Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Alhazred posted:

Its not like every river is a disease ridden sludge. As long as it's not filled with poo poo, dead animals, is discolored or smells bad it should be reasonably safe to drink it.

"Should" be safe. :allears: Ask a National Park ranger about Giardiasis sometime.

Throatwarbler posted:

I don't have a picture but you already know what raw pork looks like, it's a thing in certain parts of Yunnan province in China to have basically pork sashimi, with the meat and the fat consumed separately. I was assured that the pigs were specially selected and grass fed (or whatever the pig equivalent is) and I didn't die of Trichinosis, but it wasn't particularly appetizing.

Raw pork ("Mett") is commonly eaten in Germany. But we have mandatory inspections for Trichinosis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

redmercer posted:

"Soft cartilage" is not a texture I want in my food.

Have you ever tried Jackfruit?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

ekuNNN posted:

As for other Dutch food people might dislike, I can't really think of anything in particular, maybe chocolate sprinkles on bread?

Needs more peanut butter Pindakaas.

Zopotantor has a new favorite as of 18:29 on Apr 25, 2013

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

ReverendGodless posted:

Something fishy about this. Anyone recognize the flag?

Sakha Republic

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Vitamins posted:

The aftertaste is kind of floral and fragrant which is pretty reminiscent of soap, at least to me.

Jasmine?

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhtX2P0B7qs
I think I'll have me some rillettes on whole grain bread now...

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Raw pork.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Helith posted:

Are you American? Do Americans, the loving sugar barons and sweet toothed avatars of this planet, not know what a Pavlova is?
Sounds Russian. Must be a Communist plot to taint Americans' sacred bodily fluids. :clint:

Jaaam posted:

That is called a pie floater, which is a meat pie with mashed up peas all over it. I've never eaten one, because I've always found them disgusting, like on a primal level. I mean just look at that! :barf:
According to Terry Pratchett, every country has a kind of food that is only ever eaten when completely drunk, and that's the Australian version.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

pentyne posted:

To be fair, no one in Scotland eats it, they sell it to the tourists who've heard about it and want to try "Scottish Food"

I thought "Scottish Food" meant haggis with tatties and neeps.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Data Graham posted:

According to a teacher in high school, the Japanese regard cheese as a kind of spoiled milk and don't understand why we consider it food.

I'm not Japanese, and that's exactly what I think of cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

Jerry Cotton posted:

how exactly are your wallpapers affixed to your walls?

Methyl cellulose.

• Locked thread