Ships you don't like anymore! This can be achieved through the ship edit menu.
-- Got rid of that ugly slider in the stocks and market. You can enter a fine-tuned quantity and bid now.
-- The Resource Market is now MUCH more volatile, and is less influenced by players.
-- Added a Fourth Job to the Mining Ships.
-- Leaderboards now show leaders based on Stock Price as well as Total Worth.
-- Leaderboards and Stock Market don't use as much network now.
-- Help Tips that you saw at the first login can now be restored through the Help menu on the Company tab.

Also, downloads have slowed a bit. Anyone have any suggestions on marketing Electrium for an indie developer who doesn't have a finance department?

I like the changes was about to ask for the ability to enter a price on the stock market, if you have 10k cash on hand it is almost impossible to get what you want to bid on speculative stuff.

The only thing that needs to be added is an options menu to disable push notifications, some people hate them yes you can disable them in the OS options but it is a no sell for several people when the app assumes you want them, they should be opt-in. My iPhone is also my work phone and I can't really have push notifications going off constantly but its not a big deal to disable it and its not a no sell for me.

If you want to get more people look into getting a few banner ads in other games, or one of the things people use in other games to get premium currency for downloading and playing a game for 5 minutes. I'm sure you'd have to pay but I can't imagine it's going to be super expensive. Maybe include banner ads to try and break even on advertizing elsewhere and have the 1.99 IAP also remove them.

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Morose posted:

A game I did a bit of work on just launched in the US for iphone & ipad. Fable Age!

http://fableagegame.com/

Sailor_Spoon posted:

I played through the tutorial, and a bit past.I drew some unimpressive looking druid, and now I can either redo the whole tutorial, or be hobbled for who knows how long. That's a bummer.

I'm enjoying this a lot as well. Even after keeping my original sorceress roll I've been able to plow through quite a few of the levels, and pull a couple more times on the rare machine. It's pretty amusing rolling around with a Snow White, Cinderella, and the Snow Queen.

I'll throw my PlayerID out if anyone wants to play: 86JQbyRUVu

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

dabre_aiamim posted:

I'll throw my PlayerID out if anyone wants to play: 86JQbyRUVu

Fable Age seems like one that I'll actually enjoy playing... at least so far.

Used your code.

Mine is mK2oi24FMn

Huskers
May 9, 2009

rotaryfun posted:

Fable Age seems like one that I'll actually enjoy playing... at least so far.

Used your code.

Mine is mK2oi24FMn

Used yours and added you both as friends, my code is: xZWWA0(zero)d8qi

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Huskers posted:

Used yours and added you both as friends, my code is: xZWWA0(zero)d8qi

Used yours, mine is VI37oASHLc

Black Bo[X]
Feb 18, 2001

Captain Morose posted:

A game I did a bit of work on just launched in the US for iphone & ipad. Fable Age!

http://fableagegame.com/

It's a pretty straightforward Puzzle & Dragons clone, if you're into that sort of thing. And they're planning to add a lot of deeper RPG elements to it over the next several months, or so I hear. Check it out, and let me know what sucks - I'll pass feedback along to the team.

This is great, plays like Spirit Stones minus the terrible fan-service art.

I do wish the app was a bit more responsive and that the designs of the higher rarity characters were a bit 'flashier' but seems pretty solid so far.

My id: uIzDvxWxjJ

The Drifter
Apr 21, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Used yours, mine is VI37oASHLc

Used yours - my ID: zccv52IlkA

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
On Electrium how do you increase resource storage supply? My next ship costs 5 electrium but i can only store 2.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Keystoned posted:

On Electrium how do you increase resource storage supply? My next ship costs 5 electrium but i can only store 2.

You can store unlimited why do you think you can only store 2?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Fable is pretty much the most quality PAD clone I ever played. If it can keep it up with the gems and not have a brick wall half way through I never have to play P&D again.

Styrka
Jul 18, 2010

The Drifter posted:

Used yours - my ID: zccv52IlkA

Got you, Flz9Nyjab7

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!

Keystoned posted:

You probably can't afford another Electrium so you are only holding two now

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Styrka posted:

Got you, Flz9Nyjab7

Gave up trying to reroll for a 5 star fable. Decided to stick with Jack. Under you.

LYJMA0eILX

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

FlashBangBob posted:

You probably can't afford another Electrium so you are only holding two now

You're right. I swear I checked that and could afford to buy multiple but I must have miscalculated. Thanks.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
If you want more people to play Electrium you could release it worldwide! It's not available here. :(

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

ChikoDemono posted:

Gave up trying to reroll for a 5 star fable. Decided to stick with Jack. Under you.

