Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chard
Aug 24, 2010

e: a macro was here but still gently caress you Astrobastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

So, was anyone actually able to view this, or is Harrumphs' host totally borked?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Until the LEGO printer can also do coated wires and complex electronics, we've got nothing to fear. That's the 2014 model, don't spoil poo poo.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Guess I know where that comes from now :eng101: I'm just cleaning out hard drives and found it in a dusty ancient folder, guarded by a lich.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

not for a Million Dollars would I let someone do this to me.

e: look at how slow dude on bottom-left's head is to turn. Even if you wanted to ninja dodge you couldn't you're already dead by golfball

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

If that beast fell asleep on your legs they'd end up having to amputate to free you.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Looks like the dude in the back seat is driving while he's out so it's not utterly stupid, just 99.9%. Anyway he could still reproduce in a coma or even posthumously, we're not bound by nature's laws anymore! :cmon:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Withholding judgment until a .gif leaks of the new ED 209 pulping some over-eager junior suit

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Guys I'm beginning to worry that this high-budget adaptation of a satirical action movie from 1987 may not be as enjoyable as I would hope

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Don't octopusses have little bitey beaks in their centers? Kittie could be injured :ohdear:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

Skid-plate racing.

OK something like this could actually get me to give even half a poo poo about motor'sports' this looks hilarious.

SOURCE THIS poo poo

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

posters posted:

It's The Avengers, stupid

Huh. I honestly thought it was some CGI short from the way the face and lighting looked - just unnatural somehow. Anyhoo now I have a movie for this weekend.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Bahahaha the lead car can barely get onto the track without skewing almost sideways, this looks like it would be a blast!

e: once they get up to speeed that is

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Hydrolith posted:

Go here, and click on the camera icon in the text box. Or get this.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Spoilers, God!

Dude is apparently 15 years old.

"come at me proskater"

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This is the kind of funny that sneaks up on you like years later and you just crack up laughing and can never explain why.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

e: I am the raptor in this scenario

Chard has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Oct 11, 2013

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

CPColin posted:

Surely, you can't be serious. It's a whole different kind of movie, altogether.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Why the hell aren't there adult versions of this thing, I'd own one for me and one for guests

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Uh this is clearly some kind of nerdgame, I literally want to own a giant-size baby spinning loop. Preferably it will have like rings on a rod I can spin with my hands, and maybe some bells and a horn or something I don't know. I would be so loving fit from spinning in that thing for hours everyday, I'd live (spin) to be 200 years old.

Batman-related:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

That's really more :nms: than :nws:, in this poster's opinion. What the gently caress, society.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Retarded Pimp posted:

http://i.imgur.com/9hktaGv.gif :nms: Eyeworms. Do not click if you're squeamish

Isn't this from Prometheus?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Jay O posted:

3 seconds of Twilight Zone.

I love you. Best show to ever be on TV. Never stop doing these.

e: think I may need to bust out the box set this weekend.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

If I were a wizard this is totally the type of thing I would do.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Lol people still watch those shows?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This is awesome, I love seeing behind the scenes on really complicated and/or elaborate shoots. Do you have any more practical shot gifs?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Knobs to stop sliding = ribbed for pleasure.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

dijon du jour posted:

evil parents.

:stare: holy poo poo, that kid knows he is being tricked and he does it anyway, look at his face as he's biting it. Wanna hug that child once I'm done laughing.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

LeJackal posted:

Can we get one for when a woman falsely files an assault complaint and ruins a man's life? Thanks.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I think the worst most horrifying thing about this is that it's only $1.75 a tin.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

toanoradian posted:

I get what the illusion is, but how does that arise, man? What exactly about the structure of the eye (or the visual processing) makes it possible for us to mistook a straight movement for an up and down movement? I'm an idiot and need some more thorough explanations.

It's been a long time since my last neuroscience class but there are parts of the brain that fire in response to various orientations of lines, like top-right to bottom-left 45 degrees, 60 degrees, etc. for all angles. It's part of how the brain parses rough info about what the eyes perceive, before it gets to the conscious parts of the brain. Plus what dijon du jour said, basically the brain is doing a lot of filling in the blanks. Heuristics.

There was some experiment where they raised animals in the bottom of a round room with vertical stripes on the wall, they had really weird balance and such and couldn't really walk.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

JebanyPedal posted:

God, what an incredible movie.

It really is.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

:black101: Hell Yes, now this is the reason for the season.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Soopafly posted:

SCIENCE.
http://min.us/i/ugmslq5nlIMU - linked for being 10 MB

Why is he poking it with a pencil? Slow down the rotation and keep it safer/from flinging bits out of the coil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

• Locked thread