Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar comes through the door rather abruptly, he stomps in and pauses to look around the room, he gives a bit of a gruff sound before walking over to the bar, buying 2 pitchers of ale and getting a mug then walking over, he almost slams them down on the table before pouring himself a mug and downing it all in one large drawn out gulp. He pours a second drink, finally sits, still having said nothing before turning to the elf and almost growling, "Well?" He pauses long enough to grab the Dwarvish-Police emblem off his chest and shove it into his pocket. "Colonel Carbon huh? Never heard of him but I'm not surprised he's gone off. This bellows be damned city could turn a Pelorite into a whore if you gave it enough time." He lets out a loud scoff and drains half the second mug he's poured before leaning back, realizing something and then bolting back forward saying, "Sorry, I forgot about your surface niceties. Olimar Ironstride." He inclines his head at everyone in turn, between drinks, but does not set his mug down to offer anyone his hand.

malikial fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar listens to what others say then looks sharply at the mention of an assassination. He sits forward and slams his mug down, speaking, to Hecate, in a harsh yet quiet voice, "I am a scoundrel but I'm still a Dwarf. I will never be involved in an assassination. So you understand me, young lady?" He grumpily drains his third mug of ale before pouring more and adding, "It's crazy little brats like yourself that give you human lot a bad name." He turn to Lefty, "No offense lass, I bet you're a right good one but you curiously soft creatures do like to rutting kill each other. Moradin's balls, you'd think you'd get loving tired of it. The job is simple, some of us skulk in while the others do some crowd control. We don't need to gently caress it up getting your jodhpurs all damp thinking about killing someone." He pours himself another mug of ale and leans back, growling softly to Richard, "Sorry, you surface folk cause my blood to rise. I shouldn't let you're unnatural desire to kill and rape everything you see upset me."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar laughs loudly at Hecate, he slaps his knee and the table and would be almost rolling about at the absurdity of her statement before he leans forward and wipes his eyes. He takes a drink of his, miraculously unspilled, ale before saying, "Listen here lass, the dwarves of Low Geareg did not even begin to fight in your little seven year war and any war your lordlings of human statue could bring upon The Host would be met with a swift execution. The dwarven army would swing through you weak surface dwellers like a scythe through a wheat field. My only shame is that I spent so much time deep in the earth killing the cursed and Moradin be damned undead that I did not get a proper chance to use my hammers top-side on some of the undead up here." He makes a face of pure distaste and hatred every time he says undead, speaking the word as if it were improper in the worst way.

Olimar doesn't even seem to realize the tiny human woman Lefty is talking to him, he's already annoyed with all these other tiny human woman, and what's that, a tiny ratling woman now? Such brazen disregard for a proper beard. He lets out a grumbling growl and slurps down his brew before turning abruptly to Lefty, "What's up, young lady? Do you have a sudden desire to go hacking about people and ending the lives of your race like the others." He motions vaguely at the others around the table. "None of your race even have proper hips or barrels of ale for a chest." He lets out a loud hurrumph and scours his pockets for a cigar, that he lights off a nearby candle and begins puffing deeply, he makes an inward shudder before turning back, "No offense, young lady I bet you turn enough human heads but you're rail thin and you've got nothing worth turning a dwarven eye, an evening with ye and you'd probably be in the medic's with a broken pelvis." He tsks loudly and motions over Lefty, Hecate and Nessa, "Not a single pair of proper hips among the lot of you."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar grins at Hecate, muttering out, "Don't misunderstand me, girl, I do not boast about size. Merely fortitude. You surface races are creatures of willow and pine. Dwarves are made or iron and marble. You are frail." He then turns to Nessa and nods, lifting his cup, "You might at that, at least you understand proper armor." He leans back, stroking his beard thoughtfully as he quietly puffs his after-drinks cigar and enjoys his after-drinks drink.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar stands and brushes himself off before muttering, "I am capable of a certain amount of stealth. As any deep delver is, I will go with the stealth group."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar rustles around in his pack and pulls out a torch, handing it to Lefty, still unlit "Sorry, I didn't realize you were male, you don't even have a proper beard." He makes a grumbling sound and heads east towards the light, approaching cautiously.

Dungeoneering 1d20+6 12

Perception(Stonework) 1d20+10 19

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar moves back quickly, stopping Lefty from lighting the torch he handed him, muttering, "Ahead, torchlight... you humans really should develop some underground seeing... I don't want to draw their attention with us having a light." He curses slightly under his breath.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar moves forward to near where the lights are and turns the corner, he sees them playing with the barking dog and lets out a slight curse before drawing his huge composite longbow and an arrow, waiting and watching the door at the other end of the hall, he mutters, just loud enough to carry. "Calm the dog down, he's gonna draw attention... if he hasn't already... Light in the far stairwell... Prepare yourselves!"

