Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Maximina

Big Mina looks at the green curry doubtfully, then shrugs. "Can't be worse than Yugg." she digs in.

"Wait, girlfriend?" She considers. "Ewww."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Sun Yue FP XXX Stress [OOOO] (-2/-4/-6)

"I mean the jade lady. Unless you meant her too."

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Mina Fisher OO/OOO/XXXO
FP: 2/4, Programs: 0/4

Mina looks more irate then ever, sitting next to Da'ud.

"NOT what I had in mind. If we're going to use Richie Rich's cash flow we aughta use it. This place doesn't have any waiters much less super beautiful ones."

Mina starts raging at Da'ud!

"I WANT LUXURY, DAMMIT! You are the worst at treating a girl out, I swear."

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Maximina

"Oh I don't know," Maximina says, idly. So far she has not been poisoned. "I kind of like it."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Yotogi Kanazawa

Yotogi shrugs and eats.

"I only learned of her affiliations when she approached me. I believe she wanted to apologise before killing me." He smiles warmly at Kaiya, who pretends to be focused on her food. "I suppose I can't fault her. I'm not sure I wouldn't have made the same bargain in that situation."

"So, I surmised you would investigate my death, and Kaiya would have to pretend to help. And I believe I mentioned I'm good at mentoring recruits? So I thought... why not make it a test?"

"What," Madoka says.

Yotogi gestures with his fork. "Well, I couldn't change my death without killing Kaiya, but I was sure if I couldn't be revived the Shinigami would summon my ghost. So I'd be fine, more or less. But we haven't known each other for long, and I get the feeling that we're going to encounter some serious trouble down the road. So I thought I should make sure everyone's prepared to face the challenges ahead together. A sort of trial by fire, hmm?"

"You did all this to teach me about friendship?!" Madoka says.

"And facing challenges," Yotogi says defensively. "Mostly, challenges. And you stood up to them! You must be feeling stronger already."

Madoka puts her head on the table and her hands on her head.

"I think I'm traumatised?"

Yotogi pats her head. "I'm sure you'll be fine. But yes," he adds to Sun Yue, "Cleaning up the Den a bit was a nice bonus."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sun Yue FP XXX Stress [OOOO] (-2/-4/-6)

"I'd stab you if it wouldn't invalidate all the work we just did." Yue drains about half of her drink, then frowns. "This all wrapped up too neatly still. And I think it all comes back to that comic shop. I was thinking it was just a symptom of what was going on, but it's more than that. We definitely need to look into it more."

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Maximina

Maximina's eyes narrow dangerously. "You mean this was a... a bloody teachable moment?!"

She reaches under the table and there's the sound of a hammer being cocked. "I'm going to knee-cap the old man. All opposed?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mina Fisher OO/OOO/XXXO

Mina feebly punches his arm, before trying to find his email address to hack and fill with spam.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Sharon [3/5]

Sharon slugs Mina, not really feebly.

"gently caress you, I brought you food and I am entirely super beautiful. I am so beautiful that the very fact of it is insured for millions upon millions."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

"Hey, my plan was Mongolian barbecue, but they had some kind of a problem."

Da'ud shrugs. Then he looks over at Yotogi, staring for several minutes.

"You know, when my professors wanted to assign us weird homework, it usually involved bodies that were centuries old." Pause. "Do you have any idea how many laws I broke to get you standing again? Two of them were laws of physics."

He sighs.

"No arguments here, Max."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Arthur "Eldritch Burnt" Durandall FP 1/1

"So this entire exercise was for one of those stupid children's television very special episodes?!" Arthur looks like he's about to go wild on Yotogi right the hell now. "Do you know how much poo poo I had to put up with to drag your sorry rear end back to mortality?! I have burns on parts they don't have names for! You...freaking...old man...pretending you run the world!" He throws up his hands. "Just tell me when we're going to raid that manga store..."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Yotogi Kanazawa

Yotogi shrugs again and waves some curry on a fork at Arthur and Da'ud.

"Think about the other benefits, then. You cleared out the Den. With a bit of work the Shinigami can fix that place right up. And they can probably fix Miss Haroukitei. Plus, now Da'ud is one of the few people in the world who can pull off a ritual like that without a major organisation backing them up." Yotogi swallows. "And now we all know about Kaiya's affiliations, so there are no more secrets, I hope."

Kaiya sinks lower in her chair. "Sorry."

Yotogi smiles. "It's all right. Besides, if the Great Race didn't want us to find out they would have told you to deal with that already, yes?"

"... I guess," Kaiya relaxes.

Most of you seem like you're done here so I'll wrap it up next post. :buddy:

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mina Fisher OO/OOO/XXXO

"I'm still going to make your life miserable for like a week or something until I forget to keep doing it."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
Arthur "Eldritch Burnt" Durandall FP 1/1

"You owe us so much in back alley medical bills, old man. So. Much."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
つづく...

Alright, most of you indicated over IRC that you're fine with skipping, so let's do this!

First, here's what happens this milestone: By consensus, we're switching to the Atomic Robo Fate system. You can change any part of your sheet during the switch, and feel free to make Kai Tave or someone do the tricky parts. After I post the start of the next chapter, go ahead and post your new sheets and I'll make a note of it in the OP.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
"You know why we're not popular?" Arata said.

