Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ho Chi Mint posted:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the subtle homo-erotic undertones in the Mad Max movies.

Oh, that was just the style at the time

All kidding aside, I recall hearing that the Mad Max outfit had become a gay icon of sorts.

One of the things that I noticed on a recent viewing is that the Toecutter didn't just rape the girl in the hot rod, they raped her boyfriend as well. That's why we see him running off into the outback stark naked when Goose drives up and after Johnny Boy dozed off. So, yeah, they were definitely a bunch of pansexual bikers.

Of course, even with the blonde buttboy riding bitch, this is not even Vernon Wells' gayest role.

I'm not sure if I recall where I heard this, but I think Miller was influenced a bit by William Burroughs' "The Wild Boys", which is about a gang of gay teenage bikers roaming the countryside of post-apocalyptic America. It was a fairly influential book in the early '70s, inspiring David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust persona and Ian Curtis of Joy Division, so I'd imagine that Miller may have heard about it. I know that another Aussie director, Russell Mulcahy of Highlander fame, had wanted to adapt that book into a movie and ended up doing a long-form video with other fans of the book, Duran Duran, on the titular song "The Wild Boys".

Speaking of things discovered on recent viewings, I realized that in Beyond Thunderdome, there's a line where the girl who wakes up Max to tell him Savannah, Mr. Scratch, and their breakway faction took off, she mentions one of the girls that went along with them "is ready to pop any day". That single line brought the uncomfortable thought that Lost Boys and Girls were having sex and making babies at a really young age.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

kazmeyer posted:

Where'd you think all those little ones during the Tell came from?

I originally thought they were born before the adults left with Captain Walker or died off.

But, considering that Savannah, Mr. Scratch, and Slake M'Thurst, the eldest of the tribe, have gone full primitive and cargo culty in that time thanks to a lack of adult guidance, they must have been real young when the war happened. I can't even wager a guess how long they would have been out there, given the fluidity of the Mad Max timeline so far.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Mad Max also owns for being indirectly responsible for Babe: Pig In The City.

I would've liked to have Miller troll Mad Max fans by cutting a trailer that would have shots of Pursuit Special shooting down the road and a voice over "From acclaimed director George Miller, at long last, a reluctant hero returns to the road...", then cut to Babe at the wheel in a black leather jacket.

Also, I'm hoping that the new film has an eyeball gag at some point. He does it twice in Mad Max and in his segment of Twilight Zone: The Movie where Lithgow opens the window shade and gets a close-up of the gremlin on the wing, but never did on in the other films.

This is what I'm talking about...

Eyepopping special effects!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

penismightier posted:

The other one that always gets me is when the car flips and that poor guy goes sailing through the air towards the camera.

YESSSSS!

My favorite is the part where, after the two ex-MaxForce guys drag the Warrior Woman and the Mechanic off the tanker, Max sees them come up and...

Both barrels. One slug, one buckshot. You can just see the loving rage on his face when he does it, too.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Blind Sally posted:

Apparently the film contributed $374 million to the Namibian economy: http://www.madmax4-movie.com/community/forums/topic/1173. Includes a few new images of some cars and a creepy looking cast member.

After seeing that shot of post-flôod Australia, I'm a disappointed that Miller decide not to shoot there. A little vibrancy would add something new to the genre.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm not sure if they understand Max and what separates him from the post-apocalyptic films that followed him from that trailer. Unless the dude was biker scum, he'd do everything in his power to save that guy, even if he justifies it by bargaining with him like he did at saving the tortured scout in Road Warrior.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ho Chi Mint posted:

There is a Death's head in the box:

It's not exactly a Totenkopf skull. As you can see in your sample, the Totenkopf skull is turned 3/4 away from the viewer. Also, the one in the box does not have a jaw. It might be another ANZAC medal.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

2015??? What the gently caress?

This is the correct response: https://twitter.com/DrewAtHitFix/status/403357577230032897

Drew McWeeny posted:

Serious question: is "Mad Max: Fury Road" animated, and is George Miller doing the entire goddamn thing by hand?

:bravo:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

Ya know, up till now I could never quite place it. The front of that truck always looked weird for some reason and now it finally hit me, it's just paint on a sheet of steel.

The film production was so cheap that they were concerned they might damage the truck in the stunt, so they painted a sheet of steel and mounted it in front of the grill as armor.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

^^^
How pissed were they when the truck drove over the bike and most likely seriously badly hosed up the suspension, steering, and god knows what else?

Oh man, I know. That looks like it could have at least popped a few tires as well.