Stealth roll Natural 20 makes 25

Olimar recedes into the shadows like the deep delver he is and nocks an arrow, ready to act.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar places his bow quietly back on his back and draws both his hammer and mace, preparing to move forward when the dog and man are distracted.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar nods and grumbles out, "Sounds good to me, holy water eh? I always just preferred to smack undead in the head repeatedly with large blunt objects." He gives a slightly chuckle and then moves in place behind Lefty, but ready to spring around in front if need be.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar nods along until the end of what Lefty says then just kinda pauses... looks at him in confusion and slowly says, "Are.... are you having a stroke man?" He steps back into the room they had previously left and motions the others back in, "Yeah, we should probably disguise ourselves. I don't really see us walking through the whole keep unseen with that many drat guards around." He motions back towards the mess hall area while muttering, "You'd think they were worried a couple teams of people might break in with thoughts of doing them wrong."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar backtracks to where the armor is being kept and looks for a guard tabard from the area to put over his armor, not wanting to replace his whole suit of armor.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar follows along behind Lefty, giving him a slight glare for speaking as he gruffly bustles along, keeping close to the others and letting Lefty, who is assumes is better at social displays, do the speaking.

quote:

Disguise Roll: 1d20+9: 19 [1d20=10]

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar heads to he door Lefty went into and stands near it enough to hear inside and assist if need be, relaxing and waiting while he listens and stays out of the way.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar takes the items from the chef and nods, giving a gruff, "Sounds good." before heading away with the bucket, brush and alcohol, he pockets the flask and then waits for Lefty, very confused by the actions of the humans, he slowly begins brushing the statue nearest the door while he waits.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar moves over to intercept Lefty, muttering quietly to him, "Those statues have hidden switches on them that open hidden doors. I don't know what it pertains to or what is inside though... I dislike that cook. Giving me a brush and putting me to work, I am a dwarf not a polisher." He lets out a grumble and then says, "I can accompany you up if you'd like, we can always come back down here and look at the statues later when the mess hall is open, I don't know if the hidden door is gonna make a racket when it opens, I'd rather open it when there wasn't a horde of guards about."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar nods and claps Lefty on the shoulder, growling out, "Sounds like a plan, you have any idea where we should go? This fort has it's roots in dwarven architecture but I don't know if the humans are using it like dwarves would, keeping the rooms to what they were intended for.... For all I know your bloodthirsty lot is using main dining for a blood pit."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar sees the argument, looks to Lefty for a second then proceeds to ignore it as if he doesn't want to get involved with something between a superior and some unknown people. He even, for good show, pats Lefty on the shoulder and motions him to keep moving while saying, "Don't want to get involved with these recruits, not worth the time." in a quiet voice.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar sees Lefty take a rather lackluster swing and the guy and grumbles, "Sure fights like a lady." Before gripping his Warhammer by the neck and pulling it off his hip, he swings it around in a well executed whirl and brings it down towards the guard's shoulder in a powerful two handed swing.

quote:

To Hit vs Guard 1d20+9: 20 [1d20=11]
13 Damage if I hit.

(... I didn't even think of trying to not loving kill the guy... heh.)

malikial fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Feb 14, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar moves back out, grabs the guard and pulls him into the room before beginning to see to his wounds (taking 10 on the heal check for 12 total), just trying to make sure the chap doesn't bleed to death. "Well, do your stuff, I don't really know much about thievery, if you need me to lift something heavy or hit something with a hammer, give a shout." He sighs as he looks down at the wounded human and then pats his helmet apologetically before beginning to nose about. (Take 20 on perception to search the room for hidden objects or doors in the stonework[gives me 30 on the roll])

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar shakes his head before replying, "Not really, some if these guns could be made to work with a bit of simple modification. We need to hurry, lad. We're propably out staying our welcome. Any good fight, even a spar, doesn't last much longer than a few swings. I've a feeling ere running out of distraction." He walks over to see what Lefty is doing before growling, "What's doing? We're looking for evidence not magical boxes."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar follows along after Lefty, grumbling out to the person outside the office as he passes, "That chap in there is well hurt, you might want to apply some pressure to his wound so he doesn't bleed to death." He keeps moving after Lefty muttering quietly to him, "Get the lead out lad, I know you're not used to armor but drat." Oli sounds surprisingly in good spirits, for once, perhaps he's happy to be escaping.

