Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Zonekeeper posted:

If I ever find myself in a situation where I have more money than sense, I'd buy one of those and set it to a communicator ringtone. I'd look like such a tool when it went off but gently caress you, I have a goddamned working communicator.

Half the times I hear a text-message alert go off at college, it's the communicator tone already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

...In Space is the best "Power Rangers" season, Time Force is the best actual television. There. That's the facts of Power Rangers.

"Time Force", for the record, includes the crossover with Wild Force.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlnKnJr1nJM

Listen closely to The Roman's little song at the top of the video.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Nah, the big thing is the Soul of Chogokin Megazord they have on display as the five individual zords.

If it's able to form the full Megazord without comprimising posability that'll be so incredible :swoon:

I mean, you say "so incredible", but Transformers has been doing posable combiners for years at mass-retail

Megazord toys are poo poo, and I'm glad to see one that actually does the job.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

For all their faults, the Energon teams in 2004 had shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, thighs, waists, and biceps.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Energon teams were 5-man. Torso and limbs, limbs at the $8 pricepoint and torsos at $12 (2004 dollars).

Sentai robots sacrifice articulation sometimes for gimmicks or automorph, but not because making a combining robot, ESPECIALLY a modular one, with a basic suite of posability is a difficult feat.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

No memes

I mean, this is kind of a big time for the franchise even if you don't care about the movie, with the Ninja Steel premiere and the Justice League crossover comic and the recent adjustment the mainline comic made to the White Ranger. They have a lot they could talk about than social media memes. Sonic the Hedgehog's account does that a lot, too, but they have a lot less to be excited about.

But still... no memes.

What happened with the White Ranger in the comics?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Well when you're up against Ransik, one of the top 5 Tokusatsu villains of all time, you're bound to come up short.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

What bad blood developed between Saban and JDF?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

JT Smiley posted:

Me too. I've been totally against this movie from the first teaser, but the minute Kanye started playing I got hyped as gently caress. Seriously, you could put that song in front of anything and I'm sold.

https://youtu.be/T0_EWr2GJ5A

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

All megazords are garbage toys because they're loving statues. Y'all have Stockholm Syndrome.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Super Minipla Daizyujin looks like a Mini SOC and that's pretty rad.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Truman Sticks posted:

My favorite use of the morphing call-out, from Ninja Storm:

http://dai.ly/xxfi12?start=929

I loved how bickery they started out.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Dino Thunder and Time Force deffo both in top 3

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Coq au Nandos posted:

Zeo is number one.

Goes without saying.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

I don't think they'll show either of the movies, but I guess there's like a 50/50 chance on the remaster, since it was technically its own season.

They gotta show Turbo, it's the goddamn pilot.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

The show's narrative peak started with the one episode where Astronema morphed into Ashley and snuck into the Megaship, and ended with the finale of Time Force.

You walked into one of the best moments of the franchise and, yeah, the MMPR stuff is campy as gently caress. But that's also the appeal.

I'd extend that to the Time Force/Wild Force crossover.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Larryb posted:

To be honest the only real blemish on the Disney era was Operation Overdrive, everything else was fairly decent. More recently, I thought Dino Charge was pretty good overall too.

The Time/Wild crossover was this Big Emotional Deal that the show still has yet to match or surpass.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

Has anyone timed out when each season should be starting? My roommate and I have a running joke from an episode of SPD and I want to try and catch it.

which joke?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

God, the way Rita turns to the camera during the Alien Rangers opening is so good.

I want what Rita and Zedd have.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

NO MORE POWER RANGERS NO MORE POWER RANGERS NO MORE POWER RANGERS

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ZEO

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://clips.twitch.tv/GenerousDignifiedPartridgeYee

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Ecliptor stays behind and :BibleThump:s are filling the chat.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://clips.twitch.tv/FamousCharmingAsteriskCclamChamp

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ahahahah stream stopped mid-cliffhanger EVERYONE PANIC

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

hahah rerunning Part 1

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

Man, it occurs to me that I quit this show in high school after a long stretch of watching every day from Day Of The Dumpster until the start of Lightspeed Rescue. And then I left, going #NotMyRangers because of the government agency theme and the weird emergency response motif.

Apparently that lasted only three years, and I came back for Ninja Storm and DinoThunder, and then left again for good. And there's so many loving ranger shows now that apparently I've missed more seasons than I've seen.

This show is old, yo. And I still think of it as the thing that comes on before Animaniacs. :smith:

One thing I want to get out of this marathon is to watch as much of SPD as I can because y'all tell me it's good. Because the furries don't look like actual fur-con fucksuits like they do in Japan then I'll give it a chance.

Missing Time Force might be the greatest mistake of your life.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Craptacular! posted:

I'm going to wait for Timeranger to be completed and watch that. It's getting there, and given that I have Jetman/Zyu/Dai/Oh/Car/Mega before I get there the subbers have plenty of time.

No, watch Time Force. Timeranger is just A Good Sentai, but Time Force is Power Rangers at maybe its best.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Black Ranger, blackmailed.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

FOREVER BLUE

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

J33uk posted:

So just to confirm: Seymour fucks?

Seymour definitely fucks.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So, my gf saw MMPR and i figured the In Space finale would be fun. Misstimed and now we're watching and ho boy an episode with an evil car. :allears:

While Galaxy gets its sea legs, watch Duel.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Perfect clip. End of an era.

POWER RANGERS

... IN SPACE!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'M A RANGER

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

RITA AND ZEDD

HAPPY FOREVER

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

All that matters is that Rita, Zedd, Bulk, and Skull got their happy endings.

RIP Space Dad.

I like to think Goldar and Rito got human forms too.

Spacedad dying is a goddamn travesty.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

It is kinda annoying that only the human/formerly human villains were allowed to survive(especially when Divatox was one of them and she's the Zordon era villain I'd have been happiest to see die)

RIP Finster, Squat, Baboo, Goldar, and Rito

We never see Goldar die! Or Rito!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

OH the Charlie Brown zigzags are supposed to be a beast's jaws.