Word has it that Miller paid a local truck driver $50 bucks to do that scene and the installed the shield because the guy was hesitant to hit the motorcycle and dummy with the front of the truck. That was the driver's own truck, too.

I'd imagine Miller and camera crew commandeering the Pursuit Special after that shot and ordering Gibson to hit the nitrous and get them away from the angry driver.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Mad Max isn't postnuclear.

The oasis kids in Thunderdome say differently.

I believe that it's implied the backstory is that there's was a nuclear war, limited or not, that has left Australia relatively intact but starving for fuel.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 9, 2014

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Yeah, I was going to bring up On The Beach, but you could also bring up other ANZAC postapoc movies: Smoke Em If You Got Em, Dead End Drive In, Hardware, etc. where the catastrophe isn't necessarily a neutron bomb vaporizing skyscrapers, but isolation from the rest of the world.

Yeah, that's what I've figured. I recently started thinking about nuclear war again, thanks to the Russian aggression into Ukraine, and came to the conclusion that even a full-on nuclear war with our modern stockpiles would largely be confined to the northern hemisphere. Unless directly targeted, which would be unlikely give that most nuclear attacks would be counterforce (against military installations and nuclear launch sites and stockpiles), most population centers in the southern hemisphere would largely be untouched, given that fallout would be contained by the northern jet streams and the large stretches of ocean would diluted fallout from whatever targets in the south that are hit. Places like South America, Africa, and Australia would be largely undamaged, but heavily isolated.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Blind Sally posted:

Anyone know of any other rad Mad Max-ish movies? It's a bit of a wait until next year, and I really want to watch some good post-apocalyptic media.

The Rover may still be in theaters. It takes place in Australia after a Western economic collapse, which has resulted in China taking over the world economy. Australia is being carved up and strip-mined by various mineral corporations, bringing in immigrant labor from China, Africa, and now America, and the law in the Outback reduced to a sparsely-patrolling Australian military, private military contractors (who mostly hang around ore transports and mining operations), or yourself. Everyone who lives out there is in poverty, segregated to isolated encampments and company towns, or a criminal preying on the first two. Anyone else left when they had the chance, leaving abandoned houses, dogs, and even children. One of the recurring elements is no one has running water, so they're washing their hands out of garbage cans-turned-wash basins and tubs of stagnant water.

It's pretty bleak and more of the slow burn tension of the first Mad Max film than any others. It's more a character drama that an action flick, with whatever incidents of violence happening quickly and brutally.

Neo Rasa posted:

2019: After the Fall of New York (1983)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy-OJxtVu8M
Italian 80s action movie version of Children of Men that takes the premise in a slightly different direction. There's actually a small reference to this movie in the Children of Men film adaptation. I never read the book (which also was done several years after this movie happened) and would love to know if said scene is in the book also.

I've heard SMG talk about this, and it made me watch it again but is there a legit reference to CoM?

Speaking of which, there's The New Barbarians , where someone looked at the gayboy berserkers of Lord Humongous and went "we can make this more gay!".

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

The Bullet Farmer (Richard Carter) who runs the Bullet Farm, seems these guys have all the guns and poo poo.

Goddamn, I was sure this was a Tropic Thunder reference for a moment there.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I ended up rewatching The Cars That Ate Paris and Deadend Drive-In and I'm convinced that any Australian post-apocalypse film, from Mad Max to The Rover can take place at the exact time, regardless when it was actually filmed. With the exception of the later Mad Max films where it's explicitly stated as a nuclear war, pretty much all of them have the same weird environmental/governmental/cultural collapse similarities that it's hard to see them not be the same continuity.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Don't forget Turkey Shoot!

Didn't mean to, but yeah. I was going to include Stone in the generic Ozpocalypse as well, even though it was set in then-modern Australia, just because the opening concentrates heavily on the pollution angle with close-ups of beach closings and the assassination of an anti-pollution protesting professor. Also,

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

Did anyone else think Hugh Keays-Byrne was actually kinda cute as the Toecutter? I think it's the hair.

You're in luck, because Keays-Byrne is a central character in Stone, playing the second-in-command of the biker gang.

Also, he cleans up real good playing the City nobleman who forced Rutger Hauer into exile in The Blood Of Heroes.

Blind Sally posted:

It was the single shave eyebrow and shifting accent, imo. Also, Bubba Zanetti was scary enough to influence the creation of a Mega Man villain. Not many action movie characters can say that.

The only other one I can think of is Romero from Escape From New York, who inspired the early versions of Two P and J in Final Fight.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 26, 2014

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Cross-postin' from the Movie Posters thread...

