Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

If we assume that MMPR Red is Jason by virtue of being the first one, does that mean that Turbo Red is actually Tommy?

There are little info bits you can click on the corner of the cards to see who is what ranger and Turbo Red is apparently TJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Professor Thomas Oliver was the black ranger that year.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOYjvL6dh5w

I hate puns. I actually like what they did with Waltz for the most part, he's a sarcastic rear end in a top hat that loves poking fun at sentai/PR tropes. I am incredibly amused at the "shortcuts" they use to get around footage problems.

"Knock me out of legendary mode" however is dumb. Especially mentioning it twice.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
If I were a kid I don't know how I'd put up with the constant screaming. Are they making this show for children with ADHD? Do they just assume all children have ADHD?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Tae posted:

"Knock me out of legendary mode" however is dumb. Especially mentioning it twice.

Hey I'm just impressed they actually did something with the original Megaforce suits in this episode instead of morphing into them just to immediately go to pirate mode two seconds later.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Flameingblack posted:

Do they just assume all children have ADHD?

Yes. It's why it's so rare in dubs for there to be a lull in what's happening.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Pyroi posted:

Well, the answer is quite simple, and can be answered very easily--LOOK, SOMETHING SHINY!

I see you've become Gosei's pupil in avoiding plot points that are really kinda important.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oof. I stood there looking at Time Force Pink vs Mystic Force Green for like 20 minutes.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Senerio posted:

Oof. I stood there looking at Time Force Pink vs Mystic Force Green for like 20 minutes.

Time Force Pink, obviously.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah, that's who I wound up going for, but Plan Xander almost worked.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Senerio posted:

Yeah, that's who I wound up going for, but Plan Xander almost worked.

Was it the Muscles?

But yeah, TF Pink needs more support, apparently going against a male ranger has doomed her chances.

Fake edit: Apparently I was mistaken, she's bounced back to 51% but that only means the tide could once again go back in Xander's favor.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If it was anyone but Xander (or Tommy, or Bridge, but Xander eked out Bridge last round), it'd likely be a landslide.

I'm frankly surprised that Xander beat Bridge. Bridge would've made the choice even tougher.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

RMZXAnarchy posted:

But yeah, TF Pink needs more support, apparently going against a male ranger has doomed her chances.

Fake edit: Apparently I was mistaken, she's bounced back to 51% but that only means the tide could once again go back in Xander's favor.

Voted Time Pink for more support, but here's what I kinda think the Final Five will end up being considering the brackets and such.

- Either Jungle Fury Wolf/Geki Violet (I hope) or The Titanium Ranger (more likely), unless the Titanium Ranger loses this round, in which case Samurai/Shinken Red or Time Red
- Super Megaforce/Gokai Red
- Tommy :v: (Dragon Ranger over White Tiger)
- Jason or Tommy :v: :v: (Tyranno Ranger over Professor Tommy/Abare Black)
- Bouken Silver/Mercury Ranger (In the end, it's either going to be Bouken Silver or a Female Ranger here)

Basically, Brackets 3 and 4 are guarantees due to Tommy and Jason (Tommy vs Tommy in Bracket 3 and Jason vs Tommy for Bracket 4). Bracket 2 is a bit tougher due to RPM/Go-On Gold and Round 3's Ninja Storm Green vs Robocop Gosei/Robo Knight or the Phantom Ranger, but Super Megaforce/Gokai Red will probably pull through in the end unless people realize this would be the only way to get US Keys for some of them. Bracket 5 is pretty simple since the Xander Plan either loses this round to Time Pink or potentially gets stomped next round (by Bouken Silver) if he gets through.

