Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I'll never get my Mystic Force reunion/tribute episode anytime soon :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Just chiming into this thread that Podcasters with Attitude is a really nice podcast to listen to, especially when commuting, and I think Jason, Wade, and Burk are cool people. Also, if you guys want a commentator for Mystic Force, I'm perfectly willing to sub :allears:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Th most impressive part of that video is he salvaged Mystic Force and Operatioon Overdrive's themes.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Mystic Force's theme is terrible, and this is coming from someone who unironically enjoyed the One Piece Pirate Rap.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I voted Daggeron over Zhane. No regrets :colbert:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Between Burk and I, we have enough :spergin: and fan justifications to fill up Fanfiction.net

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I want Saban to put in Bioman footage just to see Burk's reaction :allears:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I meant more contemporary Bioman footage, given the other pre Zyu teams, but that works too.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Round 2 of this has just started.

Standings:
Two Super Megaforce Rangers remain (beating the Crimson Ninja Storm Ranger and Zeo Blue).
Robo Knight is the only Megaforce ranger remaining by beating the Signalman/Blue Senturion from Turbo. (Robo Knight is now facing the Phantom Ranger in a twist of Turbo Fate)
All of the Mighty Morphin rangers are still in the running except Pink (who mas beaten by MagiMother/Mystic Force White).
There's only one OO ranger and that's BoukenSilver/Mercury who beat RPM Silver (Gold beat the Quantum Ranger however).
There's two Samurai left and they're both Red
The Titanium ranger is the last Lightspeed Rescue member (and beat Wolzard/Mystic Force Wolf for it)
Zeo Gold is the last Zeo member left (after beating Samurai Gold)
All SPD entrants are out, but all of the the Dino Thunder1 entrants are still in

1: Just realized the similarity of that name and Dino Charge. At the very least they could've named it "Jurassic Charge" or something to keep it a little distinct

Man, Daggeron's gonna get wrecked by the legion of White Ranger fanboys.

Solaris Knight fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 18, 2014

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Sadly, it looks like my Wade created tribute to the greatest Ranger of all time will have to wait, given that I can't charge Paypal for a new avatar.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I haven't watched Jungle Fury, but all the love for Jason Smith makes me interested to go back and do it.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Surfer buttrock's always fun, and makes we wish we got GOOD themes for Samurai and Megaforce, though Super Megaforce can be excused for using MMPR's theme.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

This is the greatest Power Rangers purchase I have made since I got that Green Ranger MMPR shirt at New York Comic Con 2012 :swoon:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I'm willing to say it's 50/50, Saban couldn't use the full cour it usually gets, so it decided to just not try at all

Also, I'm watching Beetleborgs, and it really is a shame they ran out of footage, given how it and Power Rangers both could have crossover or coexisted, and comics are as popular as ever.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

You could say that Ninjor isn't in there because he's a Extra Ranger, but so is the Blue Senturion, and he's in there, so that argument doesn't hold water!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

It's a sad/delusional feeling knowing that the most powerful and dream inducing Ranger of them all is going to be played by some blonde yutz with the charisma of to quote SA user "jivjov" "A cardboard cutout of a wet paper bag" But then again, Super Megaforce is making me desire to watch Gokaiger, so I suppose it's good for something.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

The Phantom Ranger story arc basically presses my angry about continuity and dropped plotlines button, and the suit's probably way past disintegrated, but in my feverish dreams him and Orion are connected, like older brother or dad or something.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

One of my main scruples with Megaforce is that instead of using the vast mythology of Edenoi, terra Venture, Ko-35, etc, they've mostly been Earth centric to save on budget, I assume

I almost want Saban to tank in ratings so we get a third hail mary balls out season that redeems them.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

At least Troy's just the red ranger in this state. Orion's supposed to be the guy who changes into the guys every kid wants to be. More than the Red Ranger, everyone wants to be the Sixth Ranger because he's the most powerful and uniquely equipped member, with a story arc all about his recruitment. He won't even be a PR otaku, probably :colbert:. I've dreamed of being something close to Gokai Silver for most of my life, so to see that role given to such a disapointingly average season makes me despair :smith:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I'm kind of glad the Tommy bandwagon is waning somewhat, just because it's boring if Tommy and the other MMPR rangers win by default.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Don't get me wrong, Tommy's a awesome character, and a legend for good reason.