Vagabundo posted:

Oh my god, shut up you nerds.

Mad Max: Fury Road character posters are out.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Blind Sally posted:

Judging by the trailer, Max spends a portion of the movie incarcerated and gagged. He won't need to be doing a whole heck of a lot of speaking.

Did anyone else pause at the part where Max is being tattooed? It was a list of his blood-type, history, and physical features--they captured him to harvest his organs.

That's what I thought was being tatted on his back. It looks like the major factions are introduced in the trailer the Bullet Farmer is shown looking to be dual-wielding skeletonized P90s or something while on the Charger-Tank and Immortan Joe is shown putting on his mask.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Argy Bargy posted:

Not to be pedantic, but in the first movie both Goose and Max's wife are still alive, if seriously hosed up, when he goes on his high speed revenge trip. But his son is definitely killed. In the Road Warrior, it's presumed his wife is dead, but I don't think it's ever explicitly stated.

She's brain dead, the doctors are discussing parting her organs out, just like the wreckers.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's funny because The Road Warrior isn't a very colorful movie and I've seen more than a few people on other parts of the internet complaining that the color in the Fury Road trailer sucks because it isn't being true to the original movies.

People are looking for stuff to complain about. I ran across a Facebook post about being disgusted by Max crushing the lizard.

That said, I was rewatching the trailer today and noticed that it's not MPAA rated there's a clear red mist when the biker impacts the side of the truck and gets sucked under the truck near the end

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

The one in Mad Max is much more intense too because it's an extremely well edited scene where all you see is quick shots of them trashing the car and then the aftermath. The Road Warrior one is pretty gratuitous honestly, though at the same time we see Gyro Captain having a great time watching it until they execute the woman.

I hate to continue this detail, but both films are restrained when you compare it to other films in the post-apocalypse genre. I mean, neither rape scene reaches the level of Casellari's The New Barbarians or the works of Cirio Santiago. :gonk:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

Remember him

when you look towards

the night

sky.

Sure thing, boss, anything you say.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

It's been a while since I've seen either movie, but I think Mad Max would make a good double feature with A Clockwork Orange just because their societies are in comparable states of decay.

I've made the statement before that anything made in Australia would do. It doesn't even have to be post-apocalypse genre like The Rover or Dead-End Drive-In, the land openly rejects human life like the Southwest out of a Cormac McCarth novel.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Even Romper Stomper?

Especially Romper Stomper.

Actually, I watched Stone and The Cars That Ate Paris and both of those movies, despite being set in then-contemporary Australia, had that same dystopian vibe with the pollution, government corruption, and collapsing economic support.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

Stone is so loving good. One of the best endings in cinema, full stop.

Yeah, you know the bikers are decent folks because they just beat the poo poo out of Stone and took back their colors and didn't rape his girlfriend in front of him.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

Completely agree here

Not so sure about this. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom being rated PG is held up as the main reason why the PG-13 rating was invented, and wasn't that about as gruesome and violent as Dark Knight?

The politicking was even worse before PG-13 and probably more obvious. John Wayne's Big Jake starts off with a massacre worthy of Peckinpah's Wild Bunch opening and ending, but received a G rating when it was released in 1972. You can bet the Duke leaned on Jack Valenti and the Hollywood establishment to get that. Only when it was released on DVD in 2001 was it reclassified as PG-13.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Crackerman posted:

Let’s not forget the homoerotic undertones of the first two Mad Max films probably contributing to their ratings. The first one has a guy who has clearly been raped by the biker gang running away bleeding and the second has a legion of S&M warriors who call themselves the Gayboy Berserkers.

Come to think of it, bizarre homoeroticism was the only thing missing from the Fury Road trailer.

Probably doesn't need it since it's all these weird masculine mutants like the Bullet Farmer and Immortan Joe that are going after young virginal women.

Part of the whole "gayboy berserker" thing has a lot to do with Miller being a fan of William Burroughs' "The Wild Boys: A Book Of The Dead", which is about gayboy bikers being the heroes, overthrowing a corrupt fascist government. The trope has kinda been done to death and kinda offensive these days (especially in stuff like The New Barbarians), so I'm wondering if Miller is going for hypermasculine post-apocalyptic cultures vs. a feminist (cybernetic) fist trying to hold what's decent left of civilization together with Furosia's band of girls.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Babe Magnet posted:

To be fair it's against the law to wear anything more than a tank-top when you're firing a minigun at something.