Daisuke didn't bother looking up from his tablet. Arata worried about their sales figures too much.

"Because Nyarlthotekku happened to come along when the world was culturally ready for another series dissecting the standard traits of a generic protagonist and you can't replicate that kind of sales spike?"

"I was going to say it's too meta," Arata said to the ceiling.

Daisuke put the tablet down.

"Arata. Apart from
everything else, we're working on our second videogame adaptation. We're fine."

"I guess," Arata said, "but they take months to get translated. Is the rest of the world not into meta?"

"Who gives a poo poo? You wanted to get meta, I wanted to get meta. If they're not ready, gently caress 'em. Besides, the end's in sight."

"Yeah, I was thinking about that," Arata said. "How would you feel about putting a little of the horror back in?"

"I thought building up to it was the idea. Or do you mean next chapter?"

"Yeah. What I'm thinking of is..."

Arata told him.

Daisuke raised his eyebrows.

"Okay, I'm in."

The next few days are pretty uneventful. Mizuki told you she'll arrange a good time to investigate the store with Arthur, then took the tank who-knows-where; the next day all you hear in the news is that there was an incident on the islands and the government are on it. Everything else is pretty quiet. You don't even get much Soul Network activity—the Disciples just lost their puppet cult and are on the defensive, and everything else is mopped up by some other Network folks.

You end up having most of the week to yourself while you wait for Mizuki.

. . .

Here's how we're going to open this:

First, the last chapter ended in the early hours of Sunday morning, February 12; you have until about Friday 17th to do what you like. Talk to each other, keep in touch with the other mahotaku, research something you've been wondering, whatever. If you're creating any advantages (especially to discover aspects), anything you create goes away when we start the Friday scene. Anything you can recover or refresh with five days off is done.

Also, we're updating to Atomic Robo, so post your new sheets! You can post without them, for example if you're Mors and aren't going to be able to finish until next week, but then I'd like you to edit it into the next post you make after this one so they're all on the same page.

I'm going to throw something at each of you in the meantime too, so try not to have long conversations with each other just yet.

Also, do me a favour and make a note of what item Your Biggest Fan gave you and what it does at the end of your sheet when you post it.

Ettin posted:

:siren: Dubai has changed.

The Universe
Aspect: +Watched By The Government

Assassin's Den
Aspect: Your Worst Nightmares +Abandoned Base

Sons of the Scirocco DEAD

+Anime At The Gates (Threat)

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Arthur Durandall

Arthur decides to let his tagerness do its magic for a while, and pops some painkillers and takes a nice long shower before curling up in his bed to sleep all his troubles away, with hair still wet and his suit off. He promptly spends the next 18 hours or so groaning in pain and banging his head against the pillow as the tager regeneration goes in a much different way than he planned, before finally, blessedly, blacking out.

When he opens his eyes again, the clock/calendar thing on the wall reads late morning Feb. 14th, and he feels...fine. He feels more than fine; this is the best he's felt since the day he was created born! He looks over himself in the mirror. Stronger, sharper...even prettier, he thinks as he smiles to himself. Yes, this would be just fine. First day of the rest of his life, and it's going to be a good one!

Arthur just went from 30 skill points to 43, and the megastunts give a lot more power than the old ones. Let's hope this pulls out in practice!

He dresses in some light clothing, and starts checking for news reports in the past 48 hours of all the Anime at the Gates people. Roger, Loop, Kaiya, Madoka. After a moment, he frowns. Just another day at the office; Valentine's day and nothing's...hang on, doesn't he know a guy? A guy who was ALSO in the intelligence services once? With a big smile, he calls up Arif.

I wonder if Anime at the Gates ever opened a branch in Moscow. Something our ex-FSB friend might know, right? Should I roll contacts?
[20:37:23] <DVAway> !r fudge+4
[20:37:23] <Krysmbot> DVAway, -/+++4 = 5

quote:

Concept: Biseinen OOI Analyst Turned Tager
OOI Analyst: Wake Up, Go to Work, Help Fight Cults
Whisper Tager: Whispers in the Dark
Wargaming Dork: Operation Street Sweeper
Omega: Old Office Interconnections

OOI Analyst: 3
OCCINT, Empathy, Notice, Rapport, Wargaming, Will (7)

Whisper Tager: 2
Athletics, Deceive, Lore, Notice, Physique, Tooth and Claw, Stealth (10)

Wargaming Dork: 1
Athletics, Combat, OCCINT, Notice, Rapport, Stealth, Wargaming (8)

Combat from +1 to +2: 1 point
Empathy from +3 to +4: 1 point
Lore from +2 to +3: 1 point
Tooth and Claw from +2 to +3: 1 point
Deceive from +3 to +4: 1 point

Notice +5
OCCINT, Empathy, Rapport, Wargaming +4
Athletics, Lore, Stealth, Deceive, Tooth and Claw, Will +3
Combat, Physique +2

Phys: OOO
Ment: OOOO

Lore: Three applications (overcome obstacles that require the application of forbidden and/or arcane secrets, create
advantages by applying and exploiting arcane knowledge, defend against attempts to create magic-oriented advantages), mode cost 1.