This leaves Bracket 1, which is probably the most annoying one to predict. After all, you've got three different Reds (Dino Thunder/AbareRed, Samurai/ShinkenRed and Time Red), the current Blue (Super Mega/Gokai Blue), the Titanium Ranger and Jungle Fury Wolf/Geki Violet. All 3 Reds have a good chance of making it, but while I'd love to have Geki Violet/Wolf Ranger to make it to the Final 5 (so I could finally have some kind of Geki Violet Ranger Key somehow), I honestly think that Time Red has a decent chance of shutting him down. Super Megaforce/Gokai Blue, less so due to being Not A Red, but still a good chance. I could see the Titanium Ranger beating Samurai/Shinken Red though. So, it'll actually probably be the Titanium Ranger provided Saumrai/Shinken Red loses in Round 3.

Never thought I'd type up that many words about Power Rangers brackets of anything. But, late nights will do that to 'ya.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I think it'll be

Jason/Tommy
Tommy
Wolf or Titanium
Super Mega Red or Samurai
I think that Time Force Pink or MM Yellow have a chance, honestly.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I really wish all 5 Tommies could make it to the final five..(Yes, I know Turbo Red is ostensibly TJ...but I can dream, can't I?)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Pretty sure they set the bracket this way to have as few Tommies as possible in the finals. (While still having the chance for 2 Tommies)

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Sadly, it looks like my Wade created tribute to the greatest Ranger of all time will have to wait, given that I can't charge Paypal for a new avatar.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Clip from the new episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdvEEci35FA

Gotta give Troy some credit, he's the one who actually stopped to think it seems.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm getting pretty excited about these cameos. :neckbeard:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I haven't watched Jungle Fury, but all the love for Jason Smith makes me interested to go back and do it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm watching Jungle Fury now and Wolf and Red are awesome. Just saw Rhino's intro episode so I can't comment on him either way

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Solaris Knight posted:

I haven't watched Jungle Fury, but all the love for Jason Smith makes me interested to go back and do it.

Jungle Fury is far from being the best season, but it does so much and seems so earnest I find an odd charm in it. It still has some issues in how it resembles the sentai at times, like many of the Disney seasons, but it nevertheless tries its own twists and ideas on them. At the very least, original hideout, original mentor figure, original morphers, and a surprising amount of original footage, though its partly necessitated by how the villains have regularly used human forms. And I like the theme song getting used for fights, it gives an odd air of triumph, even if its less outright rock when compared to say, Go Go Power Rangers.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I just love the theme song because it's so cheesy in the best way.

Actual lyrics from the Jungle Fury theme posted:

Dai Shi (GO AWAY!)
We're Here to (SAVE THE DAY!)

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Surfer buttrock's always fun, and makes we wish we got GOOD themes for Samurai and Megaforce, though Super Megaforce can be excused for using MMPR's theme.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Super Megaforce hasn't had a "Rapping Roboknight" moment for me, but for some reason I find the seemingly random leaving in of un-adapted sentai intriguing. I also wasn't expecting any cameos until the Legend War happened, so they're a nice surprise as well.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I wasn't expecting to really like Jungle Fury, but I have been. Excluding RJ (for obvious reasons of him being the clear best), I'm surprised that my favorite character is Camille.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Chalk me up as another person who's trying out Jungle Fury because of the upcoming cameo and finding I like it. It just feels like it's got a lot of heart in it.

That being said, while I realize that the mooks are based of those chinese zombie/vampire things, it doesn't make their hopping any less silly looking (I realize that's gekiranger's fault not JF's, though).

Edit: Oh god, that fly thing... Will he get less annoying or should I expect dumb commentary over all the cool giant robot fights.

Sleeping Sigma fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 21, 2014

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senerio posted:

I wasn't expecting to really like Jungle Fury, but I have been. Excluding RJ (for obvious reasons of him being the clear best), I'm surprised that my favorite character is Camille.

I love that Geki/JF had a logical reason for weird colours for the extra rangers. Black and green were already taken. (In the Legend War footage, they're even included in the sixth hero group, if I recall right) So gotta have purple and aqua and white w/ orange trim and poo poo.

