Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Wapole Languray posted:

Monsters and Other Childish Things Announcement

Unless somebody wants me to finish it, I will be skipping the rest of Curriculum of Conspiracy.

I don't find the adventure module very interesting, and it's a pain to write up because it's so short and sparse on details. Instead I'd rather skip it and go to the next real book in the line Bigger Bads, which will be followed by The Dreadful Secrets of Candlewick Manor. If anybody else wants to do finish Curriculum, or do the other Monsters adventures, Skymaul and Road Trip, I'm totally cool with it. I own neither books, and as I never play pre-made adventures, have no desire to get them.

But, so that it isn't a dissapointment, I'm going to give you a preview of what to look forward to in Bigger Bads
  • New Rules Both standard Errata and expansions for Grappling, helping other players, new Extras, more abstract enemies in "Threats",rules for "Farness" and "Bigness", and best of all, rules for :siren:GIANT ROBOTS:siren:

• New Character Type Rules for playing an unnaturally-abled "Wierd Kid!" It's like the X-Men meets the X-Files!

• New Enemies A royal buttload of brand new baddies to smash, including such foes as The Grumps, Levi A. Than, Killdozer, and Your (Hot) New Stepmom (From California)!

• New Campaign Setting! Go Go Monster Force Zeta!

What did you think of Conspiracy, overall? It was my first published book, so I have to admit I'm fond of it :)

Reading your writeup was quite cool, I have to say. I've tried to keep up with this thread but it goes so fast, I never have time to read much of it. Thanks for giving MAOCT a write up! It's a great game and every game I've ever run with it has been fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Wait... your "first published book" as in you wrote it? As in you are the writer? Of the book?

Yup! :cthulhu:

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Wapole Languray posted:

Pretty much. Monsters are attracted by emotions, and a normal adult doesn't have the openness and emotional intensity of an adolescent. If an adult has a Monster, they're emotionally unstable in some way. Normally, the monster just gives the Mary Poppins "You don't need me anymore" style goodbye and goes back to wherever it came from.

Obviously, if you want to have adults with Monsters, just chuck that out.

There is no canonical explanation because MAOCT is a toolkit game - no set cosmology or background for the game.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Kellsterik posted:

Yeah, I always felt like I was missing something with forking in EP and related concepts in other media. Your consciousness still comes to an end, right? How is that not dying?

How do you define the end of consciousness? Everyone lose consciousness when they sleep, get knocked out, or fall into a coma, after all.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Daetrin posted:

Speaking of Eclipse Phase, I just found out that one of my favorite internet dudes, Anders Sandberg, wrote a whole bunch of stuff for Eclipse Phase. I enjoy his analytic work but I have no idea if his EP ideas are any good, I'm afraid.

I played in one of his scenarios and recorded it: http://actualplay.roleplayingpublicradio.com/2011/09/genre/horror/eclipse-phase-think-before-asking/

It was fun and a very cool scenario!

• Locked thread