Wargaming: Two applications (create advantages based on military tactics and strategy, overcome advantages against you based on maneuvering or positioning), mode cost 0

Tooth and Claw: Three applications (like Combat but for being a huge gribbly monster), mode cost 1

OCCINT (Occult Intelligence): Two applications (Create advantages based on prior conventional intelligence, overcome obstacles that require such classified access) mode cost 0

Mega-Stunts:

The Rite of Sacred Union (8 Stunts worth!)
Function: Whisper Tager Transformation
Flaw: Vulnerable to Stross Primes
Tager Transformation: +2 to Athletics and Tooth and Claw while transformed into an inhuman monstrosity.
Chitinous Plates: Armor:2.
Flyer: Use Athletics to fly; ignore all ground-based obstacles when you do.
Ambush Predator: +1 to Stealth to create advantages against unaware opponents, Weapon:2 when fighting unarmed.
Monstrous Speed: Absolutely faster than a normal human (Athletics) but at a cost.
Regeneration: You can recover from any consequence (excluding extreme ones) with no other excuse besides time. Out of combat, you recover from physical consequences as if they were one level lower in severity. In addition, once per scene you can clear off a mild physical consequence without taking any action by spending a fate point.
Tager Senses: Always able to see using sonar, thermal, and X-ray vision (Notice) but at a cost.

Meidonomiphone (Arthur): Keeping in touch with your fans is fun! Once per adventure you can call on Magical Maid Mizuki and access her Laundry mode. This mode has four skills: Combat +3, Mythos +4, Maid +4, and one skill of your choice at +3. Mizuki shows up with everything needed to fulfil your request, including vehicles. You can call on Mizuki again by spending a fate point, or for free if you visit Anime At The Gates and rolls take place there.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 15, 2014

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sun Yue

Yue spends the first eight hours post-Yotogi incident on a bit of rampage. Dragging along whichever of the girls isn't quick enough to escape or clever enough to lose her, she hits up a dozen late night food trucks and hole-in-the-wall eateries, a skate park, a fight club, an arcade, a skate park/fight club, and a video game shop before returning to her houseboat with one each of Moa Burger's entire breakfast menu and a box full of liquor bottles (again, invites/impressments to anyone still standing), and plays video games with Maou until she literally passes out on the couch. Then she sleeps for twelve hours solid.

After downing a half bottles worth of aspirin and about a gallon of water, she decides she needs to get serious. Yue figures the others will be chasing down leads to lay groundwork and reveal background before they go after Anime at the Gates, but she's got access to some external resources. She shakes Maou awake, stuffs a Pizza Taco in her face, and gets a lift back to the Mage Killer Academy. Hopefully her library pass is still good.

Going to be doing some research at the academy, both classic archive dive and asking the faculty and other shinigami to see what people know about the manga(s) and the shop(s). Rolls included in case needed.

Lore
[23:15] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, -+//+3 = 3

Contacts
[23:15] <Krysmbot> Gorbash, /+//+2 = 3

Character Sheet posted:

Sun Yue

Aspects:
Concept: Death God With a Side of Wuxia
Youxia: Kung Fu Prodigy
Intrigue: Shinigangnam Style
Action: Chronic Hero Syndrome
Omega: The Way to the Heart is Through the Stomach

Fate Points: OOOOO

Skills:
pre:
		Youxia (+3)		Intrigue (+2)		Action (+1)
Superb (+5)	Athletics, Combat
		Notice

Great (+4)	Stealth

Good (+3)	Lore, Will		

Fair (+2)				Burglary, Contacts,	Vehicles
					Deceive

Average (+1)							Physique, Provoke
Youxia: Athletics, Combat, Lore, Notice, Stealth, Will
Specialized: Athletics, Combat, Notice
Focused: Stealth, Vehicles

Stunts:

Meditation of Insight: By meditating when you have a moment to breathe and concentrate, you can spend a fate point to use Will in place of any other skill to overcome an obstacle.

Unfettered Movement: You have a +2 bonus to Athletics to Overcoming physical obstacles based on obstruction or poor footing. You can also move one zone further than normal whenever you do move.

Zen Direction: You can spend a fate point to show up at a scene you were not present at previously, no matter how improbable your arrival would be.

Fate Defying Virtue [Soul Relic]

Artifact posted:

Aspects:
Function: Sorcery Slaying Sword
Flaw: Bound to Yue's Soul

Mega-Stunts (5 benefits):

Ghost Cutter: Attacks made with the sword ignore occult based proofs, though armor still applies.
Lightning Strike: In a physical conflict, you always act first. If someone else in the conflict has a stunt that gives them the same ability, make an Athletics roll to see who goes first. You are absolutely faster than a normal human, but at a cost.
Magical Sword: +1 to attack in Combat when fighting in melee; Weapon: 2.

(Total benefits: 8 - 5 = 3 fate points to the GM’s reserve.)