malikial fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 15, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Oli follows along, nodding to the man, "Alright then, go see to the man, I'll get the guards, he'll protect the lady." He motions the butler back and then moves around the corner as if he's running to go get guards before stopping and turning to say to Lefty, "drat Lad, we might have jumped in it. Maybe we can slip into the Lady's room and hide until they pass and slip out behind them?" The dwarf seems excited and ready for a fight.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Oli nods and stands near, waiting for things to unfold.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Oli stands back behind Lefty and fidgets nervously, accidentally dropping the bottle of alcohol he got from the kitchen on the floor before scrambling to pick it up and looking scared. He doesn't speak but just stands awkwardly as if he doesn't know what to say and is intimidated by the boss. "I'm off duty... trying to find a place to have a drink with my friend here. Was just following him."

quote:

Bluffroll: 1d20-1: 8 [1d20=9]

(Sorry doom, I fixed the dice thing, I GOT A poo poo ROLL THOUGH.)

malikial fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 17, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar sees the newly closed door and moves to the statues, he activates the secret door and begins scanning the room with his practiced eye, searching for tracks or some form of direction. (Gonna take ten, being a deep delver[with trait] and a ranger gives me +11 while under ground for a roll of 21)

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar lets out a snarl and moves towards the group, he grabs Flora by the arm, not hurting her but holding her firmly, growling "What are you doing?! The girl has no part in your idiocy. Flora Carbon, come here, stand behind me, you will be safe." He moves quickly towards P'ui and grabs her before she can disrupt the runes, dragging her back and leaning down to say, "Come on now, I'm not here to commit suicide! We have Carbon's daughter, we can trade her for safe exit from the fort! I've already pilfered all the items we came in here for. You need to use your head and not let anger cloud your mind. You will not free this drat thing. Use your brain." He turns towards Flora and smiles, "Sorry, lass but your father's fort has been broken in to, someone stole some of his goodies, I've heard rumors it was a dwarf." He gives a wicked grin, "Seems your daddy knew how to use the dwarvish lock-down techniques. So, I need you to escape. ACT RIGHT and you will come to no harm. I promise on my Hammer." He turns to Hecate, "We've done the job, this doesn't concern us. WE MUST LEAVE. We don't want to get caught down HERE by them. There will be no escape, even with the girl there is only one proper exit and no proper witnesses. Carbon would be like to be more reasonable with his daughter and the crowd from up above involved."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
As the rune is disrupted and the crack forms Olimar lets out a long breath and a curse in dwarvish. He pulls Flora back with him and begins exiting the room, "Come along lass, these idiots are gonna be the loving deaths of each other. I'll have no part in it and I'll not allow an innocent girl like you to die with them." As he pulls her away he asks, in a deeply annoyed voice, "Can you believe these people? Not all humans are this stupid are they? Moradin's Brazen Balls." He stops at the doorway and growls, back to the group, "YOU NEED TO COME ALONG. We are DONE. This is just flogging uselessly. Come along?" He waits, but seems impatient as he holds Flora's arm, firmly but not hard enough to harm her. As Thorgeiasl snarls and gets angry he scoffs, "Stop your foolishness! Anger has NO PLACE in combat or work. We are being PAYED TO REMAIN PROFESSIONAL. This posturing will do NOTHING to promote our job."

malikial fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 19, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar growls, "If you get away from the GODS BE DAMNED MIND FLAYER IT WILL STOP TRYING TO CONTROL YOU. It's weakened inside that thing and you want to let it out where it can be even MORE POWERFUL? Moradin's Hammer, I know you are mere children but use your heads. Come away with me, let us use the girl to ensure our escape." When P'ui approaches Flora Olimar pulls her close to his side, protectively, "You are in NO STATE to be dealing with this girl. Calm yourself, I'll not have you harming an innocent lass because of the sins of her father. She has done NOTHING to you in the present or the past." He moves between P'ui and Flora purposefully, "You'll see the foolishness of your plan if you can escape the influence of this creature. Come along now." He basically pleads. Before growling and turning away, as he exits he passes Oreom and whispers, "I am leaving presently, you haven't been rallying to release the drat mindflayer if you don't want part in this madness come along. It would be pertinent to follow me." When Hecate attempts to grab Flora he steps between the two, shaking his head slightly, "I've no desire to see the foolish 'leading' you've done so far harm this girl, I'll take charge of her until we are free of the Fort, thank you." He then proceeds to exit the room and head towards the hidden doors, leading Flora along closely and rather protectively, as a person would a small child. He no longer looks back or attempts to talk, just briskly exits the room and proceeds back up to the main fort from the way he entered, hoping to find Lefty still in the Barracks.

