Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gschmidl posted:

LS or normal?

Normal. LS is cool and all, but not at that price tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Lowness 72 posted:

I love VPs. My favorite is the blue carbonesque or whatever it's called. However I hate the ink capacity. Makes it difficult to effectively use at work and I've had converters get stuck and break on me when trying to remove them. Kind of soured me on the pen.

Yeah, Pilot converters are universally lovely. Even the CON-70 is an over-engineered pile of... ok it works decently enough, better than the CON-40, but both of them fail to do what every other pen company does just fine. The CON-70 has a gently caress you ink capacity for a converter though, which is cool.

Though I did stick the con-40 from my VP in my plumix because sure, I can use the "agitation balls" with Nitrogen (incoming "DUMP THAT INK" from I think Heath)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, having spent a day with the VP at work, it's definitely heftier than my Curidas, but I think it's a much better writing experience beyond that.

Not entirely used to the push button on it, but that's also because the one on the Curidas is too long for it's own good.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Why pay that much when you can get the same thing as a drug store for 5 bucks, and you get it today instead of when only the the gods know.

I mean poo poo, Anderson sells a two pack for 4.50.

https://andersonpens.com/5ml-blunt-tip-syringes-2-pack/

iospace fucked around with this message at 13:38 on May 6, 2021

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How the hell is the preppy so good at loving 5 dollars?

I mean it's cheap otherwise but it writes really well for the cost.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

grack posted:

Oh no.

Something terrible has happened.

I've managed to purchase a *gasps* classy, understated Delta

An ebonite lever-filler? From Delta? How did this monstrosity come about???

Better question:

HOW DOES IT WRITE?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I was out riding yesterday and thought of Grack

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

howe_sam posted:

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what brand of ink I was playing with today?

I'll do one better: nitrogen?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Abyss posted:

Probably won't be as bad as the Hagoromo chalk incident.

The who what now?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, i hate money. Evidence in a couple of days.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alder posted:

I mean are you really living if you can't order fancy stationery on whim?

Oh it's more then that.

A preview!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

They're good, OP.

Also order from them directly and get a bunch of goodies.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

... gently caress do I journey into downtown Chicago to go to a pen shop tomorrow?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Heath posted:

Yeah? Is there a reason why you shouldn't? Covid doesn't count

Driving in downtown Chicago is rear end.

Chip McFuck posted:

Which one are you thinking of going to? I love Atlas's wall of notebooks. I'm sad that Anderson's is closed, but I heard they're reopening it next month!

See that's what I'd likely get, though I have a nice one en route already!

Also I'd rather go up to Anderson up in Appleton. Yeah further drive but you don't deal with downtown Chicago.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I hate money.

I now have one of these on order

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gschmidl posted:

Is this the LE or the clicky one?

Clicky, only type they had in that color.

Actually I got lucky I went in person to Atlas, because they were sold out online and had reserved a couple for in person visits... of which I nabbed. :getin:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh and I forgot to mention I picked up a demonstrator Monza with an omniflex nib.

E:

iospace fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 1, 2021

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, I have decided that the Homo Sapien is my grail pen, namely the Blizzard one.

Want so bad.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ok, so. I have a dilemma:

What ink to get for the black ice VP? Obviously it has to be a blue-black ink, and while I do have 54th Mass on hand already, it's a medium nib and 54th Mass is wet as all hell, so I'm thinking of something drier. Any suggestions?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

howe_sam posted:

https://www.gouletpens.com/collections/all-ink/products/colorverse-extreme-deep-field-ngc-1850-65ml-15ml-bottled-ink?variant=39270218301483. I've personally never tried this specific one, but Colorverse makes good ink in general, the swab looks good, and you get a shimmer ink as well.

Hmm, I'm definitely intrigued!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Xun posted:

Haha I just spent a few hours tracking down ink reviews of tono&lins inks and bought like 4 inks in various shades of blue :shepspends:

One of us, one of us

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That's also on the radar, and it would be pilot ink going into a pilot pen :v:. I have a week to figure it out.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm planning on picking up/preordering a Techo this Friday when I head back to Atlas.

I promised a coworker I'd get her a preppy!

iospace fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 5, 2021

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And the ink that's going in the Black Ice Vanishing Point is...

Robert Oster Fire and Ice. :getin:

Couldn't resist putting an ink with "ice" in the name in a pen with "ice" in it as well.

iospace fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Sep 6, 2021

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

A package from Turkey arrived!

And since I'm left handed...

I put the notebook in backwards!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gschmidl posted:

Celebrating successful LASIK by seeing this pen

Aww poo poo. Waiting on mine to come in!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gschmidl posted:

The CON-40 is indeed not optimal, but I prefer that being the only bad thing about Pilot pens to, like, cracking. I'd just fill it with a syringe.

Yeah, I have the cart drying right now, which I'm gonna syringe fill.

I already do for my other VP :v:

(Well, eye dropper fill once it empties out, gonna switch that to Heart of Darkness :getin:)

Keetron posted:

That shading :discourse:

It is an absolutely gorgeous ink, that's for sure!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah he's a loon.

But some of his inks are fantastic and they're drat cheap

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Heath posted:

Now we just need Dr. Bronner's to get it on the ink game

I looked him up once.

He lost his family to the Holocaust and was put through electroshock treatments (which he thought made him blind) :smith:

But he somehow never lost faith in humanity, and still believed there was good in everyone despite that :unsmith:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Got mine today!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I forgot how cursed nitrogen is

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ok so, I have a bit of a bad writing pen. It's a Karas Vertex, and it seems to have zero sweet spot at all. It hard starts like mad, and I used pen flush on it to no avail. I did notice that the tipping seems to be asymmetrical, and was wondering if that could cause it.

It's a Bock steel fine nib for what it's worth, and I have a medium that works just fine.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

grack posted:

The tipping is pinched together and impeding ink flow. The nib needs to be adjusted.

How much would that repair go for, unless it's something I could potentially do at home?

(Also I'm shocked I managed to get that much detail on that photo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alright, they're 25 bucks a pop then from Karas so I'll just order a new one.