Stress:
Physical OOOO
Mental OOO

Example Trigger: The Networking Stunt posted:

Thrash Override (Loop's Radical Skateboard): +2 to Create an Advantage with Athletics, but only if you do a sick ollie or something while you're at it.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 8, 2015

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Maximina

After a night like that, Maximina decides that what she really needs to do is get in touch with her core values. After returning to her borrowed Dubai apartment -- a cousin's cousin's penthouse in one of the middling tall towers overlooking the bay -- she sleeps like the dead for twelve hours. After getting up and fixing a massive breakfast of you-don'y-want-to-know, it's time to hit the streets; and by streets, she means the salon. Maximina phones up every old friend and relative who might be in town, leaning on a lifetime of boarding school experience to rack up favors. Over the next several days she's treated to a manicure, a makeover, a shopping spree, tapas, mineral baths, brunch at Il Duce's, and a terrifying karaoke experience that will never be mentioned again, during which she trades gossip for gossip with the children of bigwigs and their sycophants.

It's good to be not-poors, and there's no better city to be not-poors in than this one.

Sometime during all this, Maximina tries to half-heartedly put together the picture of what the government is doing about that whole "random terrorist attack on the island" thing.

Looks like Arthur and Sun Yue have the store covered pretty well, so Maximina tries to discover what level of government scrutiny they've brought on themselves.

Contacts: 4dF+5 = 5

quote:

Maximina Von Gilgamesh

Aspects:
Concept: Monster-eating Big Game Hunter
Monster Hunter: One Woman Army
Aristocrat: Extremely British
Fine Young Cannibal: Front Toward Everyone
Omega: Are You Going To Eat That?

Physical Stress OOOO
Mental Stress OOO

Modes:

Monster Hunter +3 “One Woman Army”
Athletics, Combat, Notice, Physique, Provoke, The Most Dangerous Game = 8

Aristocrat +2 “Extremely British”
Contacts, Rapport, Deceive, The Most Dangerous Game, Provoke, Combat, Will, Empathy =12

Fine Young Cannibal +1 “Front Toward Everyone”
The Most Dangerous Game, Provoke, Combat, Deceive, Physique = 7

Weird Skill: The Most Dangerous Game
* Overcome obstacles created by or pertaining to mythos creatures, such as knowing how to evade supernatural senses or the right way to wrangle a Byakhee
* Create advantages based on knowledge of monsters and magical things, like the weaknesses of Mi-Go or how to grill Dhole
* Create advantages by putting yourself in an ideal position for an attack or ambush in a conflict, or by laying traps

Skills
Combat +5
Provoke +5
The Most Dangerous Game +5
Athletics +4
Notice +4
Physique +4
Contacts +3
Deceive +3
Empathy +2
Rapport +2
Will +2

Math: 27 points in modes. 3 points spent raising Athletics, Contacts, and Notice by 1 each.

Stunts

Regeneration: Once per scene, you can reduce one of your consequences by one degree of severity (severe to major, major to mild, mild to nothing) by gaining the Ravenously Hungry aspect (with free compel). Feeding on mythos creatures removes this aspect.

Inhuman Speed (2 benefits): In a physical conflict, you always act first. If someone else in the conflict has a stunt that gives them the same ability, make an Athletics roll to see who goes first.. Also, you have Absolute Agility -- you always overcome ordinary physical obstacles that can be overcome with Athletics -- but not when Ravenously Hungry.

Bag of Guns: +1 to attack with Combat where a specific type of gun or ammunition would really come in handy, Weapon 2.

The Benefits of Good Breeding: +2 to create advantages with Contacts when dealing with people who are wealthy or British or both.

Stolen Shinigami Sword: This is not an actual stunt, but Maximina thinks that her stolen sword bestows magical powers, which it does not.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon-715

Sharon finally gets to go party.

pre:
Sharon-715

Core Concept: Literally Manufactured Pop Singer
Global Media Sensation
Words Pressing on Your Brainstem
Great PR Team
Weird Anatomy

Physical: OOO
Mental: OOOO

MODES

Another Fine Product of B/PbAML +3
	Athletics +4
	Combat +3
	Contacts +5
	Empathy +4
	Performance +4
	Provoke +4
	Rapport +4
	Will +5

Banter +2
	Deceive +3

Intrigue +1
	Burglary +1
	Notice +1
	Stealth +1

Stunts

Sociopathic Confidence: Use Will to defend or overcome outside of 
normal contexts, but only in situations where it is patently ridiculous to 
do so (Megastunt, 2 stunts worth)

Media Sensation: Absolutely a better Performer than any human,
but at the cost of being weak to PR conditioning.

Gear: Built-in concert rig - +1 to Performance when singing or
building audio-visual backgrounds. Can use Performance to attack in combat situations 
by generating loud noises.

grassy gnoll fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 14, 2014

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud ibn Husam al Din

Da'ud spends the week relaxing. He works on a paper for the Diogenes Club Journal of Occult Sciences based on what he learned from the resurrection ritual. He goes out for tapas with Maximina. He also dedicates some time to putting in research on the anime store, as promised - consulting with ghosts and hobnobbing with the Diogenes Club and other rich people to find out what he can. He also spends some time with his family. Not too much, though. Just enough.

