Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Liar Lyre posted:

Yeah. I'm the "mastermind" behind this and I totally agree that YouTube would be better and I need a proper website and so much more. Frankly I'm killing myself over the update schedule and I only have Windows Movie Maker, which is a lame excuse for not trying. But this really isn't the place to discuss this, I just hope you guys give the show a chance and give us some feedback.

But hey! Can I great a group opinion on Jungle Fury? I put it pretty high on my list of favorite seasons. Villains get a lot of story and development, rangers are pretty alright people, RJ is cool as hell, nice monster designs, and a big emphasis on real martial arts. Overall, probably my third favorite season.

Probably about fourth for the Disney seasons for me. No real explanation avaliable outside of enjoying RPM, SPD & Dino Thunder much more.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Mar 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

Do they just assume all children have ADHD?

Yes. It's why it's so rare in dubs for there to be a lull in what's happening.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

If Power Rangers was always in end of contract mode, I would be satisfied.

Edit: Also, third round of Morphin Madness is up and SuperMega Red still hasn't lost, wtf? also, the first Jason/Tommy match has started and it's Zeo Gold vs. the White Ranger.

I wouldn't doubt that it's rigged so that he can make it to the end.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

How do you even do the villain for an MMPR gritty reboot?

I wonder if they'll keep Titanus.

Lord Zedd maybe. Can you imagine what a higher budget version of his costume would look like?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

Lighstpeed was my first season too, then I fell off the wagon around Olympius coming back, joined for Ninja STorm, then left for Operation Overdrive. Now I'm back.

Power Rangers Fandom: Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Also, still no Mystic Force guests :sigh:

The vast majority of the main characters were either Kiwis or Australians. I mean, when four of the five rangers are Aussies then it's a bit expensive to fly them out for a con.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Liar Lyre posted:

Mark your calendars, the new Power Rangers movie is scheduled for a July 22, 2016 release. Hope we get some casting rumors soon. Who would you want in a new power rangers movie? I personally would love to see Bryan Cranston to reprise his inaugural role as the Snizzard.

Well, ya gotta crowbar Jason David Frank in there somehow for one thing.

EDIT: Just read that the second Pink Ranger was from Surrey Hills in universe. That was an gorgeous area of Melbourne when I lived there a couple of years ago.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 14, 2014

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

And had to reshoot the yellow ranger's pose, because she was both the ditzy/cute one and the 'strong' one in the sentai, which they of course translated into need-for-speed race car driving tomboy.

Just a indicator of things to come. Like Captain Marvelous being replaced by someone with the charisma of a palm tree.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

The weirddest in a cool way thing about Mystic Force is that everybody but Udonna and Chip is Ambiguously Brown, and it made things feel more exotic, for lack of a better term, made things feel more diverse, like I hope Dino Charge does.

Well, Nicks actor was of Lebanese descent. Madisons actor is of Filipino, Spanish and Ukranian descent. I'm not sure about Vidas or Xanders actors but I would guess Latin American and Greek respectively.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 24, 2014

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Oh sure, cast the white lady as the White Ranger. :jerkbag:

The whitest lady.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

I don't know what John Tui is (Except for dashing :swoon:) but he at least looks more Arabic than Hikaru's actor, so it feels less of a disconnect to have a mech that's genie themed and carrying a magic lamp.

I honestly didn't see anything arabic about him. He's just super Maori.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

They changed it slightly, and made it as if the belt itself decided to pop out the RPM Gold key for no real reason. In the original, Gai was like "Time for Go-On Silver!" then said "But wait, Silver was a girl, so I guess I should pick Gold..." and pulled that one out. Since Orion wouldn't really know about the RPM Rangers I guess it wouldn't make sense for him to know Silver was a girl (even if the key does have a skirt), but at least they got to avoid the "I don't want to be a girl" line which might have caused a bit of a controversy in the US. It still was kind of silly him going "I don't know which one to use!" because there was no real reason for him to have problems choosing, and the reason for him having to choose was extremely contrived too.

