Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

Hirayuki posted:

I meant the English subtitles. And I use the term "English" broadly. Phontons? School trap?

I think it's on purpose in this case. Part of the joke in this segment seems to be that, as the Italian guy looses his temper, his Japanese starts to become unintelligible and/or incorrect, and the spelling mistakes in the subtitles may have been added on purpose to reflect this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

WeAreTheRomans posted:

WHile these are cool and all, I'm a little nonplussed by this whole notion, and it all really seems to demonstrate is that Kubrick really likes symmetrical composition. Which should be pretty apparent if you've seen anything Kubrick ever did.

It's discussed briefly in the documentary Room 237. The short of it is that are people who honestly do think that playing the movie forward and backward at the same time can reveal some purposeful and meaningful juxtapositions of images, which were actually intended by Kubrick and not, you know, pure coincidence. In a documentary dedicated to outlandish interpretations, that one was by far the hardest one to swallow for me.

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

ConorT posted:

Is that the actor who played mad dog in the first one?

Yayan Ruhian does appear in the sequel, though not as Mad Dog, but as a character named Prakoso.

So loving excited for that movie.

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

Robert Denby posted:

Save the Green Planet

Such a fun movie.

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

• Locked thread