Contacts: [14:01] <Krysmbot> MorsRattus, /-/++4 = 4
Necromancy: [14:01] <Krysmbot> MorsRattus, -++/+5 = 6

quote:

Aspects:
Concept: Dubai's Richest Freelance Sorcerer
Necromancer: Oxford School of Postmortem Thaumatology
Moneyed Interests: The Family Business Is Interplanetary
Graduate Student: Published In The Diogenes Club Journal
Omega: Only The Best

FP: 5/5

Modes:
Necromancer +3
(All Occult skills, Will, Notice, Sorcery)
Cost: 4

Moneyed Interests +2
(Contacts, Rapport, Deceive, Provoke, Empathy, Will)
Cost: 9

Graduate Student +1
(Athletics, Contacts, Lore: Anthropology, Rapport, Will, Notice)
Cost: 6

Weird Skill: Sorcery:
Attack physically by controlling the elements.
Apply arcane power to bypass obstacles, like tearing down walls, using lightning to short out electrical systems or otherwise using brute arcane force to command the elements.
Create advantages by commanding the elements directly.
Defend physically by controlling the elements (but only against ranged attacks).

Skills:
pre:
		Necromancer (+3)	Moneyed Interests (+2)	Grad Student (+1)
Superb (+5)	Will, Necromancy,
		Sorcery

Great (+4)	Notice, Anthropology	Contacts

Good (+3)	All Other Lores		Rapport, Deceive,		
					Empathy

Fair (+2)				Provoke			Athletics
(Skills: Specialize Sorcery, Specialize Necromancy, Specialize Contacts, Focus Deceive, Focus Athletics, Focus Empathy)

Stunts:

Sorcerous Railgun: Weapon: 2 when using Sorcery or Weapon: 4 but at a cost. +2 to attack with Sorcery when using electrical magic.

Platinum Cards: Use Contacts to overcome when relying on money or family connections to open doors or get materials.

Speaker to the Dead: +1 when using Necromancy or Anthropology during a brainstorm.

Classically Educated Wizard: When you invoke a fact someone else created during a brainstorm, you get an additional +2.

Ritualist: When creating an invention spell with more than one mega-stunt, it can have one benefit for free (no catch attached) as long as you have access to a sufficiently old and powerful ritual object.

Physical: ()()
Mental: ()()()()()

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 18, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mina Fisher

Unsatisfied with that peasant food, Mina spends most of the weekend in a series of increasingly high profile scams, burglaries, and data-thefts, all building up for one night at the most decadent dining establishments imaginable on this or any other plane of existence. The rough cost is more then several countries could afford.

When next you see her she's still running off that night. Her eyes are a bit dazed, and she smells faintly of something that doesn't exist on Earth, but is probably similar to roses.

Aspects:
Concept: Technomancer Cybercriminal
Technomancer: Infovore.exe Trojan Horse
Intrigue: She of Many Faces
Banter: Let Me Tell You How Awesome I Am
Omega: Got a Lifestyle to Maintain

Fate Points: OOOOO

pre:
		Technomancer (+3)	Intrigue (+2)		Banter (+1)
Superb (+5)	Technomancy, Deceive
		Burglary
Great (+4)	Notice			
Good (+3)	Occult Groups		Contacts, Stealth		
Fair (+2)				Athletics 		Empathy, Will
Average (+1)							Provoke, Rapport
Technomancer: Technomancy, Burglary, Deceive, Occult Groups, Notice (4)

Weird Skill: Technomancy
* Overcome - obstacles by taking control of technological devices or hacking the internets
* Create Advantage - by utilizing tech-magic to mess with modern day objects

Stunts

Nice When You Don't Get to Know Her: When in disguise, Mina uses Deceive instead of Rapport to Overcome
The Illest of Gotten Goods: Mina can use Burglary to Overcome by throwing bling at the problem until it goes away
Brick Wall Dot Exe: So long as Mina has net access, she can use Technomancy to defend against ranged attacks
Eldritch Echoes: Absolutely more technically minded then any other human (Technomancy), but at a cost
SOME OTHER loving FEAT GOES HERE TOMORROW SORRY WRITERS BLOCK :(

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 18, 2014

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
:siren: Encounter time! :siren:

Also, rewriting your items as mega-stunts OOC.

Arthur (Dubai)

• Roger and Madeleine are fine, and haven't been in the news!
• Loop seems to have disappeared...
• During the break, Kaiya makes a public announcement that she's taking a brief sabbatical from music for personal reasons. Sounds like someone managed to wrangle time off from her boss!
• Madoka's surprise-cancelled a couple gigs and her fans are worried, but other than that, nothing.

Arif does some digging for you, and comes back with this:

"(So I couldn't find any stores with that name, but then I ran a search for the logo and check this out: It's a franchise that names each store differently. There's Anime At The Gates in Dubai, Behind Anime Lines in Miami and The Anime Within in Shanghai. No other stores exist with that logo, nobody's done any variations on it.)"

"(No idea who owns them.)"

How does Arthur act on this info?

Sun Yue (Mage Killer Master Academy, Shinigami Society, Dreamlands)

Sun Yue doesn't make much progress in the archives with the information she knows, and not just because the librarians mistake Maou for a bakeneko intruder at first. She makes a little more progress with the Shinigami, though, and her friend Kaizo Mojibake (one of the few members of the Technological Development Department's Computational Sorcery Division) ends up showing her an older manga: Nyarlathotekku Classic.

Time for Transeldritch to pass some info up! Sun Yue learns everything Transeldritch has about that manga, except as far as she can tell Akuma is dead or gone. What are you gonna do?