Why would there have been a problem with him not wanting to be a girl? Would there have been a shitfit kicked up by some parts of the Trans community?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The megazord is really just a gigantic maori man that the team climbs on top of when he fights.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I'm watching through Jungle Fury and enjoying it, especially the fights. Where about do they sit in terms of quality?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Neat fact about Jungle Fury. RJ is the mocap and voice guy for Vergil in Devil May Cry 2013.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Man, Jungle Fury has one of the most surreal clip show episodes that I've ever seen.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Get your kids to watch and love Stoner Werewolf.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Astro Nut posted:

I just realised, looking over the trailer again, not only do they have an original villain, but also, original footage of him alongside some of the villain suits from Kyoryuger. So we might... also get original villain footage in their base? I mean, dude's got a spaceship, so I doubt they'll be able to as easily use the Deboss base with its internal organ aesthetic.

It's been a while since we've had original villain footage in their base. I'm pretty sure that hasn't been done since RPM.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Maybe he's loving up the planet to draw his target out or something like that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Holy poo poo, that's Master Mao under that make up.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

It's a shame that they're probably going to do away with the dancing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Gotta agree with you. That was a good introduction to the characters and wow the Red Ranger actually has a personality this season. It's felt so long.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

At least Dragon Knight was cool.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Just started Turbo. Is it as bad as everyone says it is ? It's been so long I don't remember.

It has tonal issues since they're doing a serious adaption of a series that was very tongue in cheek about how goofy Sentai is and only started getting good after four of the five rangers were replaced.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

It's also the one that says 'gently caress dinosaurs or mythical ninja creatures, we be driving TRUCKSZZ; gently caress this Zordon guy bring in Mystic Enigma Woman; gently caress these actors from 1993, NEW BLOOD CHANGING OF THE GUARD; gently caress ugly scary enemies, we need goofy as gently caress fuckers everywhere'

It really broke with the conventions everyone expected. I'm pretty sure its the one with a 7 year old as a ranger, as well. And it led to a crossover with that terrible Ninja Turtles show. Its sins are many, but it also delivered onto us PRiS.

That was in space that had the crossover.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

http://atopthefourthwall.com/history-of-power-rangers-power-rangers-rpm/

History of Power Rangers RPM is out for non-Patreons.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

And after he destroys you, next is Russia.

Not making this up, that's what he says when he grows.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

But seriously Chroma Squad (or Indie Sentai Chroma Squad which should be the full title) loving owns, it's the video game equivalent to Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger. Maybe give it a week or two before you pick it up so they can iron out some of the bugs.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

Since we don't really have a Chroma Squad thread, does anyone have any tips for the Woodman fight? Having only one effective damage-dealer is hell. :(

No tips from me sadly, I kinda just brute forced my way through by having my support constantly healing my assault. I would suggest using as many weapon-based team attacks as possible since that should take out a decent chunk of woodmans health.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

There's been a few Australian/Kiwi actors post sicne Ninja Storm that have carved out a decent career.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I finally got around to watching all of RPM on netflix and I really enjoyed it. But why do people whine so much about Gem & Gemma? Sure they're kinda manchildren but I'd imagine that the average person would act just like them if they got superpowers.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Burkion posted:

People who complain about them clearly don't realize how psychopathic and unhinged they are. Which is a terrific part of their character and very subtle.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, they were planning to effectively nuke a Venjix factory from orbit on their own and happily. A Venjix factory that had a lot of human slaves trapped inside. That they knew about. This is just something they do without thinking or caring.