LYJMA0eILX

Got Gepetto, who is still 4 star but adds 50 to my maximum link :v: I do feel like there's probably a very rough tier list already with rerolls, with the top being the 5* guys on offer (40% bonus to one element, Orb change active), then the more generic leaders (attack and attribute bonus), then the subs that are kind of there for utility rather than mono-element buffing (Gepetto, Big Bad Wolf), and then lastly the 3* guys who offer nothing much other than element resistance. There are the guys who offer 50% attack bonus to [Alignment] when over 50% HP, but it's such a goofy bonus I'm not sure if you're served carrying them around. It's definitely one of the higher multipliers in the game but I don't really know where the chaos/neutral/law split goes.

I also pulled a dark element fairy who is level 1, can't evolve, and only has one active skill. I guess she's intended as skill-up fodder?

My ID is Bi2noXIwuQ and I used the referral code above me.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

ChikoDemono posted:

LYJMA0eILX

Used this referral, mine's:

5ZM0FaDhpk

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

RoboCicero posted:

Got Gepetto, who is still 4 star but adds 50 to my maximum link :v: I do feel like there's probably a very rough tier list already with rerolls, with the top being the 5* guys on offer (40% bonus to one element, Orb change active), then the more generic leaders (attack and attribute bonus), then the subs that are kind of there for utility rather than mono-element buffing (Gepetto, Big Bad Wolf), and then lastly the 3* guys who offer nothing much other than element resistance. There are the guys who offer 50% attack bonus to [Alignment] when over 50% HP, but it's such a goofy bonus I'm not sure if you're served carrying them around. It's definitely one of the higher multipliers in the game but I don't really know where the chaos/neutral/law split goes.

I also pulled a dark element fairy who is level 1, can't evolve, and only has one active skill. I guess she's intended as skill-up fodder?

Under you, my code is

hWFuhkl0Nr (0 = zero)

Also pulled geppetto, weird.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

It would be sweet to have graphs showing the history of stock and resource prices in Electrium. When I'm trading resources, I'm never sure if I'm buying low or selling high because I don't know what the typical price is.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Also, regarding Trials: if it's anything like the soft launch, at a certain point you end up having to replay levels successfully over and over to collect *random* engine pickups in order to upgrade and proceed.

Replaying levels. Successfully. For one play of a slot machine. In a Trials game.

Or you can buy gems for real cash!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

ImsaKidd posted:

hWFuhkl0Nr (0 = zero)

Got this one, enjoy the free gem. Adding a bunch of you as friends.

Name is FiddlerRiddle, code nBWJ4SMLWw.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 12, 2014

dabre_aiamim
Oct 23, 2008
Lipstick Apathy

RoboCicero posted:

My first pull was a 3* Nature Enchantress, but my next pull was a 6* Snow Queen, and her passive is 'Recover 7 links per every critical hit', with a 20% gravity active. I've also pulled a 4* Princess Cinderella, who gives a 20% attack and 15% life increase leader skill, so there's a pretty large amount of variance in skills.

As for alignment split, looking at duplicates of things I've acquired, every Elf is neutral, no matter the element, so there may be some racial typing involved.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

Got this one, enjoy the free gem. Adding a bunch of you as friends.

Name is FiddlerRiddle, code nBWJ4SMLWw.

Used your referral code, mine is Hr8lnxmQ1h. Added the rest of you.

bubbapook fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Apr 13, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

In it as y3mFx8ZRtR

I used my referral on somebody else so feel free to keep me out of the referral chain

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

bubbapook posted:

Used your referral code, mine is Hr8lnxmQ1h. Added the rest of you.

Used. Mine is vPfZzEOJA7

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Anyone having crashing problems with Warhammer Quest? I can get through the first dungeon but it locks up and crashes partway through the Miserable Minstrel quest. I have a feeling it's because of my iPhone 4.

It always seems to happen with a decently large battle, right as I'm getting into the game :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!

croutonZA posted:

If you want more people to play Electrium you could release it worldwide! It's not available here. :(

This is tough because I have one server/database located in the states -- its expensive to try to shard out that to keep latency low. That being said, my game uses a lot of server interaction -- between the market, stock market, and ship jobs. While the interaction is actually minimal, distance can add a lot of time to the interactions. My worry would be that the game would put a bad taste in someone's mouth just because of that.

Max22 posted:

It would be sweet to have graphs showing the history of stock and resource prices in Electrium. When I'm trading resources, I'm never sure if I'm buying low or selling high because I don't know what the typical price is.

Stock prices pretty much do that. They tell you how well the company performed in the past two days and what the last winning purchase price was. The game, and stock prices, move pretty quick so any history beyond that has actually been moot.

Resource Market graphs, on the other hand, I have thought about doing a graph for, but it puts me in a weird spot with players: If they can just take a look at the graph, they can know pretty much where the highs and the lows are, and just wait for that high (or low) to come back. If people didn't really know where the highs or the lows really are, it gives it a sense of risk that I actually want players to experience. Otherwise its just a waiting game. I want people to take their profits or losses not knowing if the next day will drop further or raise higher.

• Locked thread