Maximina (Maximina's Bedroom)

Nobody suspects the group, but Maximina hears from her friends with government contacts that some bigshot OOI agent visiting Dubai was murdered near the Universe by the Disciples recently and there's been a retaliatory crackdown. A few days later, some major Disciples arrests even make the news. That's just the kind of service you get when you call Takemikazuchi!

The weird thing happens during the week, in the middle of the night. Just as Maximina is sleeping, she's startled by a hissing in the corner:

This loving guy! He doesn't have Nth Degree Burns or Ballistic Trauma this time, but this loving guy.

Surprise! It's the same loving Hound again! What do you do?

Sharon (Sharon's Place)

One night/morning, as Sharon is getting ready to sleep finally, someone raps on her door.

When she answers, she finds Mizuki Hoshikuma. She's clearly cold, tired and cranky, but she looks pleased to see you. And she has a package under her arm.

"Hi, Sharon. Can I come in? It is freezing out here."

Da'ud (Da'ud's Place)

Let's talk about the results of those rolls next time we meet on IRC! Results next time I post.

So there Da'ud is, minding his own business and doing some magic, when someone raps on his door.

When he answers, he finds Kaiya Harajuku. She is looking awkward, for some reason. Maybe it's because she is an actual murderer.

"Hey." Kaiya rubs the back of her neck. "Listen, I need to know if we're still... you know, working together? After that?"

Mina (Mina's Lair)

Late one rainy night, as Mina works on some hacking bullshit, someone knocks a little too gently on her door.

When she answers, she finds Madoka Madoka. She looks like she hasn't slept or changed outfits since you last saw her. Who knows what she's been up to.

"Hi, Mina. Um... C-can I borrow your DVDs?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mina Fisher

Before Madoka can react, Mina has grabbed her, hauled her into her apartment, and draped an arm around the girl.

"Dok-doks. You look like hot poo poo. I ain't lending you nuthin' until you wash yo'self, dress yo'self, check yo'self, then tell me yo'self. Uh, what you been doin', that is."

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 22, 2014

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

Sharon answers the door in what look like medical scrubs and a hastily-thrown-on wig. Her eyes are bloodshot and something in one of her implants is shooting a field of greenish heart shapes into the air around her head at random.

"Nnnm." She steps out of the door, allowing entrance. It takes a while for her to focus on Mizuki's face. "Sure. What? Which one are you?"

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sun Yue

Yue reads through the manga a few times, making notes. Then she makes Maou read them too to make sure she hasn't missed anything, and makes totally legit scans for research purposes to show the others. Then she goes looking for Furezu Mawaru.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Arthur Durandall FP 5-1?/5, Tim's Curry

Arthur had insisted to Arif that their next meeting should be face to face in a trusted spot to avoid online taps and suchlike, since anime stuff on social media always attracts interested eyes. Arif accepted that without any further comment. He had raised an eyebrow when Arthur forwarded him the address and conditions...

"(Dinner and drinks, Arthur? Seriously? People will think we're together.)"

"(Better they think we're boyfriends than spies,)" Arthur responds easily between bites of paneer. "(Just like at Mansoury's party. Besides, you look like you're enjoying it.)"

"(I won't turn down a free dinner, anyways. Did you do this a lot with the OOI?)"

Arthur grins. "(Less than I'd have liked, Arif...)"

Can I spend an FP to make Arif a permanent supporting NPC? It seems like a good way to play off of Old Office Interconnections, and give Arthur ready access to stuff that Da'ud's money and Maximina's family can't. Anyhoo, skipping to the info giving part...

"(...I can't help but notice that all of those names are puns with 'enemy', Arif. And they're all from bad movies from the 20th century.)"

"(Don't look at me, I didn't name them. So, uh, what's this have to do with me?)"

"(There's been a lot of weirdness going on in Dubai since the Chinese New Year. Occult weirdness. And it's all relates back to Anime at the Gates. Figure an intelligence agent like you would be interested.)"

"(And here I thought I'd gotten out of that business...)"

"(For prettyboy security to a dead wizard? Come on, man, you're better than that. We should look into these other stores in Miami and Shanghai. If they're anything like here, there'll be occult incidents centered around those places like hell.)"

"(Your place or mine, then?)"

"(Huh?)"

"(I'm ex-FSB, Arthur. I'm not stupid, I knew this was a date from the start.)"

Well, Arif, let's keep the "date" rolling with some OCCINT to look into these other places of interest.
[18:48:51] <Davin_Valkri> !r fudge+4
[18:48:52] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, /++++4 = 7
EDIT: Oh, yes, Arthur got a book from the last adventure, didn't he. Let's use that too.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 26, 2014

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Maximina FP 5

Ladylike snores fill the darkness in her suite at the Hotel d'Continentaux, where Maxi lies sprawled out on top of the bed in a vintage t-shirt and pajama bottoms.

The click of talons on kitchenette tiles.

Maximina vaults up out of bed to perch on the headboard in a single involuntary motion. Motion-sensors hooked to incandescent lamps fill the hotel room with dazzling brightness. Her hand scoops up something from underneath her pillow. All the popular girls had laughed at her, in finishing school, for sleeping with a sawn-off nagant with custom-loaded hot.388 magnum ammo underneath her pillow every night. What, did she think she'd get attacked by bears in the middle of the night?

Maximina drills the Tindalos with a magnum load. "Who's laughing now, Dierdre?! Who's laughing now?"