That said, having him win every contest is boring, and doesn't make things interesting, he's practically the All American Face as is

Vote for other rangers, guys.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

The Internet is nostalgia and effort justification writ large, and as a result, people are extremely stubborn about things because they like those things, and how dare people not like them too.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Zordon was basically going to die anyway, given how his power was drained. The Z Wave saved the universe from the Alliance, and Zordon knew full well the effects.

So yeah, he did save the universe :colbert:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Gosei only sucks because he's a pale imitation of Zordon anyway. If he was more distinct, things would be better.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

The Pupil of Zordon thing was one line, and other than that, we don't know poo poo about him. Even in MMPR we knew Zordon was a wizard trapped in flux by Rita, and sent to Earth to monitor the powers that may come from there. Gosei's just kind of there, with no reason why, how, or what he exactly is. It really illustrates Neo Saban and old Saban quite well.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Oh god, Delusion Energy at maximum, I better buckle in before I shift in MAXIMUM SPERGINGDRIVE.

But seriously, Gai's basically the antithesis of Saban's current acting standards, but I'm gonna watch anyway.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Oh god, the fandom streams are being crossed, now I want to see Colin Baker as the mentor of PR for a season

The smuggest mentor :smuggo:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

RJ versus Ryan is so tough guys.

Lightspeed Rescue was my first PR season, but wolf themes are my weakness :negative:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Oh boy, tonight's the night I get to record Beetleborgs

I'm so looking forward to it :allears:

On more on topic news, I'm starting to think of if Saban can, wants to, or has to adapt the Gaim Spring break Special.

You'd think that Gaim would be hilarious to dub, mostly because it LOOKS kid friendly but is RPM tier dark, if not way darker.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Decade's also laden with continuity stuff

Honestly, Masked Rider may have crashed horribly, but Beetleborgs and Dragon Knight were surprisingly popular, and Saban/Bandai would benefit from more money flow.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Miss America, to this day, still creeps me out

That's way too uncanny valley for me, up there with the mouths on Goseiger

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

You joke, but that'd be hilarious :colbert:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Nick has a enormous fetish for long hiatuses and unexplained pauses

Granted, Disney and Cartoon Network do that too, but Nick's the one who has PR, so it's more pronounced there

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Saban evidentally hates money, given how badly I want ranger keys that I probably won't get.

Do you know know where I can find a Gokai Cellular and a few Magiranger sets for cheap?

EDIT: Man, that video was good fun. I'd kill to get a complication DVD of every blooper/dub reel from every Power Rangers season :allears:

Solaris Knight fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 3, 2014

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Yeesh, 50 whole bucks. I'm also njot a big fan of online ordering for reasons of having more ubscriptions that drain that income then I would like.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Man, they had a samurai season before, what's the issue with making the Gold ranger another samurai? Better yet, you could connect him to the Shiba clan and thus retroactively make Samurai more connected to the overall timeline

:sigh: Someone stop me, I'm being spergy again

Edit: Rumblings from /m/ and Ranger Crew are saying it's plausible that Judd Lynn's back as exec, which gives me hope we get Ninja Storm: Samba Edition

Solaris Knight fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 4, 2014

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

I haven't watched Mystic Knights, but given how I love fantasy, I should give it a whirl

Maybe when Podcasters with Attitude gets to that bonus episode.....

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

A Mystic Knights revival using footage from Garo :swoon:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Pretty good roster, all things considered, especially having Phantom and Titanium on there, as well as Jen.

Still not getting a Solaris Knight key though :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Which is weird, given how Blue Senturion/Signalman did, and arguably VRV Master's more integral to the plot then him, being Dappu's dad and all, but I haven't watched Carranger.