I ain't got time to put on a sleeved shirt. :clint:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

SALT CURES HAM posted:

That would actually be an interesting hook for a post-apoc movie. The nukes dropped, but civilization mostly bounced back entirely, except for a few pockets of no-man's-land that resemble Road Warrior craziness.

I've been telling people this, but if it did come down to a nuclear war between U.S/Europe and Russia, everything in the Northern Hemisphere would be hosed for a few hundred years, thanks to how the jetstream works, which would isolate pretty much all the fallout to north of the equator, maybe even north of the Tropic of Cancer, and where 90-99% of the targets are going to be located. The Southern Hemisphere will come out largely unscathed: even if a number of targets were hit, the fallout would settle mostly in ocean where it would be diluted.

But, if you think about it, most of the places where talking about either have stability issues, like Africa, or largely isolated, like Australia, that they'd likely fall apart if such an event happened. South America would likely persevere, if Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, and a Chavez-Bolivarian alliance of Venezeula, Bolivia, and Ecuador don't start poo poo with one another.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

I love the weird quasi-religious nature of the gang in Mad Max in general. The Nightrider is like less a human and more like their god. But still the Nightrider is so proud of himself "If you could see me now Toecutter!"

I love the scene where Bubba is talking to Toecutter about how Johnny the Boy isn't good enough because he got busted for leading that gang rape of the couple trying to drive away from them. I like their disagreement about how if he's worth keeping in the gang and Bubba's "He's NOTHING like the Nightrider!!!!!!!!!!!!!" as Toecutter rides off. Like The Nightrider is a mythical ideal who they all aspire to some day be. But the only "Nightrider" at the end of the movie is Max himself!

The whole great thing about the Nightrider worship is that, when he finally faces Max in that opening chase, he completely breaks down in the face of someone with a stronger willpower. If he hadn't killed himself by an eye-popping accident (mirroring Toecutter's own demise), I doubt the Toecutter and his gang would be chomping at the bit to be in the presence of a sniveling, crying coward.

Oh, since we were talking about Australian and/or post-apocalypse entertainment, I'd recommend Dead-End Drive-In. It follows the same tropes of a collapsing Australia cut off economically that Mad Max does. One of the interesting background bits is that things have gone all Cuba and cars are now a precious commodity that there's a minor war between salvage truckers, who race to claim the cars in accidents so they can resell the parts, and the "cowboys", gangs of road-racers who strip accidents scenes and ambush unsuspecting motorists for their cars.

Also, Dead-End Drive-In is almost timeless when the government starts shipping in Asians and the mostly white punks in the concentration campdrive-in literally go "gently caress Off We're Full".

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 20, 2014

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

e2- Actually looking it up, there's no Iron Cross. The medals seem to be Australian military WWII theater ribbons plus a Totenkopf, so who knows? Most likely a Commonwealth soldier, but it's weird to have Pacific service ribbons plus a Nazi trophy.

I don't think it's a Totenkopf. I remember there was some debate on a Mad Max forum about it when trying to source it for a replica gun case. There was some belief that may also some sort of Australian military ornament prior to WW2. I was looking around for that source and it might more likely be a Prussian hussar's Totenkopf, because of it's size and missing jaw. The shakos worn by the hussars had a similar design to the emblem the Waffen SS, because a lot of them came from the German-Prussian junkers class, would use later in WW2.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Dec 22, 2014

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Roger Ebert loved Spielberg-style sap and hated movies that were relentlessly bleak and uncomfortable (see: hating Blue Velvet). Combine that with the fact that he was a huge fanboy for comic book science fiction and it's really not too surprising.

...also, big breasts and black women.

If there had been a big-budget science fiction movie in the '80s that had Pam Grier as the lead and it had her at least topless once, it would be Roger Ebert's Movie Of That Year.

Also, on Mad Max actors appearing in other films, this is largely because of how small the casting pool in Australia is (or at least at the time). If you watch Australian movies long enough, they'll pop up evenutally: Roger Ward (Fifi) shows up in Turkey Shoot, Steve Bisley (Goose) has been part of some Coast Guard show for decades, and Hugh Keays-Byrne has had a cinematic career forever, but has been mostly doing theater during the 2000s.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

There is a ton of Peter Weir in Mad Max 1 and I love it.

And in Road Warrior...

Of course, Fury Road has an homage to The Cars That Ate Paris with the hedgehog VW.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I noticed it on a recent viewing as well, but it's kinda pointless because the collision occurs while Max is still pinned, so Bear Claw losing his footing and hanging on by his titular claw in Max's shoulder doesn't matter because he's probably pasted between the tanker and the cab when Humongous's car and the truck slam head on with each other.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Armyman25 posted:

Watching Wheels of FIre a Road Warrior rip off from 1985.