Combat: 4dF+6 = 8, Weapon 2

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jun 26, 2014

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

Da'ud answers his door dressed, for once, not in the most stylish clothes he owns.

They're just the fourth most stylish, because he's writing papers.

"Hi." Pause. "I know I have charisma oozing out my pores, but I don't actually need ladies on my doorstep all the time, really. Plus, you know, I have a girlfriend." He blinks, then looks out at the hall. Well, this shouldn't be trouble, really. He can call for help if needed, his phone is plugged into the apartment. "Anyway, uh...come on in, this is not a hallway talk. You want coffee? I have coffee."

Moments later, with coffee, he has taken a seat on a very expensive ocuch. "Personally, I don't hold a grudge here, and neither did the old man, but...well, thinks might be kind of trouble with the others maybe? I think some of them are a little annoyed. But I can talk to people about that."

Da'ud downs most of his coffee in one go.

"I can try to smooth things over. But, uh...you realize, despite what it might seem, I'm not actually in charge, right? I don't think anyone is." Pause. "...they just listen to me about stuff because I'm the guy who knows how magic works."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Mina

Madoka rubs her face. "Nothing, nothing. Just..."

"Well Kaiya and I talked and we made up, then I checked the book to make sure everything was okay, then she helped me set up some wards around my place, then I found Yotogi with the book and we talked and he helped me set up some other stuff, then I checked the book and everyone was fine, so I fixed my dubstep stuff just in case, then I did some shopping, then I did some, um, other reading, then I tried sleeping but I guess something woke me up so I went to the store but Mizuki wasn't there so I went home and did some reading and then some other stuff then I thought maybe if I could see the future too I could make sure nobody got hurt and maybe the items combine like Voltron or something then I came here."

Sharon

"Mizuki. I'm the help."

She holds out the package. "This is probably gonna be weird, but I was wondering if you'd trade the soundtrack you got from the Boss. For this other thing from the store."

Sun Yue

Furezu isn't hard to find—like a lot of Shinigami, she spends a lot of time on Oriab even though she's based out of Earth. Sun Yue catches up with her the next day, in the courtyard of the Technological Development Department. Only TDD members are allowed into the actual buildings, but what goes on in those pagodas is probably pretty boring anyway.

Furezu Mawaru

Aspects: Shinigami Kotodama Mage, Seattle Soul Node, Technological Development Department Junior

Furezu doesn't react much when Sun Yue approaches her, but Yue does get a bow. "Hello. Can I help you?"

Arthur

Sure!

Information on the other stores is hard to come by and mostly boring, but there is one odd thing about them: They appear to be operated by Mizuki and Sully. Specifically, Mizuki operates the Shanghai store. You can get pictures of her working there at times that would be impossible if she's travelling by mundane means.

Maximina

The Hound takes the consequence Ballistic Trauma and concedes.

Maximina somehow inflicts the exact same bullet wounds she saw on the Hound earlier, before it dashes to another corner and seems to disappear inside it. She might have no idea what that was about, but it felt right.

Alright, what does she want to do now? It can be unrelated!

Da'ud

"What?" Kaiya raises her eyebrows. "Dude, no! I meant do you trust me?"

Kaiya mellows out a little over coffee. "No, no, you don't have to put yourself out. I'm just asking because... well, I'm looking for somewhere to lay low for a few days. Where the Society can't bother me. Or my agent. I just need some time to think."

"It's cool if you don't want to or it's not a safe place or whatever, I got other plans."

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Sun Yue

Yue returns the bow properly. "I need to know about the incidents surrounding the original Nyarlathotekku manga. The store is back and I've become caught up in the events surrounding it with some colleagues in the Soul Network."

Yue knows how to be proper! She spent a lot of time in remedial classes to make it stick. Though she does undermine the effect a bit by hopping from foot to foot impatiently.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mina Fisher

"If you want my stupid-rear end videos then go for it, they all cryptic and poo poo. But Dok-dok you gotta promise me, if poo poo goes down, you ain't just chargin' in on your lonesome miss lonesome cowboy of the lonesome ol' west. We OGs for life now, we gotta stick together. Also, you sound mad cray. Not cool sweet cray but lovely cray. So here's what's going to go down."

Mina's apartment-wide sound system starts to subtly play some technomantic tunes designed to lull her and put her to sleep.

"You spending the night here. Maybe more then one. Then we gonna TALK about your paranoia. And then and only then am I going to - oh ok it worked."

Mina watches Madoka crumple to the floor, then picks her up and deposits her into a cupboard that turns into a small guest room.

"Get some rest you crazy-rear end hobag. Don't get me worrying and poo poo."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Sharon

"Sure," Sharon says, reaching out for the package.

Sharon's Dubai apartment is, strictly speaking, lavishly appointed. It's one of BP-bAML's waystations for its acts and crew all over the world. It's also about as lived-in as a furniture showroom.

The sole signs of her habitation here are a couple of supplement wrappers on the kitchen counter, some hospital slippers at the foot of the bed, and some junk on the bedside table.

Not that the relative lack of human detritus has stopped Sharon from using the soundtrack box as a coaster.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Arthur Durandall FP 4/5, Arthur's Apartment

"How the devil?" Arthur scratches his head with the tablet stylus at his new information. "This can't be right!"