Edit: ...I kind of like the fly dude in both versions. :shobon: The combat sport focus of the season makes having a play-by-play and colour commentator make sense.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

This is the greatest Power Rangers purchase I have made since I got that Green Ranger MMPR shirt at New York Comic Con 2012 :swoon:

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Edit: ...I kind of like the fly dude in both versions. :shobon: The combat sport focus of the season makes having a play-by-play and colour commentator make sense.

I suppose. It just caught me really off guard is all (I've never seen gekiranger, so I didn't see it coming).

Like, all of a sudden Camille's throat bulges weirdly and out pops this fly guy. Then she eats him again. If she was just her monster suit I wouldn't really care, but the fact that they use human Camille for it kinda weirds me out.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Sleeping Sigma posted:

I suppose. It just caught me really off guard is all (I've never seen gekiranger, so I didn't see it coming).

Like, all of a sudden Camille's throat bulges weirdly and out pops this fly guy. Then she eats him again. If she was just her monster suit I wouldn't really care, but the fact that they use human Camille for it kinda weirds me out.

It wasn't any less weird the first time it happened in Gekiranger either if it makes you feel better.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Bae's backstory is frightening and horrific, honestly. There's a lot of dark poo poo in Gekiranger, but that one of all of them was the most honestly creepy and weird, instead of just Long being a creeper in the shadows or something.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I found an SH Figuarts Shinken Red at a discount store here for like 11 bucks. Didn't really care about Samurai all that much but I like Figuarts stuff and thought he'd go good with my MMPR Green Ranger Figuart. Took him out of the box and his leg joint snapped off about 3 minutes after I took him out!

Are the newer Figuarts releases as bad? Makes me scared to handle my Green Ranger.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
At least you only spent $11 instead of $40.

I'm scared to change my Shinken Red's hands, so he just sits atop my monitor.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I found an SH Figuarts Shinken Red at a discount store here for like 11 bucks. Didn't really care about Samurai all that much but I like Figuarts stuff and thought he'd go good with my MMPR Green Ranger Figuart. Took him out of the box and his leg joint snapped off about 3 minutes after I took him out!

Are the newer Figuarts releases as bad? Makes me scared to handle my Green Ranger.

Hell no, the current releases are durable as gently caress. I've got nine so far (Akiba S1, MMPR Red, Green & Pink and the Hurricangers minus the Gouraigers.) and they've all been really durable.

Sad to hear the Shinken Red is kind of crap, I liked the suit designs and wanted to snag him when I got the chance.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He prolly got a defective one. They're obviously not all like that.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

They have a couple more of them so I may just exchange.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Rubiks Pubes posted:

They have a couple more of them so I may just exchange.

Quick question, was the figure cold at all when you removed him from the box?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

This episode... got a bit silly at points, even by Power Rangers standards, mainly with the whole 'we let go of our weapons!' thing. Its not like these are the galaxy sabers, where they're ancient macguffins that hold spiritual meaning, or even the crystal sabers where like, they're essential to summoning the zords. These are just... weapons. Yeah, its bad the team had them so easily taken, but its not a disaster either.

Mind you, beyond that, the episode is definitely up there, for what we've had the last few years. Jake and Emma get a lot of interaction for the episode, and the build up and focus on Casey is enjoyable, especially when compared to Jayden's creeper cameo. Its kinda funny because they effectively reversed the order of the sentai episodes to make this happen, but it... sorta works. Heck they even reference the Megaforce zords in terms of the rangers' spirits, a nice small touch that retroactively gives the things a bit more meaning.

And again the whole ranger database thing really proves to be one of the better ideas narratively speaking. It gives an easy excuse for when they do/don't recognise a previous ranger - it depends on whether or not they saw the relevant info, and the episode can easily rectify it halfway through. Having it intercut with the training montage really worked, because it got to tell and show in a single scene. Plus, its a good reminder of how far Casey came in his character development - where he was once the nervous, uncertain rookie, he's now a master teaching the next generation.

Though that ending is now gonna be the source of so much wild guessing, I imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Quick question, was the figure cold at all when you removed him from the box?

I don't believe so, it was probably 70'degrees out yesterday and it had been in the car a bit before I took it out.