Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.264831163553463.55681.264825893553990&type=3

That's another link to watch some series.

Gokaiger was the first series I watched with no prior sentai knowledge and it was awesome. Everything from the story to the fights was very good and high quality. One episode in particular had a very special villain and due to translation differences I called him a name that made the thing even funnier. If you only watch one sentai let it be Gokaiger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah watching Samurai spoils elements of Shikenger and the Jetman thing I didn't understand except for the obvious and it got me interested to watch both series because the characters were great. Not to mention you can just ignore both and enjoy the series itself.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The good part is gonna be after the legend war away.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

You don't, they did get a tribute. Every series after but not including Zyuranger did (if you count the team-up movie as a Goseiger tribute), and so did Liveman and Jetman. J.A.K.Q. also got an episode that was all but a tribute.

Also FivePink is in the first Legend War dream sequence for a split second, because Saban cheaped out and didn't loving get new footage like the hype said they would, further confirming the current iteration of Power Rangers as a cheap knockoff of the respective Super Sentai season, with no distinctive identity. Just Americanized Super Sentai, that's it.

I could've sworn we got at least a couple seconds of new footage when he had the dream in ep 1. I remember somebody on some forums saying that. Guess we'll wait and see.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

So the red ranger will never have the swagger to match Marvelous/Gokai Red, none of the cast will match the Gokaiger footage to be honest and here's SPD green further bringing hopes down with some scary info.

http://www.jefusion.com/2013/05/spd-green-ranger-comments-on-power-ranger-super-megaforce-cameos.html

quote:

First. I don't know what email Saban sent out. As far as I know - nobody in Disney era cast received a letter. Second. I totally get Karan. PR is one of the most top rated kids series in the world - the actors get paid peanuts to do it relative to any other show on television that doesn't play in every foreign market on earth. I actually make more at my current joe job per hour than they ever paid. They make tons of money off of licensing and merchandise, that doesn't trickle down to the actor.[/b]

quote:

To ask cast (except me apparently) to go down to NZ, essentially for free when you subtract food/airfare/hotel and the time away from responsibilities at home - is a LOSS. This is one of the major reasons why you started to have a rotating cast. So there aren't any contract negotiations. You have the cast. You milk them and then you cut them off. It's one of the reasons SPD/Mystic Force didn't have a team up. Wish it were different. I love the show and I love the fans. #Buttery

Last thing I'll say on this & you may Tumblr away at will. Saban probably doesn't even know who Bridge is, let alone who I am...and they will most likely never hire me as an actor or filmmaker. What has Saban done for you? You guys shat on Disney when they took over the franchise. Sure Disney might have messed up PR continuity, but they cared about the stories they were telling and the people involved. Say what you will, but this is the company we should be saluting for bring us more Star Wars.

So this poo poo is gonna be a great train wreck to watch. How hard is it to budget a loving anniversary season? Of the only show you have had success in? Like it's this easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyRZzRChKII

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Operation Overdrive
Turbo
Jungle Fury
Megaforce
Samurai

Those are all pretty bad. From Mystic Force to RPM was a dark time and I see why the canceled it.

What I don't understand is why Saban wants to mix Goseiger suit with Gokaiger suits? They didn't learn from Mighty Morphin? They always cry about budget and money but go out of their way to make it hard. Now they have to find a way to make the whole changing process smooth with like 3 different transitions and not make it all too ridiculous. Then again this is the same group that named an actual season "Megaforce" and thought it was cool THEN was too lazy to come up with new names for any of the merch.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Making keys for those Rangers would be the dumbest thing. Only one that would really mean something is Titianium Ranger and he was just a Tommy retread anyway.

Like really A-Squad keys? Come on.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

One thing about the Disney show's is they were NOT lazy. Just watching them with my daughter I can tell they had effort and love put into them.

Mystic Force I didn't like the suits, the whole magic thing, and the story didn't grab me.

Operation overdrive I didn't like the suit, the villains and their look, and I watched the Sentai first.

Jungle Fury was Jarrod chewing scenery the show. The spirit rangers looked really good though, they did a great job with them.

The common theme between them? Terrible theme songs!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He even forgot Jungle Fury, that's how irrelevant it is.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SpazmasterX posted:

I don't know who would buy anything since everything besides the action figures has been cheap garbage since Operation Overdrive. The disparity between North America and Japan when it's come to megazords is a joke. Even Boukenger's tiny Daibouken was still leaps and bounds of quality over OO's cost cutting garbage. Everything since than has just been a smaller and cheaper version of the Sentai version, with everything but the most barebones features removed. No reason RPM couldn't have used GoOnger's megazords with the electronics removed, but instead they made them smaller and flattened the Engine Souls. Samurai completely changed everything around and now the Samurai Gigazord, which should be huge and awesome, is an ugly hunk of plastic. Megaforce's all "zord" combination uses a character that doesn't even exist in the show, so they had to give you these weird extra plastic bits with all the heads to do something similar to it with the toy.

It's just bad, and now I probably won't miss the show anymore if Super Megaforce tanks the series.

Yea I was going to make an effort post about this same exact thing but didn't want to be called 'angry" and poo poo. I don't feel any type of way but not catering to us older fans is loving stupid. We already dont buy the poo poo, we just import then the toys sales have been declining (GEE I WONDER WHY)

IN OTHER SABAN IS INCOMPETENT NEWS:

The email sent to past Rangers:

quote:

We had been entertaining the possibility of past Rangers joining us for the longest time and didn't think it was possible to do. Due to so many requests from a number of past Rangers (as well as an overwhelming amount of requests from the fans, too!) we, as a production, talked it over and agree that it is a fabulous idea that we would like to make happen. This is also a wonderful opportunity to acknowledge all of the loyal fans and thank them for their support over 20 years. We want this to happen and we want as many of you as possible over here with us!!

