Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

Temple of the Red

Good God this is so uninspired. What was the point in having a theme of amusement parks and their rides if Miranda doesn't even incorporate them somehow beyond anthropomorphization? It's not even that hard, have them live in/on attractions and if there was more than one coaster on the track or a multitude of bumpercars in the original ride make that what they view as family/clans/whathaveyou. This is something I just pulled out of my rear end a second ago and would be more worldbuilding and imaginative than just using human architecture. Are details that don't incorporate and fellate gary stu Railrunner that hard to come up with? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

Railrunner is revealing to Thunderbark Moonblood's sword. What is Thunderbark feeling and thinking? My guess is that he's afraid, because now Railrunner is armed with magic sword.

gently caress this perspective.

Honestly it looks more like he's thinking "Oh golly gee look another deus ex machina, who woulda thunk".
...which is pretty much shared with the reader, anyway.

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

And now her seat piercing has disappeared. Given that Miranda forgot about Railrunner's tattoos once, it's no wonder that a decorative useless character looks inconsistent.

"Reference sheets? Pshaw! I know my characters by heart! :downs:"

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

Iced Cocoa posted:

Now this thing is gold! At least three good things have come out of this. There is Bobbin's Fanfiction (and his new and improved about-to-be-published book), Djeser's :stonk: Fanfiction and The Project. I never thought there would be anything good that came out of this. Now I kinda want to do a reading of Djeser's fanfic but I'm afraid my voice and my nonexistent acting skill would be terrible for that kind of horror story. :ohdear:

Go for it! It certainly couldn't get as bad or worse than the book itself. :allears:

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011
I was at an amusement park today and I cringed every time I saw a red rollercoaster train. :sigh:

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

But Miranda Leek Thunderbark said that “However, we have technology that is far more advanced than any humans". Are you calling her him a liar, hmm?

Buttchairs are the height of technology.

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

I thought the statue in the background was a live character at first. It says a lot when the only non-smug figure you can draw is a hunk of stone. :geno:

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

The whole "train dragons" thing isn't even that original. It's only a more smug, murderous, furry version of Thomas the Tank engine and friends or "Starlight Express".

I'd unironically watch a murderous Thomas the Tank engine.

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

Mr.Radar posted:

How timely for this video to pop up in the Locomotive Insanity thread in AI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MUzA3RmeIM

I guess wishes really do come true! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011
^^^So all anyone ever needed to do was to shoot Railrunner in the back. Tell me again how humans have managed to survive in Mirandas world. :cripes:

• Locked thread