malikial fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 19, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar smiles broadly at Lefty, "Good to see someone with some sense. Carbon's daughter." He shoves her towards Lefty and growls, "We need to use her to escape. These fools almost released a loving Mind Flayer. Take charge of the girl for me, you look a bit more intimidating than I do. She'll be leverage." He pat's Lefty's shoulder graciously and seems genuinely happy to see the man. He then draws his Warhammer and his Mace off his hips and growls out, "Yall might want to get ready to look intimidating, here comes the boss." He sets himself into a dour face and then turns to Flora, "If you cooperate I can promise you won't come to any harm, if you don't... well. I'm just one dwarf, I can't keep that little psychotic bint," He motions towards Hecate, "Who's in charge of this job from harming you. I WANT TO, but I'm not in charge. Please be good."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar lets P'ui explain and falls back into his dour, angry dwarf mode, still staying near and watchful of Flora, but no longer trying to lead people since we all have a plan we're following as one now. He seems genuinely upset and a bit angry about things. He fidgets nervously and keeps flicking his hammer and mace lightly as if he really wants to bash the hell out of something.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar looks confused, "Contraption? What are you talking about? I stole documents that prove Carbon was trying to bribe city officials." He looks at Hecate from the corner of his eyes, "You really are something else. The conclusions you jump to must take a hell of an imagination."

((OOC Note: Lefty is the one that did the pilfering and still, Hecate was not there she has no actual way of knowing what we took as it's triple wrapped inside a case, inside a bag, INSIDE Oli's backpack. No need for any meta gaming to start. Oli has, so far, only mentioned that we stole what we needed to prove Carbon was not on the straight and narrow. Oli did not mention exact items or contraptions.))

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar seems a bit torn, he turns towards Lefty and then looks back at P'ui and says, "I would LOVE to go back out the way we came in, lad, but these are dwarven structures. Those fail safes are not MEANT TO BE EASILY broken into. They are to hold back the tides of the surface during a time of war. You have to access the main controls to recall the lock-down. I doubt a nonce with a hammer is gonna be able to chisel his way through like some sort of smoldering mining crew. I mean, maybe proper dwarves with proper mining tools, an excavator or two, but even then it would take a bit. Dwarves don't build stuff with it being able to 'fail' in mind." He pats Lefty and still looks conflicted, "I mean, I'm not saying we can't try, I just doubt the effectiveness of it."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar lets out a grumble in Hecate's general direction and moves protectively in front of Flora as he seems to be steeling his resolve for a confrontation. He doesn't seem to have high hopes about any of the plans the group has going but does not seem afraid or really too concerned. He's a dwarf, made of tougher stuff than these humans and others.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar immediately nods, reaches into his pack and hands Lefty the object in question. "Here, do what you think is best, you're the only non-dwarf in the group who actually thinks."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar places his mace at his side as he follows along protectively behind Lefty, when the human injures himself he winces and takes the man by the shoulder and 'helps him' along. When they get to where Carbon is he allows Lefty to 'collapse' and then lets out a startled sound, speaking up in a gruff voice, "Lad! You didn't say you were that hurt!" He immediately falls to his knees and begins checking over the wound before turning to Carbon, "He's right sir, we came across 'em down the way with yer daughter. I dunno what they were planning, they're in the barracks!" He pulls out the dagger and begins administering First Aid to Lefty, taking 10 on his heal roll. (which gives me 12)He quietly shushes the human while he, for a dwarf, gently tends to his wounds... still a bit more roughly than most people would like.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Oli immediately begins removing the armor and muttering, quietly, "What we doing now? You're the one with the plan kid, this Carbon fellow is crazy. By Moradin's Brazen balls he's got a damned mind flayer chained up in the basement. We need to get out of here. Don't worry about the device, he can keep it." He stands Lefty up, moving towards Vanessa and whispers, "Carbon has a contained mind flayer in the basement and god's knows what else." before moving back to Lefty and whispering, "Your shoulder OK?" as an afterthought before thumping Lefty companionably with a stoic dwarvish grin, he wraps his arm around Lefty's middle and begins 'assisting' him away from the coming combat.

malikial fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 21, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar doesn't even seem phased as he saves against the attemped spell. He turns towards the caster and growls out, his voice low and angry, "I AM A TRUE DWARF. Your pitiful spells have no effect on me!" He moves stoically towards Cyrus(into sqaure -y/93), drawing his mace as he does and unleashes two vicious swings at the man. "Surrender NOW, I only want to exit this god's forsaken place in peace."

quote:

Attack rolls: 2#1d20+7: 2 # 24 [1d20=17] 19 [1d20=12]
Damage rolls: 1d8+4+1d6+2: 19 [1d8=8] [1d6=5]

malikial fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 22, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Oli says, "SENSIBLE? I'M A DWARF!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar nods, "I agree. Take me. I don't mind the idea. Let the lad go." He motions towards Lefty. "And for Moradin's sake boy, get out of that armor, you look ridiculous."

• Locked thread