Next comes the nitty-gritty of organizing such a task. The unfortunate reality is that including past Rangers was not part of our original budget. In order to include as many of you as possible in this shoot, we do not have massive funds at the individual level to offer each of you. We do hope that you bear this in mind as you consider our offer.

Your travel would depart LA on approx: May 22nd to arrive in NZ on May 24th, this day would be for fittings, then filming would take place on May 25th and 26th. May 27th would be a sightseeing day that we will organize, with your flight departing that evening

Please consider what this would mean to the fans to have so many past Rangers together in the same place at the same time.
New Zealand is a beautiful country and the current Rangers and crew here would all be honored to have you join us for this special 20th anniversary. We will try our best for sunny weather while you're here, too!

We truly wish that we were able to offer you more, and we hope that you will still consider this opportunity to join us as a Ranger once again.
It would be tremendous to welcome you here.

RBX fucked around with this message at 07:45 on May 11, 2013

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Apparently they never planned to use a lot of Gokaiger footage and ask any previous rangers back AT ALL.

What the Christ.

Which makes me wonder just what were they gonna do instead of this?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

20th anniversary this year.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They have to stretch them out.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He said he'd do appearances for free. Seems like the guy really loves his Power Rangers.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Also realizing how much of an rear end in a top hat to everybody he was when he was younger is pretty cool.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Jason really did make the first cast work. None since them has really had the same feel.

Zyuranger had that same down to earth feel.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Well they spend a lot of time with the kids. Visit hospitals, homes, random people compared to something like Shinkenger.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Watching subs you have to realize it isn't always correct and cultural differences can come into play as well.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

Reading this thread has got me into a Power Rangers kick.

That said, I found this old article that I remember reading before, discussing some of the behind the scenes events concerning Turbo through Time Force. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it's still interesting.

Man Versus Sentai

Holy poo poo.

Ok here's a maybe dumb question: Let's say he moved to japan and got to work on the Sentai from now on, would it work out? I mean yeah the Sentai is good and all but not perfect and both do different things better.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The most important thing is how they are gonna handle Gokai Green's....eccentric fighting style. All new footage? Will everything be new footage?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

BRUH.

COME ON SON.

This is what I wanted. I would've thrown money at you for these.

In other good news though.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/07/18/power-rangers-legacy-the-first-20-years-announced

RBX fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jul 18, 2013

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Looks like the usual.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I still have my original Megazord from when I was young but missing parts to my Dragonzord but drat these are expensive. I don't really know about toys enough to know if its justified or not.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They could do this every year if they wanted they're just loving cheap as poo poo. The amount of Sentai footage they used for this year and last year makes it seem like they didn't have to reshoot much. They don't even do any movies every year.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I love how Robo Knight casually walks by and the parents are oblivious. Robo Knight sounds like he has a lisp and is slightly retarded.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Buying all the keys, at least I have an excuse because its cheaper.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My little nephew actually started with Power Rangers, but found out about sentai and is now a fanatic. He knows all the teams and actually already watched Gokaiger. He still loves his Power Rangers though and is VERY excited for Super Megaforce because he can finally buy the toys. :allears: So yeah unlike adults kids just don't give a gently caress and can look past stuff. :v:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Kyoryuger and Tokkyuger seem like great starting points. +5 points for Kyoryuger being loving AWESOME.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's the finale episode.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The thing is Kyoryuger uses guns so will they gently caress up a toy that is unfuckupable?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I meant the actual toy.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The black will be replaced with neon green.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

"ZEEEEEEO!!!"
"SAMMMURAII!"
"OPERATION OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVERRRRDRIVE!"

Why wouldn't they pay that guy $20 dollars to say it in english is beyond me. These kids weren't even around for most of these seasons.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Tae posted:

The material has nothing to do with it, Saban's already been given 2 out of 3 great materials and hosed it up with lovely actors that can't emote for crap, among other things. The current red makes Jason of MMPR an eccentric loony tunes by comparison.

Jason was the best red though!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Because GoBusters toys apparently did terrible and they would have to reshoot pretty much everything AND Goseiger was pretty easy to adapt and had the cards stuff.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

After the complete 180 that was the RPM adaptation of Go-onger I don't think anything is really out of the realm of possibility. Hell, I think adapting Gokaiger would be far more difficult a task.

There's no way in hell the pre-morph dance stays, no way.

Disney did RPM. This is lazy cheap saban we're talking about.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

By Saban standards it was actually alright? Still not outright good but better than Megaforce.

Although the only major impression it left on me is reminding me how goddamn fun Gokaiger's fight choreography was.

Aggreed. Much more watchable. Every fight scene is hilarious comparing Don to Jake. The awesome footage they get to use really helps. My kid has to have a Morpher now or else she said she'll be mad at me.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Only reason I didn't buy it already are those dumb keys and how there are no pinks and yellows for me to even justify buying them to her mother. Bad enough I heard they ship only a few Pink and Yellow figures per shipment compared to the many red, green, and blue figures.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

Not specifically the roll call, but the fact that they did a roll call (if only a visual one) for everything. I'm not going to go back and watch the episode for specifics, but even little things like putting a key into the slot seemed to repeated five times for each Ranger.

Its to waste time and fill the episode out because they're lazy. It all comes back to being lazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Sentai usually shortens it after awhile while PR usually still has to have every character say their line every single time.