It's...not good, but the cars are neat. And it does make me appreciate that the Mad Max films don't have cars exploding into balls of fire for no good reason. Like, the Night Rider ran his car into a bunch of overturned fuel drums, the Goose was soaked in gas from a leaky tank, and Max's car blew up specifically because it was rigged with explosives. But for the rest, they just crumple and crash the way a car would.

You should watch Stryker. You'd think that the way people go after water in that movie, it was really liquor and they're all alcoholics. It simultaneously overvalues water while de-emphasizing dehydration. You see a guy stop shooting in a gun fight to go and drink from a leaking waterskin that's taken a bullet (which ends up getting him killed). Or the scene with the fifty pygmy monks who are trying to trade said waterskin later from Stryker, when it's obvious that the waterskin would not quench all of them. I mean, if they're all diving for and fighting for a cup of water, they're probably more far gone than it can help them.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Neo Rasa posted:

It also has the immortal line "You're just like the clouds in the sky, all silver lining and promises, but all you ever rain is sorrow." when Stryker questions whether or not the old guy and his colony of amazons actually have the technology to make it start raining again. :3: I feel lucky to still have an uncut VHS of this. You can buy this movie via those "OMG 50 SCI-FI MOVIES FOR $20" DVD sets but it's this extremely cut form of the film that's basically non-violent.

That's actually his brother. It's great, because that's Ken Metcalfe, who wrote, directed, and starred in Warriors Of The Apocalypse a.k.a. Searchers Of Voodoo Mountain. Apparently, he was a casting director who worked largely in the Philippines. Believe it or not, he worked on Apocalypse Now. I'm enamored with him and Warriors enough that I made my crew in Wasteland 2 using screencaps for both movies. I used the shot of him shooting that dude on the ladder for his portrait, but if you've seen Warriors, you can guess which characters I used.

Yeah, I have the cut version I :filez: from a torrent. I definitely like the ending, where Stryker kills the tyrant Kardis and it suddenly just starts raining, as if that this guy was solely responsible holding back the rain. It doesn't make any loving sense, except as a thematic element. I also love the fact that Kardis' and Trun's men stop fighting once the rains come, like everyone has been reborn and their sins washed away..

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Warrior Woman, Mechanic and Zetta were on the trailer.
Zetta was something of a 2IC to Papagallo, he also wanted to be leader and was growing to despise is leadership with other members of the refinery.
He was the guy in the ute tray strapped to the back of the trailer who got grappling hooked and torn off the vehicle while his molotov cocktails exploded. BAM

Yeah, I think he's the guy who convinces Papagallo that Max was on the up and up when Warrior Woman dismisses him when he discusses the "downpayment" for the fuel.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

:laffo:

Although, to be honest, I'd take Lord Humongus as the used car salesman considering how one-sided his deals are and all the cars he's got.

Supposedly, in the shooting script, Papagallo was supposed to be some sort of petrochemical executive experimenting in alternative fuel extraction, which explains why he's in the middle of nowhere Australia. The refinery was some sort of experimental facility for his company.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Yeah, the Seven Sisters was a reference to a conspiracy theory of a cartel of oil companies in control of Middle East oil production (Royal Dutch Shell, Anglo-Persian Oil Company (which would become BP), Texaco, Gulf Oil, Standard Oil of California (the three of which would become Chevron), Esso, and Socony (both of which become Exxon-Mobil)) that was popular before OPEC came around.

I believe you do see a quick reference to the Seven Sisters Company that Pappagallo supposedly worked for in Road Warrior as it's painted on the tanker.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Snak posted:

Speaking of the Gyro Captain being a sleezeball, I always thought he was a piece of poo poo for being perfectly happy to watch that woman being raped, but then is all troubled that they kill her. I also think it's an effective demonstration of how hosed things are and good film making, it's just unsettling.

It's pretty clear the Gyro Captain has been out in the boonies for awhile, considering he's going on about missing perfume and lingerie, so it's he hasn't really seen a woman in a while. Also, in his defense, he starts getting revolted right before she's raped or at least after they strip her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Blind Sally posted:

The Mad Max game is back on track, for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hDPmTvqob0

(Dinki Di dog food spotted, Thunderdome and Bruce Spence too)

FTFY. That wandering vendor at 1:35 looks and sounds way too familiar.

• Locked thread