Yeah, they're essentially a foil to Doctor K herself. They all grew up in an organisation where they never really were able to be functional adults and then Gem & Gemma were prisoners on top of that and had been fending for themselves in a wasteland. Is it any wonder why they're unhinged and the first option the jump to is to explode everything?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

You know what the worst thing about having Netlix and not knowing what to watch due to the Australian Netflix having a limited selection? I've watched nearly all of Megaforce despite it being so incredibly bad. Due to it being an entire Sentai season compressed down to half a season, everything just seems so rushed and Gosei just hands out powerups like candy.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 8, 2015

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Jesus, the penultimate episode of Megaforce is such a cluster gently caress. It pretty much goes introduction to new villain, fight scene, dialogue at the villain's HQ, fight scene, dialogue at the villain's HQ, Vrax shows up to taunt the rangers, dialogue at the villain's HQ and then done. The rangers are such a non-entity in it and it's really oddly edited. I wasn't being sarcastic with how I did the write up, there's only a short scene at the villain's base to break up each scene.

EDIT: I mean the rangers suck in this series but you'd think in the second last episode that they'd have more of a presence instead of just being there to fight the villains.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Raserys posted:

There will never be an Asian red ranger aside from the guy who was Ninja Storm Red.

Samoans aren't Asians.

EDIT:

The funny thing is that the Red ranger is probably the most racially diverse character.

RPM had a Jamaican-Australian
Ninja Storm had a Samoan
Mystic Force had a Lebanese-Australian
Dino Charge has an American of Hispanic descent
SPD had a Canadian of West Indies descent
Turbo had an African-American
Zeo had a Native American

Testekill fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 23, 2015

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Larryb posted:

Is Jason David Frank actually Native American or was it just Tommy?

Dunno, I just guessed so based on Tommy being native american.

Burkion posted:

I might be wrong but I THINK Austin St John is legit Native American to some degree.

Also Rocky is Hispanic, specifically in universe Mexican.

That's one thing you can't blame Power Rangers The Show for, keeping a diverse cast.

Gotta reach all available markets. On the two examples that you gave, I'm really only familiar with the Disney seasons so I don't think I've even seen an episode of Mighty Morphin.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 23, 2015

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I'm really enjoying Gokaiger at the moment. After suffering through Super Megaforce, it's nice to have characters that have personalities and are generally funny.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Honestly, not having the Nickelodeon half season bullshit will be fantastic. It'll allow stories to flow much better (granted I haven't seen very much of Dino Charge so I have no idea if it flows better than Super Megaforce & Samurai did)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Id take the news with a bucket of salt, collider is the site that revealed the rangers' names for the movie and the official twitter just showed theyre using the ofiginal characters.

That said, id be down for netflix, no more super bs and no more scheduling issues, plus id be able to finally forget about Nick.

I don't get why they're just not using all new names. I mean, okay Trini is a Spanish name but older fans are just going to connect it with Thuy Tran.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I didn't see whatever the last episodes of Samurai and Megaforce were before their 'super' seasons but seeing Dino Charge's makes me kinda like the two-season split a bit since it was a pretty strong episode of rangers being proactive and pretty much winning before a new threat comes over, I'm super interested in how they'll handle the first episode of Super Dino Charge if they have some footage of Koda, Ivan and Kendall operating as the only rangers on the city

Samurai ended with Jayden beating Deker and breaking muramasa along with Antonio getting the black box working.

Megaforce ended with the apparent destruction of Roboknight and the Armada shelling the gently caress out of Earth before invading in force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Tae posted:

Megaforce is worse than I thought, and I left hard after that episode where Troy kept going "But our weapons! Our precious weapons!"

(Not to mention the original footage of that was literally the opposite, and for some reason chose that episode of all things to showcase that morale).

The show also had a super major boner for recreating scenes from the original footage series, including making Noah a swordsman with a training montage because...Joe of Gokaiger was a swordsman with a training montage.
Something that I found really wierd is that Jake is a completely different comedy relief character to Doc and they possess far different levels of competence. It's pretty stupid that he just becomes such a goober.
Also I just wish that they had just tried to recreate Gai for Silver. The gigantic mega fanboy is a far more interesting character to survivor of his race and the Gokaigers would blow off Gai fairly often before they accepted him.