"(Did you actually find something?)" Arif asks from the kitchen, flipping through an anime collector's guidebook with one hand and disparagingly turning away a bottle of rose with the other. "(I didn't think Western intelligence would be so...boring.)"

"(This lady here, she lives here, I know she's here. I see her...often. And yet here she is running a store in Shanghai, at the same darn time.)"

"(Huh...twins?)"

"(Don't think so.)" Arthur suddenly stands up dramatically. "You know what, we're never going to get anywhere like this. Everything comes back to that store. We need to get inside. Call up your friends, I'll call mine. We want someone in the controller's seat for this, and my contacts are more...direct action types."

"You mean Mansoury's party." Arif notes back snarkily.

"Yes, I mean the party. We're definitely going to raid Anime at the Gates soon--maybe the weekend, maybe a bit earlier. Can I count on you for van support?" Arthur extends his hand to shake on it half professionally, half...not professionally.

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 1, 2014

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

"Eh..." Da'ud waggles his hand. "Kind of? You seem okay enough when you aren't having to murder people for undisclosed reasons. Anyway, if it's just a day or two you can camp out on my couch, sure. I'll just call Max and tell her so she isn't freaked out if she comes over."

Da'ud shrugs.

"You need longer than that, I'll call one of my cousins or siblings and see if they want a housesitter while they're out of town. One of 'em will say yes."

He grins.

"So...sure, I'll trust you that far." He decides not to tag on a threat for if she betrays that trust. He's a wizard, that's implied.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Maximina

Maximina looks at the wall, then down to her gun, then back to the wall where the great hound disappeared, leaving behind a thin sheen of ichor. "Oh." She slaps her forehead. "Oh, doy! Of course."

Maximina kicks a couple of chairs, then grabs a phone. "Hey Little Mina," she says, "Some stupid monster woke me up and now I can't sleep. Wanna go do something non-nerdy until the sun comes up?"

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Mina Fisher

"Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit yes. Let me finish putting little baby Madoka to bed, shhhhh, only happy dreams now, shush. She totes crashed my place looking all cray so I put her to sleep. She's in a cabinet now, but it's also a bed. So whatchu wanna do? Get some boys? Crash some stupid fancy shindig? Steal, like, a billion dollars?"

Maximina hears knocking on the door!

"Oh, I'm at your place now be tee dubs."

Mina is at the door. She's wearing a somewhat ratty T-shirt with "BOOTY GAME TOO STRONG" on it, her stupidly long hair is in the trademark braids, her jeans are ripped, and you're pretty sure the bracelet she has on is both still being searched for by the police and is worth more then the entire apartment complex.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 2, 2014

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Maximina

Maximina answers the door in sandals, leather pants, and a vintage T-shirt: "ONE DIRECTION: 2075 'Bigger Than Jesus' Reunion Tour". She looks little Mina up and down, and decides not to comment on the kidnapped Madoka. "I was just woken up at three in the morning," she announces. "I need to be drunk or commit horrible violence or both." She pins back her hair with a pair of chopsticks. "Nice bracelet."

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
:siren:

Final Round!

Last round! Heads up: Once you've posted your last actions before the adventure, I will get around to posting rewrites of your special items for you to edit into your sheets in place of those pics, then we're going straight to Anime At The Gates. Please respond in the next few days. :getin:

Sun Yue (Furezu Mawaru)

Furezu winces her lip and nods.

"Ah, I thought so. You're the second person to ask about that too."

She bows her head. "Of course. It started with Captain Kozukahara..."

Sun Yue learns about Furezu's (now regrettable) part in the original NyarlathoTech, Shinji, and everything else Transeldritch knows. This includes Murasaki Shiro, if mistaya is okay with it. We can talk about what that means!

"...And that's what I know. Murasaki Shiro knows more, of course."

"I hope I haven't offended you."

Mina, Maximina (A Wild Party)

Okay, here's what I want for your last post: Describe how you party and whether you drag any other PCs/NPCs along. The two of you can either place an aspect with a free invoke to start the next adventure with, or (discover and) create two invokes on an NPC's aspect.

Sharon

Mizuki makes the swap! Sharon opens it up and finds... a collection of doujin.

"Oh," Mizuki says, like she just saw it for the first time and doesn't care. Then she leans against a wall. "I'll be out of your hair in a minute, just resting my legs. The Boss is really riding me today..."

Anything Sharon wants to ask/do with her? If not, what else does she do that week?

Da'ud

"That's enough," Kaiya says. "And... y'know... if you need me for anything I can make a double to do it. Magic, music, whatever."

She yawns. "After I lie down. After all this poo poo I just wanna sleep..."

After his investigations and chat with Kaiya, Da'ud can place two free invokes on NPC or location aspects representing either a) some connection to the plot that Da'ud thinks is important b) some connection to Da'ud that Da'ud thinks is important.

Arthur

Arif shakes!

Anyone else you want to talk to before the store trip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Da'ud

"Sounds good. The apartment's wired, so you can ask the virutal secretary or whatever for what you need."

Da'ud taps a few buttons on his phone, securing the parts that he doesn't want Kaiya to poke around in. (Mostly his library.) Then he calls Maximina.

"Hey, Max, you there?"

• Locked thread