Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is there any metal remixes of Pure Furies yet, or should I check back after Comiket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SirSlarty posted:

There's this one but it's not that great in my opinion.

GET IN THE RING did a hard electro vocal (I made that term up I think).

I forgot how much Junko's theme rocks.

-sigh- Yeah, that's not a good remix. Not a fan of vocal ones in general, to be honest, so no comment on the second.

Then again, this is what happens when you get spoiled by all the good artists.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

This is what happens when a bunch of Touhou nerds find a white board at the Wisconsin State Fair.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

amuayse posted:

Who is the Gensokyo tailor?

Probably some random human villager. I believe it's been stated in one of the side books that those with skills who manage to settle down in the village as an outsider are highly valued. Think it was the first Akyuu book if I remember right.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Clarste posted:

WaHH 33 draft

In which we see the difference between Mamizou and Yukari.

On "page" 92, leftmost panel, you forgot a sure.

Also, nice to see Yukari be her usual self.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I was discussing with a friend on whether or not Komachi knows Kasen isn't really a hermit. I say she knows, friend disagrees. Thoughts?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a cartoon duck posted:

I only have the vaguest recollections of the Komachi chapters but I remember getting the impression that she realised Kasen is not a hermit.

What chapters was Komachi in anyway?

I had to check the wiki (and I totally forgot since last night), but this is the page that I found is telling:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

In honor of today, I present to you my receipt bag for today.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MefoMefo is awesome. They were the first one to go "... why hasn't anyone done Mexican Day of the Dead Komachi yet?" and proceeded to do it.

Then again, they are Mexican themselves, so I guess that explains that.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Clarste posted:

Edit: Incidentally, I see chapter 35 as the big reveal that everyone's been waiting for all this time. It reveals that she's an old friend of Yukari's who was one of the youkai sages who created the barrier in the first place. Recall a certain line from ULiL: "In the name of the sage" or whatever. I didn't think about it much at the time, but now that she's being called a sage of Gensokyo... she was breaking the barrier in her own name. So she and Yukari are part of an extremely small group of high level youkai who created Gensokyo as we know it. With this in mind, all the things she hates about Gensokyo, like the state of the Underworld and how youkai-human interactions are handled, and the existence of the barrier itself, take on a totally different light. These are her regrets, that she wants to undo/redo.

It would explain how Kasen can get in and out then

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WeeabooJudas posted:

You would think it would be hard to be an atheist in Gensokyo, much with the literal gods living there.

And also working for a devil, come to think of it.

Not to get into :tvtropes: territory, but nay-theist is pretty much what I view a Gensokyo atheist as. They know the gods exist, they simply don't have any faith in said gods.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

rannum posted:

I had just finished rereading the FMW lp so its kind of funny that
FMW Yukari is basically Canon Kasen in respect to regrets & interactions

Link?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Speaking of Junko: how to calm yourself, written by Junko:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

http://i.imgur.com/Vre5GwP.gifv

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It's short for "Why Kantai be playing Touhou instead"

:perfect:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Part of me wonders if we'll have Renko and Maribel in the new one

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The other interesting thing is the only character to have possessed someone is Mokou. Twice.

E: well, that's if you only count one route in IN canon

iospace fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Dec 11, 2016

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nah

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

If Yuuka doesn't show up in 15.5, there's nothing right in the world.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I ate it :catbert:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nah, PCB.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ikaragu posted:

The Touhou series now has a full 20 years worth of characters that are better than Mima.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I neglect Reimu...

By playing Marisa :unsmigghh:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gyra_Solune posted:

pffffffffffff

is there any topic dril has in fact not discussed

I was going to ask that :argh:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

horriblePencilist posted:

Actually now that I think about it Marisa handling poison and mercury at the tender age of 12(?) is probably more troubling. In conclusion: Congratulations Reimu and Marisa for making it past 20.

Also consider where Marisa lives.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ikaragu posted:

By far the worst bit of Forbidden Scrollery was the revelation that Marisa is shorter than Kosuzu.

Also Marisa, at least according to ULiL sprites, is only just taller than Futo.

Fun facts! Mokou is supposed to be short, considering she came from the late 600s/early 700s Japan. Maybe like 4'6" or something? Dunno the average height of Japanese women back then, not to mention when she took the elixir.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nages posted:

actually crazily enough I am getting reports that they will BOTH be in touhou 15.5

source your quotes.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Brainiac Five posted:

Touhou 15.8: Alice and Medicine's Bogus Journey.

Where does Yuka show up?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gamerofthegame posted:

Alice is basically a lich.

Is Hourai or Shanghai her phylactery then?

Random nerd fact! Lich is also the name of a star! PSR B1257+12, or the first star to actually have planets confirmed to orbit it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

z0glin Warchief posted:

I think there was at least one other star that we confirmed as having planets orbiting it first. :smugdog:

I love the smell of technicalities in the morning.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1. Yukari
2. Yukari
3. Yukari
4. Yukari
5. Yukari
6. Yukari
7. Yukari

:colbert:

(kidding obviously)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Clarste posted:

I think Renko/Maeryberry has been the most popular pairing in past polls, possibly because it's the least controversial.

Who? :v:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

BlitzBlast posted:

Shaking my head if you don't know the best touhou Merryberry.

Maribel is better :colbert:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Serious talk though, how is her name supposed to be translated, because I know it was asked at AWA back in the day, and Zun shrugged.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gyra_Solune posted:

i wonder why Mokou's so popular anyways

I like her because I have a big thing for tomboys. I wonder why *notices a significant amount of posts in Games and SAS*.

That said, she is actually one of the few characters with an actual backstory. Like, a somewhat fleshed out one instead of tiny amount of detail we get for others.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Frankly Mokou's entire "grudge" against Kaguya is purely an excuse to find any reason in her eternal life, and really, it doesn't seem to help much since she tends to just meditate and think about death these days. She pretty clearly doesn't actually give a poo poo about Kaguya herself anymore, if she ever even really did.

I think it's one part that, one part hoping that maybe one of those deaths will stick.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gyra_Solune posted:

you'd think after attempt #3296 she'd probably have gotten thoroughly bored of it

You'd think, but this is someone who wants nothing more in her life to die, so make of it what you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ammat The Ankh posted:

She isn't drawn with big titties, and if you look up hentai of her you get arrested.

:downs: but she's over 60! She remember- :barf:

Ok, yeah, that's probably part of it.

I was going to ask about Flan but then I remembered loli incest :barf::barf::barf: I need brain bleach now